5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!

RVTRKN

Reaction score
If a permit is required, you can bet the inspector will look real hard at your service. I had an inspector cost me a lot of money, I installed an AC in a home using an existing 30 amp breaker not being used, he made me upgrade the service regardless of the fact it was an abandoned CB. System required 30 amp 250 volt, the breaker was 30A/250vac.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
There I fixed it. I’ll let google know. 😆

If you purchase a new Tesla vehicle, it won't come with the bundled level 1 charger. You can buy one, but it's probably better to spend that money on a vehicle with an internal combustion engine. Tesla's high-capacity lithium-ion batteries are expensive as hell to change and can’t be extinguished if a fire starts.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you actually read what he posted, it says nothing about installation.
And it's about the level 1 charger.
"Tesla USED to include either a NEMA 14-50 connector (level 2) or a dual voltage (120 V) connector (level 1) work on all its vehicles."

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn’t even think about how water would affect them. We have street flooding quite often. Maybe it’s not salt water, but still not a good idea to drive in it with a high voltage car.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t even think about how water would affect them. We have street flooding quite often. Maybe it’s not salt water, but still not a good idea to drive in it with a high voltage car.
There are videos of a Rivian driving out I to the water with a boat trailer. Like up past the wheels deep.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
For those truly afraid of the fire risk, Google any battery device in your home along with the words “caused house fire” and then circle back to this conversation.

irishwake63

Reaction score
more importantly is how far can you pull a travel trailer with an EV truck? Or how much are you going to pay for replacement batteries when these fizzle out after a few years or how much actual petroleum actually is needed to mine the cobalt, process the cobalt and where is the power coming from to charge EVs. Commiefornia is asking people to not charge their EVs as its straining the grid. Great idea but the world is not ready for 100 percent EV Hybrid maybe but not EV

Users who are viewing this thread