5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel TRX has been confirmed by FCA as part of their 5 year plan!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
FCA is rolling out their 5 year plan today and as part of the RAM slides the TRX is listed as due by 2022. 5thGenRams has been reporting on the upcoming TRX since January as well as breaking the news of the upcoming naturally aspirated 7.0L Hemi powered Rebel TR. The upcoming Ram Heavy Duties are also listed as being due by 2022 and 5thGenRams expects the TRX and new HDs to debut at the North American International Autoshow in Detroit next January.

Check back with us often as we will be breaking more news on the upcoming TRX and Heavy duty trucks as it becomes available. Make sure you check out our completely redesigned Forums section as well.

Ram Rebel TRX confirmed (FCA photo)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I seen another news article that shows a mid size 1/4 ton truck on the Ram release.

It obviously is photoshoped as the colors don't match up.
Unless Ram released another one...lol

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I seen another news article that shows a mid size 1/4 ton truck on the Ram release.

It obviously is photoshoped as the colors don't match up.
Unless Ram released another one...lol
Well, I just seen this photo in @redriderbob new article also.
That and the TRX and durango news ought to send the truck buying public into a frenzy.

You will see the brand loyalty numbers taking a shift soon.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question, but what is C/D Ratio? All the info on the moparinsiders article is interesting to sift through.
Ram12.jpg

ichime

Reaction score
Conquest to Defection ratio (I've seen this term before in business). Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it refers to how many sales a product takes from its competitors (conquests) versus how many sales a competitor takes from the product in question (defection).

Anything over 1.0 is considered good/competitive.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
This isn't "news" to 5thgenrams.com readers, but it is confirmation of what has been long rumored. It was somewhat obvious given the financial success of the Raptor. But, it is nice to be able to post this on all those forums claiming Ram wasn't going to build it. They can all suck a bucket full of Canadian Geese feet for being the doubters they were. Schmucks.
:p

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@alacombe you really gonna give up that truck so soon after your grueling wait for it. And I imagine the wait for the TRX will be even more grueling.

Hope plenty of people buy them so I can have alot to choose from on the used market someday soon.

FCA is giving me too many choices.

Can't wait for more news on the Rebel subbrand.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@alacombe you really gonna give up that truck so soon after your grueling wait for it. And I imagine the wait for the TRX will be even more grueling.

Hope plenty of people buy them so I can have alot to choose from on the used market someday soon.

FCA is giving me too many choices.

Can't wait for more news on the Rebel subbrand.

Its a good possibility I might due to the low cost I got the 19 for I think I can make some money off it but I will never pre-order or order and wait for one. I will just wait till they hit the lots.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome @Jared B. I will be waiting for more info on the Rebel Powerwagon and drooling over your order waiting for pics, and probably contemplating a Rebel TR purchase all while still shifting gears in my old 99 wishing Ram would put a 6 Speed manual in the TR or any HD.

I would like to say I would be doing my ordering with @BobbiBigWheels, but he is a little far away, but the family loves road trips lol

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Will and should the TRX make an appearance at the Detroit 2019 Auto Show next January now that FCA has gone public with the production plans?

I say, yes, it should.

The heavy duty market is a small percentage of truck sales and the TRX brings attention to and excitement for the Ram brand. It may cannibalize some Rebel sales, but the TR/TRX are likely to be so expensive that their sales will be relatively low volume, high margin.

They will sell well once realeased but the majority of truck buyers will not buy one due to the above average cost. So those people won’t be waiting for a TR/TRX because they can’t afford it when it does arrive, but it may compel them to give the 2019/2020 Rebel more consideration than they would have given it if not drawn to the allure of the TR/TRX.

Also, is there a TR?
There was no mention of one in the five year plan. Perhaps it is just the TRX without the Hellcat option?
My hope is that come January, we will know.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, very interesting conversations have popped up about the 7.0l and the TR.

Like I have said before, don't want to wish away time, but can not wait for January.

And the Rebel Subbrand talk has kinda fell low.

Was guessing it was gonna be like SRT for dodge, but not real sure what we are going to see come from Ram as it looks to dominate the truck world.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Will and should the TRX make an appearance at the Detroit 2019 Auto Show next January now that FCA has gone public with the production plans?

I say, yes, it should.

The heavy duty market is a small percentage of truck sales and the TRX brings attention to and excitement for the Ram brand. It may cannibalize some Rebel sales, but the TR/TRX are likely to be so expensive that their sales will be relatively low volume, high margin.

They will sell well once realeased but the majority of truck buyers will not buy one due to the above average cost. So those people won’t be waiting for a TR/TRX because they can’t afford it when it does arrive, but it may compel them to give the 2019/2020 Rebel more consideration than they would have given it if not drawn to the allure of the TR/TRX.

Also, is there a TR?
There was no mention of one in the five year plan. Perhaps it is just the TRX without the Hellcat option?
My hope is that come January, we will know.

Mostly agree, but disagree with the HD being a small % of truck sales. For Ram in particular, based on some the larger recall information, I guesstimated that HD was 30-40% of FCAs posted sales. That's quite a lot and it's a pretty important market.. Of course i'm sure someone has better data than that. Ford on the other hand was lower at 20-30% by my guess.

Maybe its just me being biased to the Ram HD, as the HD with cummins put dodge on the map in the 90s and continuous to allow the aging HD to be competitive and beat out brand new offerings from competition.

Users who are viewing this thread