5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I listened to some sound clips. The G/T exhaust does sound very nice.

I'm wondering this also, can the resonators really be that much different? Typically resos are nothing more than glass-packs. How much different can they really be?? Why wouldn't a G/T muffler swap only be fine?
IIRC, If you look inside the openings of the GT resonators and the stock resonators, the GTs look more open. There is a post on here somewhere that someone showed pics of the two for comparison.

KMach

Reaction score
Yup, I looked inside mine. Stock has way more parts inside than the G/T. I’ve got about 6500 miles on my exhaust now, lots of towing too. I love it. There’s times I still grin ear to ear when I leave somewhere. It definetly got much louder than I expected but I love how it is mostly refined at idle and being easy. I find myself in city traffic using tow haul or range select more just to get that defuel cackle as I decel. Get compliments all the time. The most recent was from an old timer that thought it sounded just like an old 440 coming by. The last one I got was someone saying it sounded like a 5.0 mustang slowing down, not sure if that was an insult haha.

It personally reminds me a lot of our older Hemi Charger Pursuits when just luggin around town or moderate acceleration.

Last edited:

Dewey

Reaction score
Mine has gotten louder with 4500 miles on especially at cold start. The interior is so quiet it’s kinda hard to tell how loud it really is at full throttle but it is no doubt louder.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it pretty easy & self explanatory to install? Just a quick bolt off, bolt on?

Dewey

Reaction score
Is it pretty easy & self explanatory to install? Just a quick bolt off, bolt on?
Easy as can be. It looks exactly identical to the stock exhaust so all the hangers are still used.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Easy as can be. It looks exactly identical to the stock exhaust so all the hangers are still used.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Been wanting to get this but will likely get new wheels & tires first real soon since they’re wearing pretty quick & get the exhaust in spring.

Dewey

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Been wanting to get this but will likely get new wheels & tires first real soon since they’re wearing pretty quick & get the exhaust in spring.
I would also highly recommend one of these. Will make the job so much easier.
34960ADF-E1B9-4326-B4DC-EBFDB8286284.jpeg

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I checked with some online retailers for the GT exhaust parts (68517364AA, 68517365AA). They either won't ship it or charge big $$$ to ship - like half the cost of the two parts.

Has anyone found a place recently with reasonable shipping?

I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer but not optimistic they will do much on the price. I may try a cut and clamp muffler first...

Reaction score
Yup. I got my GT exhaust freight shipped to me on a truck right to my garage for just over a grand. Not too many if any aftermarket cat back systems were anywhere near that low.
Where did you order from? I want to order one.

Dewey

Reaction score
Where did you order from? I want to order one.
Accessory Parts. They’re a vendor on the forums. Send them a message and they’ll quote you a price. A link is at the bottom of the forums page.

Dewey

Reaction score
I checked with some online retailers for the GT exhaust parts (68517364AA, 68517365AA). They either won't ship it or charge big $$$ to ship - like half the cost of the two parts.

Has anyone found a place recently with reasonable shipping?

I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer but not optimistic they will do much on the price. I may try a cut and clamp muffler first...
Accessory Parts. Mine was delivered right into my garage for cheaper than I could buy it and pick up from my local dealer.

JVSTBEE

Reaction score
I went the same route as [mention]Dewey [/mention] and I highly recommend purchasing from [mention]Accessory.Parts [/mention]

I see that there’s a 15% coupon on accessories and performance parts that’s active right now. Might be worth a shot to see if your dealer will honor it with those parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisrizn

Reaction score
Just mssg Dennis. He's the owner.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Accessory Parts. They’re a vendor on the forums. Send them a message and they’ll quote you a price. A link is at the bottom of the forums page.

Accessory Parts. Mine was delivered right into my garage for cheaper than I could buy it and pick up from my local dealer.
AP told me they wouldn't ship, cost too high. Pickup only.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
From AP Aug 10: Unfortunately, that is a local pick up only product in Omaha, Nebraska. Mopar assembled it in one-piece, not allowing it to ship cost effectively for us.

Dewey

Reaction score
98CAC6ED-8325-4935-9E4F-E07CA18B95A6.jpeg
This is exactly how mine came shipped from AP. The main piece is fairly large but wasn’t terrible. The skid weighed WAY more than the exhaust. Maybe shipping costs greatly increased since May. Things have been real crazy lately so who knows. AP must have figured it was no longer feasible.

Dealer quoted me $1165.82. I still saved almost $200 compared to buying from my dealer even with the shipping from AP. Sure glad I bought mine when I did.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Ended up finding an online discount dealer near me that allows local pick up. Came to $738.50 for both parts plus tax. Shipping would have added $250+ so worth the hour drive each way.

My local dealer wanted full retail $1,100+ and refused to discount.

Users who are viewing this thread