5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel TRX has been confirmed by FCA as part of their 5 year plan!

Vegas_Sirk

Reaction score
Yeah but the raptor is comparable to the TR not the TRX. The TRZ engine is crazy nuts

Yea it will be interesting to see if all things are the same on both the TR and TRX except for the motors. Would make sense that the TRX would be $70K plus as Hellcat Chargers start at $69,340. I think I was just hoping the TR would be less than the Raptor

Loaded Raptors can get over $100,000!

Thats only with insane dealer markups. Max price I could get one up to is $74,000 on Fords site

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 12.38.16 PM.png

You can get a Raptor now for $1-2K under MSRP as the hype has died off.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Damn so high side of Raptor pricing. Loaded Raptors are around $70-75K
Pricing specifics are a long way off. All anyone can do now is guess and speculate. We don’t even know what the TRX production configuration is yet, so to hazzard a guess is premature - and we know even less about the TR (FCA has not officially announced that there will even be one, only the TRX was announced).
We don’t know the production configuration of the TRX.
We don’t know how similar to the TRX a TR will be, nor how different.

So speculations on prices with that many unknowns could lead to disappointment.

Not that such mundane things like truth and reality will stop me from speculating.
:p

My guess is this:
The existing Rebel already beats the Raptor on price.
The Rebel TR will be price and performance competitive with the Raptor.
The TRX will eviscerate the Raptor (and your retirement nest egg).

We have Rebel pricing (not much below the Raptor as it is). Expect the TR to go head to head with the Raptor (within a few thousand). Rumors in circulation hint toward a TRX priced near Demon/Trackhawk levels.
That may sound outrageously high for a pickup, but look at what the high end loaded trim trucks are going for now. Trucks have gotten very expensive on the high end lately. There are multiple configurations that will take you well over $70,000.

Do not expect the TRX to be within reach of many. It will be the high profile flagship product that completely dominates the entire truck market. It will not be had for cheap.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I will add to this my opinion that the TRX will be a "sticker" truck. That is a truck that sells for at or above MSRP sticker price. Don't expect $10-12K off MSRP at introduction or ever.
Agreed.
This thing has such a high profile, people have been clamoring for Ram to build it, the anticipation is so hyped up that demand will be sky high.

I once read that a Dodge dealership had a customer pay somewhere near $80,000 (via auction) for the *right* to pay an *additional* $85,000+ to purchase one of the 3,000 Demons sold in the United States. I saw an article yesterday citing world wealth values stating that there are 5.7 million millionaires in the U.S. (where a millionaire, or High Net Worth Individual, was determined to be someone with at least a million dollars in investable, liquid assets - independent of real estate, collectibles, etc.). I forgot how many Trillion dollars that amounted to.

FCA can name their price on this thing. The only question there is, how many can they build to satisfy the demand?
That will greatly affect how much one has to spend to get one. If they start auctioning them off, the true cost will go even higher than sticker.

unxpctd

Reaction score
I would agree with whats been said:

TR: 525hp going for the 70-75K range decked out.
TRX: 707hp going for 85K minimum, up to 95-100K or so.

Just speculation...but as they're getting 85-95K for the Trackhawk...I can see the TRX going for at least that much.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Thats the price of a small house:LOL::LOL:. I have seen Limiteds priced for $86000 up here in Canada. The house I live in my father built for $10K fifty years ago:D
Back during the housing crash, my house in Warren, Mi (the #2 hardest hit real estate market in the country) was estimated to be worth roughly $70,000.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I would agree with whats been said:

TR: 525hp going for the 70-75K range decked out.
TRX: 707hp going for 85K minimum, up to 95-100K or so.

Just speculation...but as they're getting 85-95K for the Trackhawk...I can see the TRX going for at least that much.
And the price for Trackhawks is going up, not down. They initially started at $85,900, but are now going for $86,200 if I recall. I was curious to see if their sales were more or less than anticipated and whether that was driving prices up or down (as I was similarly interested in whether the advent of the Trackhawk would bring down prices of the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT - just the opposite, the SRT base price also went up).
The Demon was a hit and they could likely have sold more of them even without the 3,300 unit exclusivity factor. The Trackhawks seem to be selling well enough to justify a price increase, so, the TRX is poised to break a lot of records - for both mechanical and financial performance.

Imagine where they would be if they had thought to build them sooner . . .

unxpctd

Reaction score
There's a Trackhawk at the local dealer I got my 2017 Rebel from. I figured it would have sold in 3-4 weeks. Its been there for 2 months. 88,500 or so. They'll sell it...but its a niche vehicle to say the least. If I wasn't 6'6 and 280lbs I may have considered it...would have pushed the budget to the limit but it would be an amazing vehicle. My only other problem is that I LOVE the full sized cab., extra room and storage/hauling of a pickup. If the TR/7.0L 525hp Hemi is in the 70ish range that will probably be my next purchase...if it fits in the garage :)

Vegas_Sirk

Reaction score
I will add to this my opinion that the TRX will be a "sticker" truck. That is a truck that sells for at or above MSRP sticker price. Don't expect $10-12K off MSRP at introduction or ever.

I agree this will be a MSRP or Markup truck at first, just like the Raptor was. Most SRT Vehicles are not eligible for incentives so I see this carrying over.

What will be interesting is to see if the Economy holds till this thing is released. With the trade war heating up there is a very real chance at a recession and gas prices being very high in the next 12- 24 months. This could sway people away from trucks. Also, interest rates are already on the upswing so no more cheap financing.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I agree this will be a MSRP or Markup truck at first, just like the Raptor was. Most SRT Vehicles are not eligible for incentives so I see this carrying over.

What will be interesting is to see if the Economy holds till this thing is released. With the trade war heating up there is a very real chance at a recession and gas prices being very high in the next 12- 24 months. This could sway people away from trucks. Also, interest rates are already on the upswing so no more cheap financing.
A recession is highly unlikely. LinkedIn just posted an article about “ghosting”, a new trend where job seekers and even employees have so many offers to consider that they don’t have time (or don’t take the time) to refuse them all and just ignore other potential (or current/previous) employers. U.S. unemployment is somewhere in the 3.6% range, the lowest since the late 1990s. In FCA’s five year plan, the Ram outlook quoted projected fuel prices below $3.50 a gallon through 2030. My personal investments are up just under 13% this year, which is not far from the broader market (S&P 500), and we’re still in June (an average year for the S&P 500 is 11.1%, going back over 100 years when extrapolating the formula that far).
I saw one article complaining about 500 jobs lost at a nail factory in Missouri, but the same article stated the tariffs produced 4,700 jobs in the American steel and aluminum industries (by comparison, the 500 nail factory jobs lost were $31,000 a year average, where the 4,700 steel/aluminum jobs created averaged $60,000 a year average).
The trend is strongly positive and continuing in that direction. The Federal Reserve is increasing rates to try to stabilize inflation. Wages are sure to follow as companies now must compete harder for staff acquisitions.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/markets/the-first-layoffs-from-trump’s-tariffs-are-here

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/people-ghosting-work-its-driving-companies-crazy-chip-cutter/

Vegas_Sirk

Reaction score
A recession is highly unlikely. LinkedIn just posted an article about “ghosting”, a new trend where job seekers and even employees have so many offers to consider that they don’t have time (or don’t take the time) to refuse them all and just ignore other potential (or current/previous) employers. U.S. unemployment is somewhere in the 3.6% range, the lowest since the late 1990s. In FCA’s five year plan, the Ram outlook quoted projected fuel prices below $3.50 a gallon through 2030. My personal investments are up just under 13% this year, which is not far from the broader market (S&P 500), and we’re still in June (an average year for the S&P 500 is 11.1%, going back over 100 years when extrapolating the formula that far).
I saw one article complaining about 500 jobs lost at a nail factory in Missouri, but the same article stated the tariffs produced 4,700 jobs in the American steel and aluminum industries (by comparison, the 500 nail factory jobs lost were $31,000 a year average, where the 4,700 steel/aluminum jobs created averaged $60,000 a year average).
The trend is strongly positive and continuing in that direction. The Federal Reserve is increasing rates to try to stabilize inflation. Wages are sure to follow as companies now must compete harder for staff acquisitions.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/markets/the-first-layoffs-from-trump’s-tariffs-are-here

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/people-ghosting-work-its-driving-companies-crazy-chip-cutter/

I know the economy is solid right now and VERY strong. But I don't see it lasting personally.

Interest rates rising will put a squeeze on financing and especially small business (more expensive to finance inventories, and investments). Housing prices are unsustainable as wage growth isn't matching the growth in employment and people are back at it again taking 2nd Mortgages out to pay off credit cards, and buy toys (boats, cars, RVs, classic cars etc). Oil prices are at $70 a barrel today, because of the situation with Iran. The EU is teaming up with China to push back on trade against the U.S.. I can keep going but this is a car forum so I don't want to get into too much.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I know the economy is solid right now and VERY strong. But I don't see it lasting personally.

Interest rates rising will put a squeeze on financing and especially small business (more expensive to finance inventories, and investments). Housing prices are unsustainable as wage growth isn't matching the growth in employment and people are back at it again taking 2nd Mortgages out to pay off credit cards, and buy toys (boats, cars, RVs, classic cars etc). Oil prices are at $70 a barrel today, because of the situation with Iran. The EU is teaming up with China to push back on trade against the U.S.. I can keep going but this is a car forum so I don't want to get into too much.
The interest rate rise has a long way to go before it offsets the tax savings. Wages are already rising as economic growth has led to companies competing for labor (see LinkedIn article), and the cars people buy include things like the coming TRX. Pipelines make Iran less relevant and the trade war will likely rebalance the trade deficit to a more mutually equitable arrangement as opposed to the current deficit (foreign states have no cause for complaint as they enjoy export surplus).
The current economy is not speculation, but hard data and the trend is strongly positive. We’ll cross the recession bridge when we come to it. That could be a good twelve years away or more (see the 1980s for an example of eight consecutive years of positive GDP growth, spurred on by similar, though more aggressive tax cuts).
Economic expansion leads to disposable income, which leads to high value purchases (think TRX), which further increases economic expansion.

The average person walking down the street in Dubai is a millionaire. Aggressive economic growth is not only possible, it is recent history. Some of the head winds have been removed or reduced. There is more growth to come.

FCA is going to sell a crap load of trucks in the coming years. June sales figures will be here soon. There may be a hit (to Ram) due to production capacity limitations, but once SHAP is up to full speed, we’re off to the races.
(a second mortgage is not necessarily an indication of bad debt - at times of rapid housing recovery and fresh equity, better loan terms free up capital)

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Interesting, the new Charger/Challenger updates came out today, but neither of them are getting the 7.0L rumored to be in the works for the Ram Rebel TR.
I wonder if that will change in future updates.

Users who are viewing this thread