5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering Wheel Leather

xspeedy

Reaction score
Do the people experiencing the issue have very clammy hands? My hands are always super dry. I know the BMW E9X 3er had issues with soft touch coating on the inside door handles peeling, and it was due to lotion use.

derp

Reaction score
Thats not full grain leather, its bonded some of the cheapest you can get. I am about to lease a 2020 Laramie at my local dealership. Im going to trade in my 2015 Wrangler Unlimited with 69,500 miles. The leather seats and steering wheel in that are still in phenomenal shape. I'm a bit worried seeing this
Be worried. Today i would STRONGLY caution against taking a reliable asset and turning it into a questionable debt.

derp

Reaction score
I think next time im going to buy something with 25k on the clock and let someone else deal with the birth defects. Ill end up paying a lot less for the privilege of dealing with the problems.

My last 3 new cars before this were toyota. The only dealership time they saw was the comp 100k of maintenence and takata airbag recall.

Before that i have had 7 xj cherokee with no defects. FCA really crapped the bed on my brand advocacy this time. My dollars go anywhere else next time. Even secondhand keeps the money away from FCA.

nlicalsi91

Reaction score
I think next time im going to buy something with 25k on the clock and let someone else deal with the birth defects. Ill end up paying a lot less for the privilege of dealing with the problems.

My last 3 new cars before this were toyota. The only dealership time they saw was the comp 100k of maintenence and takata airbag recall.

Before that i have had 7 xj cherokee with no defects. FCA really crapped the bed on my brand advocacy this time. My dollars go anywhere else next time. Even secondhand keeps the money away from FCA.
I still have my 2005 land cruiser, only has 80,000 miles on it. I’ll keep that at least another 5 years. It’s a shame that all auto makers today are pushing quality over reliability

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
Mine is also showing bad wear signs at 12000 miles and just under a year of ownership. Has anyone found a good deal on a limited steering wheel?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine is also showing bad wear signs at 12000 miles and just under a year of ownership. Has anyone found a good deal on a limited steering wheel?
Not normal. I would have the dealer fix/replace under warranty.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I work in heavy industrial, get hands dirty alot and wash them 15-20 times a day and wanted to keep my steering wheel clean and protected, so I added this file:///C:/Users/krich/Desktop/Amazon.com_%20MGPRO%201pc%20Universal%2015_%20Perforated%20Custom%20Steering%20Wheel%20Cover%20Black%20And%20Grey%20Sport%20Comfortable%20Grip%20Soft%20Leather_%20Automotive.html

Heated it up to about 130 F and stretched prior to installing and it went on pretty well. No issues since and I like the feel and look.

Attachments

• 71LFjkZVtrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71LFjkZVtrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 95

cvdw1964

Reaction score
I've had a defect develop at top center... wrinkles. Dealer just got my replacement in the other day... hope this isn't a trend.
I have the same issue with the top of my steering wheel it came that way n I just haven't gotten on ram for it yet only have 2,800 miles on it still having Android Auto issues

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, bigdaddymac. If you do work with your dealer for this concern, please know that our team is just a DM away and we are happy to provide you with additional support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, bigdaddymac. If you do work with your dealer for this concern, please know that our team is just a DM away and we are happy to provide you with additional support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Thank you Mark. My dealer has been great so fingers crossed it stays that way and they get it fixed. If not I’ll be reaching out.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you Mark. My dealer has been great so fingers crossed it stays that way and they get it fixed. If not I’ll be reaching out.

Hi bigdaddymac,

I am very glad to hear that you are in good hands with your dealer. We are always just a PM away and happy to help if needed.

Mark
RamCares

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I spoke too soon... my replacement steering wheel has delamination at top center after 5 months. This was a replacement wheel for the original that had wrinkles at top center.... I miss the wrinkles now.

Seems luck was not on my side this time. Hopefully my third wheel will be free from disappointment/delamination and wrinkles.

Venom

Reaction score
Mine is looking cut and wrinkled like.. I’ll take a pic of it tomorrow it’s in the 3-4 o’clock position and now the tune/seek buttons on the back left of the steering wheel work randomly

Users who are viewing this thread