5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

Cesar592

Reaction score
what are the parts i need for this upgrade gt exhaust

Pompito

Reaction score
I only need those two parts or do I have to buy two of 68517365aa
I know it is a hideous task but reading the 20 pages of the threat is of great help ;). Plus, reading:
  • improves brain connectivity.
  • increases your vocabulary and comprehension.
  • empowers you to empathize with other people. ( I don't read enough apparently🤣)
  • aids in sleep readiness.
  • reduces stress.
  • lowers blood pressure and heart rate.
  • fights depression symptoms.
  • prevents cognitive decline as you age.
In case you are still wondering, you only need one of each and reuse your stock tailpipes.(y)

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These Part Numbers are correct and are still available. At least in Canada. I ordered mine on Friday and received them today.

Anyone know how long it takes to install these? Any tips or tricks?
Correct. Same part numbers. Got my exhaust last week but still waiting on my truck delivery to install it. Looks like an easy swap.

Chopemupgood

Reaction score
I took mine to a muffler shop that I completely trust and he took me under the truck, it is NOT a Borla exhaust. Unless they gave me the shaft on delivery it's just your average ordinary Ram exhaust.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I took mine to a muffler shop that I completely trust and he took me under the truck, it is NOT a Borla exhaust. Unless they gave me the shaft on delivery it's just your average ordinary Ram exhaust.
It's not a Borla branded exhaust nor a standard Ram exhaust. Appearance wise it looks normal, but the muffler and resonators are tuned differently. I can say I wish they used a smaller muffler, but I like the way it functions, and hear it way more often than I see it ;)

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you expected a Borla that's on you, all these threads and it looks like any other Ram muffler.

Dewey

Reaction score
It's not a Borla branded exhaust nor a standard Ram exhaust. Appearance wise it looks normal, but the muffler and resonators are tuned differently. I can say I wish they used a smaller muffler, but I like the way it functions, and hear it way more often than I see it ;)
Yep. I had both my stock and G/T exhaust side by side on my garage floor and they look exactly identical. Muffler and resonators of course have different part numbers than stock. All the changes are internal only.

forsberg23

Reaction score
Anybody here remove the resonators on the GT Exhaust right before the tailpipe? I had that done on my 21 Laramie Sport along with a Flomaster 40 muffler replacement and the resonator delete changed the sound completely. I read that the resonators are hollow on the GT compared to the standard Ram exhaust. Just wondering if anybody has experimented so I know to not waste my time or not.

My Rebel GT shows up this week or next, getting excited!

Dewey

Reaction score
Idk man, the G/T exhaust is pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. I got my GT exhaust freight shipped to me on a truck right to my garage for just over a grand. Not too many if any aftermarket cat back systems were anywhere near that low.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. I got my GT exhaust freight shipped to me on a truck right to my garage for just over a grand. Not too many if any aftermarket cat back systems were anywhere near that low.

Not to mention how well it’s tuned to this engine. I’ve had cat backs on a few trucks, and they’re have been nice, but none had a sound like this. Quiet when you want, loud when you want.

But the tone just has this high end rip to it that I haven’t heard on an after market system.

I’ve had Borla, MBRP, and magnaflow And while I liked them all on the trucks they were on, none were “perfect”. I would really say that about the G/T exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious if the G/T resonators have the weep holes, or if the interior design is just completely different. I assume it doesn’t have that annoying air leak sound from the resonators that is normally created with aftermarket muffler using stock resonators?

I listened to some sound clips. The G/T exhaust does sound very nice.

I'm wondering this also, can the resonators really be that much different? Typically resos are nothing more than glass-packs. How much different can they really be?? Why wouldn't a G/T muffler swap only be fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online