5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In case it helps anyone… I’ve got maybe 2k miles on my GT exhaust. It sounds great, louder than at first but it definetly has broke in to say the least. Between the way I drive and towing, the tone is much louder than I had expected. It thankfully isn’t obnoxious when it’s in MDS but it’s right at the limit I’d say. No complaints, but just buyer beware that for a stock exhaust it actually does have a real good note, getting louder than I expected it would have been. Totally glad I spent what I did on this compared to the Mopar performance exhaust, that would have been a let down for me. I guess once ya get over 30 it really is downhill 🤣 but boy, now that it’s windows down season, the thing really does bark outside rather than in! I can’t imagine I’ll be upset if it’s like this come july when I turn 32 🤣.
hahaha dude... you are at LEAST 10 years from the top of that hill. at least, but more likely 20. hahaha

magnetized

Reaction score
Want to pull the trigger on this and found a parts supplier. Can anyone confirm

68517364AA & 68517365AA will fit club cab?

Have 2022 1500. 5.7 non etorque
It does fit the quad cabs. 365AA is on backorder with no availability date from the 2 places I've tried to order from FYI.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It does fit the quad cabs. 365AA is on backorder with no availability date from the 2 places I've tried to order from FYI.
68517365AA is available, not sure where you are located. The Chicago PDC has 3 available

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I placed orders with 2 different places both said the right side part wasn’t available, it’s on national back order and Mopar hasn’t given them an ETA so they canceled my order.

magnetized

Reaction score
I placed orders with 2 different places both said the right side part wasn’t available, it’s on national back order and Mopar hasn’t given them an ETA so they canceled my order.
Ditto, Bam wholesale and meador for me.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Odd I can see there are 9 available in the system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220413-185639_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220413-185639_Chrome.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 67

Zrxpilot

Reaction score
Another happy owner with the GT exhaust/Ram intake. Perfect sound for someone that wants a little more of something different without being too much.

As others have said, it fits quad cab. Install took about 2 hours by myself.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another happy owner with the GT exhaust/Ram intake. Perfect sound for someone that wants a little more of something different without being too much.

As others have said, it fits quad cab. Install took about 2 hours by myself.
I wanna do the same to my BackCountry. Where did you order your parts? Every place I checked online had ridiculous shipping charges.

Zrxpilot

Reaction score
I wanna do the same to my BackCountry. Where did you order your parts? Every place I checked online had ridiculous shipping charges.

I went thru AP accessory parts. A vendor on this site. Not going to mention price. I can say the vendor was very responsive with reasonable pricing

Dewey

Reaction score
I went thru AP accessory parts. A vendor on this site. Not going to mention price. I can say the vendor was very responsive with reasonable pricing
Do you have a link for them? I’m not having much luck for some reason.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my exhaust installed today, agree with others they nailed it with this one. Sounds great on the cold start without being completely obnoxious. It’s nice and quiet when you’re cruising with no drone, but it’s there when you want it.

@ Cbty2050 - thanks for the help!

KMach

Reaction score
Anybody else with the G/T exhaust getting a loud pop or crackle on the first shift of the day? Usually happens in the parking lot. Sounds cool but it scares the hell outta me 🤣 happens when going slow thru the parking lot and then letting off the gas. I’m sure it’s normal with any aftermarket exhaust on the hemi, just didn’t expect this from something with a muffler and resonators.

However I do love the crackle when it defuels for the next shift when you are wide open. Sometimes it’ll hit just right going by a building and it makes me look for a challenger around me until I realize it’s me.

jgmac98

Reaction score
Anybody else with the G/T exhaust getting a loud pop or crackle on the first shift of the day? Usually happens in the parking lot. Sounds cool but it scares the hell outta me 🤣 happens when going slow thru the parking lot and then letting off the gas. I’m sure it’s normal with any aftermarket exhaust on the hemi, just didn’t expect this from something with a muffler and resonators.

However I do love the crackle when it defuels for the next shift when you are wide open. Sometimes it’ll hit just right going by a building and it makes me look for a challenger around me until I realize it’s me.
I get the "loud pop" sound at low speed even after driving for a bit. Often it's when slowing down to go around a corner in my community. I think it's the auto start stop. At slow speed with foot on break around a corner it turns the engine off, only to be back on half a second later...

Camel_City

Reaction score
I get the "loud pop" sound at low speed even after driving for a bit. Often it's when slowing down to go around a corner in my community. I think it's the auto start stop. At slow speed with foot on break around a corner it turns the engine off, only to be back on half a second later...
Mine will do it at low speeds and the MDS kicks in dropping four cylinders. Did it with the stock exhaust and still does it with the Borla ATAK.

Dewey

Reaction score
Anybody order the GT exhaust recently? Is it still on backorder?

Where did you order from? I’m shopping around for the best price.

Users who are viewing this thread