5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock Crawler’s 2/4 Drop Saga

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found these on their website today. Finally.

E6625A67-28AC-4E0C-A4B3-8D98A9D6FBC3.jpeg

My thoughts:

Front - Beltech 2” drop spindles
Shock recommendations?
Could do Beltech coilovers, but dang $$$$$
Or, with the drop spindles, can I just use the stock springs and shocks?

Rear - 4” drop Timber Grove Air bags
On-board Air / Self leveling kit
Spohn Panhard Bar
Shock recommendations?
Parts required to correct pinion angle?

Thoughts or ideas? What other parts would I need?

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spoke with Steven at Timber Grove for a bit today and he stated that I might also need to get some control arm brackets from IHC to help center the axle, due to the drop. I see they have it for a 5” drop, but I’m not sure if they have anything for a 4” drop I’ll have to contact them regarding this to see what they say.

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
so the spindles? i just put on the max trac 2/4, would this be a better spindle to use over the factory? combine this with the lowered struts and the control arm?

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
also looks like they have struts as well? wonder when they are going to get a whole front and rear kit together? i had a 3/4 kit on my 04 silverado back when i had it i liked the look and ride.

Attachments

• 470E80F7-108B-4896-BC5B-58DDF7786518.jpeg
    470E80F7-108B-4896-BC5B-58DDF7786518.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 55

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so the spindles? i just put on the max trac 2/4, would this be a better spindle to use over the factory? combine this with the lowered struts and the control arm?
My understanding is that you change the spindles and leave all the other stuff stock. Although, it would most likely be best to use the same shocks all the way around. The spindle just changes where the center of the wheel is. I believe it is the best way to lower full size trucks without effecting ride quality. This is what I’ve read.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
also looks like they have struts as well? wonder when they are going to get a whole front and rear kit together? i had a 3/4 kit on my 04 silverado back when i had it i liked the look and ride.

They have fully adjustable lowering coil overs.

And for the axle you could probably still use a spohn bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clv22p

Reaction score
Belltech is slowing releasing products. Still curious to see what they do in the rear.

I guess you could go pretty low in the front pairing the spindles with their coilovers.

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A little nervous about it, but I placed my order for the 2” BellTech drop spindles, Timber Grove 4” drop bags and Spohn Panhard bar. They are currently out of stock on the on-board air kits, so I have to wait. Still trying to decide on the shocks. I know I can use stock length up front, but I think I have to get shorter ones for the rear. Is this correct? Any recommendations? Oh, and I was going to order the IHC axle brackets, but HOLY HELL!!! $400 for two brackets? That’s insane pricing. That’s a third of the price of their entire 3/5 lowering kit.

Last edited:

Clv22p

Reaction score
A little nervous about it, but I placed my order for the 2” BellTech drop spindles, Timber Grove 4” drop bags and Spohn Panhard bar. They are currently out of stock on the on-board air kits, so I have to wait. Still trying to decide on the shocks. I know I can use stock length up front, but I think I have to get shorter ones for the rear. Is this correct? Any recommendations? Oh, and I was going to order the IHC axle brackets, but HOLY HELL!!! $400 for two brackets? That’s insane pricing. That’s a third of the price of their entire 3/5 lowering kit.
Rear Bilstein 5100 shocks from a early 90s ford ranger. P/N 24-185684, ASIN # B004WO9JK2
www.summitracing.com

Bilstein 24-185684 Bilstein B8 5100 Series Shocks | Summit Racing

Free Shipping - Bilstein B8 5100 Series Shocks with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Shocks and Struts at Summit Racing.
www.summitracing.com
www.summitracing.com

With the spohn panhard you do not use the maxtrac relocation bracket, nor do you use the sway bar spacers in the kit. For the 5100 shocks you swap the maxtrac shock sleeves into them.

This is from @ferraiolo1 thread. These are the shocks I plan to run. My Maxtrac lowering installation

I don’t know about the maxtrac sleeves though. To my knowledge there aren’t a lot of shorter shocks for these trucks.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rear Bilstein 5100 shocks from a early 90s ford ranger. P/N 24-185684, ASIN # B004WO9JK2
www.summitracing.com

Bilstein 24-185684 Bilstein B8 5100 Series Shocks | Summit Racing

Free Shipping - Bilstein B8 5100 Series Shocks with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Shocks and Struts at Summit Racing.
www.summitracing.com
www.summitracing.com

With the spohn panhard you do not use the maxtrac relocation bracket, nor do you use the sway bar spacers in the kit. For the 5100 shocks you swap the maxtrac shock sleeves into them.

This is from @ferraiolo1 thread. These are the shocks I plan to run. My Maxtrac lowering installation

I don’t know about the maxtrac sleeves though. To my knowledge there aren’t a lot of shorter shocks for these trucks.
I’m not using a lowering kit. I’m just swapping out the springs for the air bags and putting on the Panhard bar. Do I have to have any other parts?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
No, I have them and they feel MUCH better than the stock shocks. You just have to swap the pushing over. It’s all detailed in my maxtrac thread.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, I have them and they feel MUCH better than the stock shocks. You just have to swap the pushing over. It’s all detailed in my maxtrac thread.

Thanks. I guess to make everything even, I should get the matching shocks for the front.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
They are for an old ranger with a 6in lift. Trust the process of the people who already did the research.

Users who are viewing this thread