5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stolen Rebel in Ontario

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No way to stop the thefts completely, but I feel like using multiple deterrents to make it so you aren’t the east target is your best bet to keep most thieves looking elsewhere.

I plan to relocate my horn, add some sort of tracking device (AirTag or old cellphone) and a version of what Jimmy07 is suggesting.

The problem won’t stop until the thieves are no longer able to program new fobs, requiring a code that you must call into a tech line for like many radios over the years have required would be a good option.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
having insurance is great but it does not guarantee you can replace the truck with a like truck, because now you only get a e-torque
Insurance is great till they drop you. Just saw on the news that in the Milwaukee area vehicle theft is so bad people have had their vehicle stolen multiple times and were then cancelled by their insurance company plus can’t get coverage by others. 30 stolen vehicles a day is just mind boggling. I cannot imagine continuing to live in an area like that.😲

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Insurance is great till they drop you. Just saw on the news that in the Milwaukee area vehicle theft is so bad people have had their vehicle stolen multiple times and were then cancelled by their insurance company plus can’t get coverage by others. 30 stolen vehicles a day is just mind boggling. I cannot imagine continuing to live in an area like that.😲
Jeeze.
It really is so common down there the city has a section on the website dedicated to it

You can put your truck on a damn watch list and get a sticker allowing you to drive at night

Register Your Vehicle in the Catch Auto Thieves (CAT) Program with the Milwaukee Police Department​

If you do not drive your vehicle between the hours of 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. you may elect to register your vehicle for participation in this program. Once registered, you will be provided with a window sticker identifying your vehicle as a participating vehicle. Any officer observing your vehicle operating on the roadway between the specify hours is then authorized to stop it without further probable cause.

Stuff like this is a start. The law needs to be taking action and I don't know if a sticker will really matter, but it's something to at least try.

I do find it funny or interesting about these 2 facts on the governments website. I know some parts of the country (out west) leave their cars\trucks unlocked with nothing inside to prevent people from smashing the windows to check, I wonder if that's why
1672952475407.png

Dewey

Reaction score
Jeeze.
It really is so common down there the city has a section on the website dedicated to it

You can put your truck on a damn watch list and get a sticker allowing you to drive at night

Register Your Vehicle in the Catch Auto Thieves (CAT) Program with the Milwaukee Police Department​

If you do not drive your vehicle between the hours of 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. you may elect to register your vehicle for participation in this program. Once registered, you will be provided with a window sticker identifying your vehicle as a participating vehicle. Any officer observing your vehicle operating on the roadway between the specify hours is then authorized to stop it without further probable cause.

Stuff like this is a start. The law needs to be taking action and I don't know if a sticker will really matter, but it's something to at least try.

I do find it funny or interesting about these 2 facts on the governments website. I know some parts of the country (out west) leave their cars\trucks unlocked with nothing inside to prevent people from smashing the windows to check, I wonder if that's why
View attachment 147966
Yeah it’s bad. I work on the outskirts in the suburbs but live about 50 miles away from that madness in the farm country. No way I wanna live any closer. Almost 11,000 vehicles stolen in Milwaukee last year. Cannot even comprehend that. Bad thing is Milwaukee isn’t even in the Top 5 in the country.😲

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@Shifts And Grins Fab may be working on something in the near future as far as a bolt on plate to block the horn wires.

I also like the idea of additional horns, train horns especially - that way even if they do clip the oem wires they’ll be in for a loud surprise.

Ravelco for sure. Works and less expensive than the IGLA.

Best thing I’ve read on another thread here but hasn’t been mentioned nearly as much is relocating the OBD port. He even added a dummy port in the oem location.
I recently saw a video of a TRX attempted theft and they had train horns hooked up to the alarm. It was extremely effective. They left as fast as the people who are getting shot at.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where were these 4 trucks stolen from? You mention a house...
4 different houses...in about 3 block radius. The area around Toronto, Ontario has ben getting hammered with this. Trucks are going onto sea containers and overseas....big organized operation.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
4 different houses...in about 3 block radius. The area around Toronto, Ontario has ben getting hammered with this. Trucks are going onto sea containers and overseas....big organized operation.
Where are the police?
No one checking trucks getting loaded into sea shipping containers? How many docks are there???
I didn't realize Canada was filled with crime, makes the US look safe.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Jeeze.

View attachment 147966
Register with the government for times permitted to drive without harassment? I'll take my chances with gangs and drug cartels.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are the police?
No one checking trucks getting loaded into sea shipping containers? How many docks are there???
Criminals here aren’t worried about someone shooting at them when they commit crime against common citizens. Even tho I’m in Canada I won’t hesitate to protect my family and property, shotgun is always ready to go.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While installing my front light bar today I had removed the top radiator cover and noticed how easy it would be to relocate the horns. This is definitely on my to do list.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Hook a large capacitor up to the horn wire. Anyone ever touch a capacitor in a distributor before it was discharged before? Heck, anyone know what a distributor is? Hahaha? Dinosaur!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hook a large capacitor up to the horn wire. Anyone ever touch a capacitor in a distributor before it was discharged before? Heck, anyone know what a distributor is? Hahaha? Dinosaur!
If they are using insulated wire cutters, will just be a spark

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Criminals here aren’t worried about someone shooting at them when they commit crime against common citizens. Even tho I’m in Canada I won’t hesitate to protect my family and property, shotgun is always ready to go.
Shotguns are super messy.
I prefer my .38 +p.

Image going to shoot someone trying to break into your truck with a shotgun, I would be scared to hit the truck...

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are the police?
The police are working it...but when you have lets say 10 crews working alll over the place and maybe you have an auto theft squad of 12 guys for a large 3 million pop city or say 2-4 guys for a city of 250,000...you can only work on one at a time. Frustrating as hell. These trucks are being loaded onto sea containers. Put on trucks and generally in the eastern side of Canada going to Montreal - a very large shipping hub similar to NYC.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shotguns are super messy.
I prefer my .38 +p.

Image going to shoot someone trying to break into your truck with a shotgun, I would be scared to hit the truck...
It’s either that or my moose rifle, which is a .338 win mag. Up here in the north we have single shot rifles on the upcoming list of “banned assault rifles” it’s such a joke.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And Sasc is right...up here the scumbags are not worried at all about the citizens shooting them.....
Nope, but they shoot each other with illegally smuggled guns so let’s ban them all and it’ll fix it right?

I’m a couple of hours from Toronto, and the violence is slowly spreading out of the city. So I decided it’s time to move way north and get away from it all. April needs to hurry up already.

Users who are viewing this thread