5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stolen Rebel in Ontario

GMetal

Reaction score
Here is another damaging the horn wires. They steal the Jeep across the street too. I think moving the horns would help. It would be nice to know the attack points to add or modify the protection.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is another damaging the horn wires. They steal the Jeep across the street too. I think moving the horns would help. It would be nice to know the attack points to add or modify the protection.
Yeah I guess it could scare them off if the horns were still active. I opted for the Ravelco so they can't start it once they get in.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If they weren't interested in making vehicles harder to steal, there wouldnt be a SGW, and they wouldnt have xhanged the BCM so the average owner couldnt program their own key fobs anymore.
I think you misunderstand it.
They are interested in making more money and restricting what you can do with your vehicle.

I can assure you it's 0% to make it harder to steal.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think people focus too much on trying to prevent the first things thieves do from happening.
What is one of the very last things they do before putting the truck in gear and driving off with it?
THAT’S what you need to focus on preventing, and the solution is so easy it’s almost hiding in plain sight.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think people focus too much on trying to prevent the first things thieves do from happening.
What is the very last thing they do before putting the truck in gear and driving off with it?
THAT’S what you need to focus on preventing, and the solution is so easy it’s almost hiding in plain sight.
I understand now.
Disconnect the break lines!!!

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What is the very last thing they do before putting the truck in gear and driving off with it?
Hand thier beer to thier buddy and say "watch this"?

raygun9

Reaction score
Setup a hidden kill switch for the gear selector?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
@RamCares is there anything being done to address the security issue these trucks have with key fob reprogramming/relay attacks? I have read online that Hellcat vehicles are having their key fob module permanently disabled at dealerships. Any input would be appreciated.

Yours truly,
Concerned Ram owner.

Derek916

Reaction score
There was a similar theft story to this in the Toyota Highlander forum I frequent. Also, in Ontario. For his they ripped the door handle off, broke the lock, and hook into the HL in minutes. According to that thread, he paid for Toyota tracking so he was able to recover his vehicle before it made its way to the shipping container. Apparently they leave the car for a few days before loading on the ship to see if the car has any tracking devices that they failed to remove.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
What is one of the very last things they do before putting the truck in gear and driving off with it?
Ok, I’ll bite, what is the solution?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@RamCares is there anything being done to address the security issue these trucks have with key fob reprogramming/relay attacks? I have read online that Hellcat vehicles are having their key fob module permanently disabled at dealerships. Any input would be appreciated.

Yours truly,
Concerned Ram owner.
Hey Rebel_driver,

We appreciate being tagged in this. We're looking into this answer as we speak and as soon as we get a response back, we'll provide an update.

Callie
Ram Cares

GMetal

Reaction score
Shooting them in the driveway?

Users who are viewing this thread