5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel TRX has been confirmed by FCA as part of their 5 year plan!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting, the new Charger/Challenger updates came out today, but neither of them are getting the 7.0L rumored to be in the works for the Ram Rebel TR.
I wonder if that will change in future updates.

The 7.0l is coming for the Challenger/Charger for the 2020 model year I've been told.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
The 7.0l is coming for the Challenger/Charger for the 2020 model year I've been told.
Very good news. That will keep Dodge in the spotlight.
If they ever put a puffer on that thing, look out . . . a 1,000 horsepower production vehicle may not be as absurdly unthinkable as it once was.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Yeah my guess is the use the 7.0L to bring back the base SRT trim.

As we saw yesterday For 2019 the performance trims are scat pack, hellcat SRT, and hellcat redeye SRT

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Hemi will be for the 50th anniversary of the challenger.

Remeber April 26th is a Mopar holiday, so don't mistake that for hints.

1970 is the first year of the e body so that means 2020

And on a side note...this is the 50th anniversary for the Roadrunner and Superbee and the 340 engine.

Good times to be a Mopar fan.

Chrysler @ Carlisle is only 13 days away. CAN'T WAIT

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you to Brett Ruddish of the Facebook Ram Rebel TRX group (https://m.facebook.com/groups/1812830642341407) for this find:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/12/mid-engine-corvette-will-not-debut-at-2019-detroit-auto-show/

“The 2020 Ram HD and Ram TRX are also rumored to debut.”
I’m skeptical. Anyone else have any idea where they might have gotten such an idea?

(not sure which thread is best for this update)

2019 HD will debut in Detroit, TRX no way. They want the focus to be on the HDs and the TRX is ~2 years from being on sale so they won't show it this early.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
2019 HD will debut in Detroit, TRX no way. They want the focus to be on the HDs and the TRX is ~2 years from being on sale so they won't show it this early.
Yeah, that seems to be the conventional wisdom. No idea where they got that rumor.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Mike Manley, CEO of FCA remarked about the success of the DS/DT Ram truck strategy in today’s Town Hall, “very quickly followed by the T-Rex.”
He also made a joke asking about how much horsepower it had, which was not answered.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Mike Manley, CEO of FCA remarked about the success of the DS/DT Ram truck strategy in today’s Town Hall, “very quickly followed by the T-Rex.”
He also made a joke asking about how much horsepower it had, which was not answered.

How quick is very quick? Anything other than the following year would not be "very quick" IMO. So early 2020 release as a 2021 or will we see this before the end of 2019?

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
How quick is very quick? Anything other than the following year would not be "very quick" IMO. So early 2020 release as a 2021 or will we see this before the end of 2019?
That was all that was said about it.
My guess is, we’ll get an announcement this year about a release next year.

ichime

Reaction score
Hopefully they debut the production TRX soon because right now (and I never would have expected this in a million years) the new "IT" vehicle is the Ford Raptor. You see it on TV shows, movies, music/YouTube vehicles etc. I'd go as far as to say that it has supplanted the Escalade and the G-Wagon as a status symbol for the last few years. Hell, Tom Brady has a customized one as his daily driver and he's the spokesperson for Aston Martin.

If Ram realizes this and feel a sense of urgency about letting Ford having free reign in this market, I won't be surprised if they move up the debut and production schedule of the TRX earlier than they originally planned...

Creep0321

Reaction score
Hopefully they debut the production TRX soon because right now (and I never would have expected this in a million years) the new "IT" vehicle is the Ford Raptor. You see it on TV shows, movies, music/YouTube vehicles etc. I'd go as far as to say that it has supplanted the Escalade and the G-Wagon as a status symbol for the last few years. Hell, Tom Brady has a customized one as his daily driver and he's the spokesperson for Aston Martin.

If Ram realizes this and feel a sense of urgency about letting Ford having free reign in this market, I won't be surprised if they move up the debut and production schedule of the TRX earlier than they originally planned...
“Northern Rescue” on Netflix has a 2019 Rebel as the main vehicle.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score

They regret not putting it out five years ago when the Hellcat engines debuted, but, who knew?
FCA is well aware of not only how many sales they lost in terms of TRX models, but also the lower trims that such a halo draws people in to purchase. While I do wish it were out sooner, I’m glad they’re taking the time to get it right.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
Unfortunately they're taking their sweet time. I wish they would hurry up as I'd like to get out of my Raptor. Perhaps the plan is to surrender the current period of sales to Ford and go head to head with them when they reveal and produce the Gen III Raptor?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not all that excited about the Hellcat Ram. Never had an interest in the Raptor or SRT 10. I had my one and only "performance" truck. A 1999 Lightning. At the time it was fast compared to all vehicles being sold then. It was faster than the Corvette I owned at the time. Now there'll be plenty of faster vehicles than the Hellcat Ram

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I'm not all that excited about the Hellcat Ram. Never had an interest in the Raptor or SRT 10. I had my one and only "performance" truck. A 1999 Lightning. At the time it was fast compared to all vehicles being sold then. It was faster than the Corvette I owned at the time. Now there'll be plenty of faster vehicles than the Hellcat Ram
If all you’re going to do is ride around on public roads, then an off road vehicle is not for you. This was never meant to be a vehicle for the drag strip or stop lights.

Users who are viewing this thread