5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subs in a Quad Cab? Update Oct. '20

JP305R

Reaction score
It hasn't had any effect on mine
Thanks I bought everything you recommended and I’m curious the LOC you installled by the ANC. Did you tap into the ANC or did the LOC tap into the speaker wire in the B pillar? Trying to figure out the best way to do it thanks in advance.

rah6887

Reaction score
Thanks I bought everything you recommended and I’m curious the LOC you installled by the ANC. Did you tap into the ANC or did the LOC tap into the speaker wire in the B pillar? Trying to figure out the best way to do it thanks in advance.
No pillar tapping required, the bypass does all of that for you...plug & play

abtennyson

Reaction score
Morning all! So, I have some time coming up... And was looking to make a sub box for my quad cab. Single 12 box.
The point... Been doing this a while now, and work with a local shop as well.. MECP, know how to calculate box volume.. blah blah.
If anyone might be interested in a custom sub box, by all means send me a message.
I won’t be into building crazy boxes! Just simple 10 and 12... as well, to make things easy.. I may just leave them raw, and let the people choose how to cover them.

what do you think?
Also considered tossing around cutting out all the parts, and sending disassembled! Allowing less expensive shipping, and gives you something to do, take some pride in finishing.

thoughts?
Did you ever get around to making one for yourself? I’d love to see it if so! I really liked the leather one earlier in this post, think it was a great looking design.

sppb32

Reaction score
I did, it was a long process but it sounds awesome.
6b7d3628d1152c5bb6bf62461f45af98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Shives

Reaction score
No, I went a whole different route. Being I don’t have any space to build a box, and my buddy’s shop is busy building ****... I can’t get access to a table saw and time.
What I did was buy the factory subwoofer from the 10” HK system. Matched a locker amp, modded the factory box, and installed. No, it’s not 2 12’s thumping, but it does add a sweet Lower end... Enough to where the lady asks to have it turned down. So, I’m happy for now. I may get wild and build a box in my drive way when warm weather comes, or install a box if they come down in price. The amp I picked has the power the factory sub needs at 5.4 ohms. (Over 200 watts) but at 1 ohm the amp can push 800 plus. Enough for one maybe two. Future proof.

Jperconte

Reaction score
The Foxbox from Foxcoustics is an excellent box. Well built and sounds great with the 2 Rockford Fosgate 10" prime subs. It's a little pricy, but is well build and finished. I ran this box in my 2019 Crew, now I'm looking to sell this box, and buy another for the 2022 Quad I just picked up. I have built many subs over the years, but I just don't have the time or the motivation to build another one.

I did a whole write up about upgrading the 8.4" stereo without replacing the factory head unit on this site. Adding two amps, digital sound processor, and Rockford speakers. I'll be updating the writeup soon when I install the system in the 2022 Ram Quad. Stay tuned!

U

User_63152

The Foxbox from Foxcoustics is an excellent box. Well built and sounds great with the 2 Rockford Fosgate 10" prime subs. It's a little pricy, but is well build and finished. I ran this box in my 2019 Crew, now I'm looking to sell this box, and buy another for the 2022 Quad I just picked up. I have built many subs over the years, but I just don't have the time or the motivation to build another one.

I did a whole write up about upgrading the 8.4" stereo without replacing the factory head unit on this site. Adding two amps, digital sound processor, and Rockford speakers. I'll be updating the writeup soon when I install the system in the 2022 Ram Quad. Stay tuned!
I am interested in that Foxbox for the Quad, too. Love to see your finished setup. (y)

U

User_63152

Picture's of setup, showing seat clearance, and foot/leg room leftover.
Wish they would have rounded or angled the two outside edges.

I have 1 Sundown SD-4 10'' in a custom .65 cu ft. box that sits in the middle of the back floor. I cutout the floor matt to hold the feet and keep it from sliding around. It worked out pretty good and sounds great paired with a Sundown SFB-600D.

But, I am thinking of getting the Foxbox, 2 Sundown E-10 v.4's and a Sundown SFB-1000D. :ROFLMAO: I might even go with SA-10 D4 Classics and an SFB-1500D. :cool:

Attachments

• Sub Box CO b.JPG
    Sub Box CO b.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Sub Box CO a.JPG
    Sub Box CO a.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Sub Box Finished c.jpg
    Sub Box Finished c.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Amp Board with Amps Installed.jpeg
    Amp Board with Amps Installed.jpeg