5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock Crawler’s 2/4 Drop Saga

Clv22p

Reaction score
So I asked if they were going to produce spindles for the 22” hubs and their response was:

“As of right now I cannot confirm until we start showing more data on customer interest unfortunately”

So, I’m going to take that as a no, unless there becomes a large demand for them. Especially when they can just suggest that you go spend an additional $400 on 20” hubs.
AKA it depends on how angry customers and how many returns are made. I looked at their website earlier and still no mention on the hub difference.

I did notice they have some rear compotes now too. No complete kit yet though.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AKA it depends on how angry customers and how many returns are made. I looked at their website earlier and still no mention on the hub difference.

I did notice they have some rear compotes now too. No complete kit yet though.
True. I’m surprised they have not mentioned the hub issue on their site.

gearhead321

Reaction score
Factory Part # for 20" hub/bearing is 68303538AG and list for $288.00 each. The MOOG part number is 515180 but cant seem to find anywhere to purchase them. Either part number should be able to be cross referenced to another brand. Hope this helps anyone with 22" wheels.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I truly believe that the hole could be bored out. If a machine shop could do it for less than the cost of new hubs, it probably be worth it. It is really close. Hardly anything would have to be bored. But, as I stated before, there would no longer be a warranty due to the modification. Not sure if it really matters or not because most warranties are not worth much anyway. I just have a hard time gambling with $600.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Factory Part # for 20" hub/bearing is 68303538AG and list for $288.00 each. The MOOG part number is 515180 but cant seem to find anywhere to purchase them. Either part number should be able to be cross referenced to another brand. Hope this helps anyone with 22" wheels.

Moog 515180 is $237.89 on RockAuto

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’d much rather use the spindles, but not for $1,000+.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BellTech sent me the RMA, so I’m giving up on the spindles. I went ahead and ordered the MaxTrac front struts and UCA’s. My truck is stuck on the lift until I can get this done and the AC quit working on the Jeep. So, I’m sweating my *** off driving back and forth to work. I gotta get this done ASAP. Oh, and if anyone decides to do the cut brackets on the rear axle, I highly recommend removing the axle completely. It’s pretty difficult doing it on the truck.

Last edited:

gearhead321

Reaction score
I have the IHC rear relocate kit and was running their kit up front. I now run the belltech 16005 fully adjustable front coilovers with the IHC upper control arms to get my alignment specs dead on.

gearhead321

Reaction score
The factory hubs are only 169.79 on rockauto. I always forget about that website...

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the IHC rear relocate kit and was running their kit up front. I now run the belltech 16005 fully adjustable front coilovers with the IHC upper control arms to get my alignment specs dead on.

Questions:

1. Is the ride different/better with the BellTech fully adjustable coilover? I’d hope so for that price.

2. Did you tack weld the relocation brackets? I’ve heard you might have to check bolts occasionally and that tack welding eliminates any movement.

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
my maxtrac uca should be here friday, i didnt realize the ones on truck now are a hard plastic? what the alabama cousin humping cheap *** crap is that?

gearhead321

Reaction score
Questions:

1. Is the ride different/better with the BellTech fully adjustable coilover? I’d hope so for that price.

2. Did you tack weld the relocation brackets? I’ve heard you might have to check bolts occasionally and that tack welding eliminates any movement.
1. The ride is very smooth now that I adjusted the compression and rebound on the struts.
2. I have not tack welded anything. I have checked the bolts a few times in approximately 3000 miles. No movement.
I have had noise from the rear sway bar end links a few times. Those are going to be replaced with links that have grease fittings. The IHC rear shocks have started to squeak as well. I ordered QA1 TD903 shocks to make it fully adjustable at all 4 corners.

Users who are viewing this thread