5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subs in a Quad Cab? Update Oct. '20

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has put in a custom sub installation in a QuadCab...specifically a Rebel? Having thoughts of getting 2 8's or 2 10's for under the rear seats. This is with the Alpine system and E-Torque so I wonder how the electrical system would take a hit with another amp.
I would obviously be looking for shallow mount subs, and I have a Rockford Fosgate amp thats 750x2 RMS already from last vehicle.

DennisY

Reaction score
I ordered a box for dual 10's from Supercrewsound. The box will be here Wednesday. Subs, grills, amp and wiring kit already arrived. I hope to be doing the install next weekend.

chithead

Reaction score
Any more quad cab guys with a subwoofer enclosure? Have been eyeballing this space for two weeks now and still not sure what to do. Hate to set anything on top of that nice weather mat, and definitely don't want to cut it. Thought about a, "floating" enclosure with downfiring subs, but that just eats up volume. And there really isn't that much space to begin with, hate to lose any more.

DennisY

Reaction score
Any more quad cab guys with a subwoofer enclosure? Have been eyeballing this space for two weeks now and still not sure what to do. Hate to set anything on top of that nice weather mat, and definitely don't want to cut it. Thought about a, "floating" enclosure with downfiring subs, but that just eats up volume. And there really isn't that much space to begin with, hate to lose any more.

You might look at the SuperCrewSound box at https://www.supercrewsound.com/Ram-QC.html It appears that it will fit your truck. It's for a single 10 inch sub and fires up. Don't worry about that though. I can tell you that in my 1500 LTD, firing up is NOT a problem, other than if there are passengers in the back, I need to turn the audio down! :) Which we would probably do anyway, right? I wound up with a dual sub box from these guys but in my testing and playing around, I found that a single sub would have been just fine.

Another thought is this one from JL Audio. Box and sub but no amp (you add your own). Pricey but JL Audio is very highly respected and spoken of. You'd want to check in with them to confirm this one fits your truck. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-oRQHL...8N8zkkUuPaBt9xVxtzUxFF0GUhjQ5Q2RoC6T4QAvD_BwE

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
There isn't **** out unless you want to take up all your volume or do some wack ported dual 10" setup. I'm going to make my own similar to the dude who fitted one in his limited. There's enough space on the passenger side I think if you fit a sub that doesn't need more than .5cf.

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
I built my own given how limited the options are. Not finished yet but it'll fit a 400w shallow mount 10" sealed. 20190919_233520.jpg

cajundude

Reaction score
You can get one of these is you are wanting to run a pair of 10 inch subs. I got the pictures from Amazon. Search: ram 2020 quad sub box.

Attachments

• 71DT6DkpgSL._SL1500_.jpg
    71DT6DkpgSL._SL1500_.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 116

rah6887

Reaction score
You can get one of these is you are wanting to run a pair of 10 inch subs. I got the pictures from Amazon. Search: ram 2020 quad sub box.
$300 whew...
I wish they'd make a single 10" sealed for the passenger side

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
Would you consider building one of these for me? Just the bare box.
What is the max sub depth on that box?
Thanks
The max depth on mine is 5.875 inches. I designed it for a shallow mount JL 10 Inch at 3.375 inches top mount depth. Unfortunately I am pretty slammed but I'd be more than happy to send you the SketchUp file if you wanted to do it yourself. All you need is a circular saw, a square, and a pocket hole jig. Took me about 2 hours.

Shives

Reaction score
I want that box you made, lol. Can I pay you to build me just the wooden portion. I’ll do the rest

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, but I finally ordered a sub box for the '19 QuadCab online. It's a GroundShaker 2 10" sealed box that fits under the seats: http://ground-shaker.com/index.php?...19-2020-dodge-ram-quad-cab&Itemid=104&lang=en

Took the tape measure out and double checked and it will fit snugly. 5/8", but its high density mdf so we will see. If necessary I'll have the installer add an extra brace or two. I plan on putting dynamat along the back wall too.

Hopefully in 2 weeks or so I will have it installed and I will take pictures to post on here with review.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Got the box and test fitted it in QuadCab. Very impressed with packaging from GroundShaker. Fits well, but probably going to cut the back part of the rubber mats so it slides in a bit easier on the sides and bit more clearance from bottom of seats. Otherwise I'm pleased with how it fits.
Should have more pictures around October 9-10 when everything gets installed.
Getting Focal Bam XL to line back of truck, and my Rockford Power t-1500bdcp amp fits nicely right in the center under the seat. Amp will be mounted on a board, and I will have a remote bass knob for amp. Believe they are going to use the signal coming off of rear factory sub for the 2 10" Sundown SD-4's they are installing.
Box price was $205, which is a good deal.

Attachments

• 20200925_100011.jpg
    20200925_100011.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 20200925_100031.jpg
    20200925_100031.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 20200925_100047.jpg
    20200925_100047.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Ram19Va

Reaction score
October Update:
Just got the truck back from the audio shop: Safe & Sound in Barhamsville, VA. Exceeded my expectations with the install and the subs are louder than expected. Rubber mats did NOT need to be cut.

Box holds up, Subs hit hard and it gets loud to the point where I have to cut it back. That is with the EQ flat at 0 for bass and mid. I'm going to post more pictures and a video here tomorrow or the next day. Factory 10 inch sub and box was removed, and I will document what it looks like in pictures as well.

Setup: 2 10" Sundown SD-4 Dual 4-Ohm subs, GroundShaker dual 10" box($205), Rockford Fosgate Power T-1500BDCP amp, Power EQ Bass knob, Focal Bam XL Insulation.

Users who are viewing this thread