5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

KMach

Reaction score
Do you have a 2021? Did it fit no problem? I noticed on Mopar's website it says it's only for a 2022. Thanks
Yes, my truck is a 2021. They fit perfect. Complete bolt on. Only thing being reused as stated above I believe is: driver side tailpipe hanger(easier), exhaust tips, bolts for exhaust and hangers if you decide to change it all as one piece. Sounds great. Basically no drone in MDS, and not obnoxious while towing. It’s the perfect combo for me.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So... took actual delivery today, crawled under the truck and looked at the reso's and muffler first... ALL were the correct GT parts. then we popped the hood and my CAI was there... THEN we started her up.... ZERO buyer's remorse. loud and rumbly with a nice rip to it that is not at all obnoxious... you can hear it when you get on it, but no drone i can hear... love it and i hope the guys who had issues get it worked out because it is tuned to this truck perfectly.

Last edited:

UnclJim

Reaction score
So... took actual delivery today, crawled under the truck and looked at the reso's and muffler first... ALL were the correct GT parts. then we popped the hood and my CAI was there... THEN we started her up.... ZERO buyer's remorse. loud and rumbly with a nice rip to it that is not at all obnoxious... you can hear it when you get on it, but no drone i can hear... love it and i hope the guys who had issues get it worked out because it is tuned to this truck perfectly.
Picked up mine yesterday have the same feelings

Tellsch

Reaction score
I test drove a GT on Tuesday and immediately ordered the exhaust for my '20. Best combination of volume - both on throttle and cruising. Absolutely zero drone anywhere in the rpm band.

They really crushed it with this one!!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think that would be the case. All the rebels and Laramies are crew cabs for the 22 model year, and those are the only 2 trims with the G/T. All the rebels are 5’7” boxes, However they do make a 6’4” box choice on the Laramie, but you can’t add the GT Pkg to it. I was thinking it might be close between a 5’7” crew cab and a 6’4” quad cab but doesn’t look like it’s a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t_henrickson

Reaction score
FINALLY got my correct parts put on today. Everything sounds really good, but did anyone else think that it sounds a lot louder in compared to in person? I may have too high expectations here because it's WAY better than stock was. Just not as loud as I expected. I'm still debating if that's a good thing or a bad thing haha.

jgmac98

Reaction score
to me on cold start is it louder than expected. Once warmed up, its quieter than I thought it'd be, but when you step on it it's there.

i think it does a decent job projecting the volume directly back rather than into the cab, so I think it is louder if you're driving behind it than in it... but that could just be me.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FINALLY got my correct parts put on today. Everything sounds really good, but did anyone else think that it sounds a lot louder in compared to in person? I may have too high expectations here because it's WAY better than stock was. Just not as loud as I expected. I'm still debating if that's a good thing or a bad thing haha.

Yeah I agree with what [mention]jgmac98 [/mention] said. It’s louder and brighter at the first cold start. Then warmer once it’s been running. And I was actually surprised to find how tame it is when you’re in the truck. Or in front of it. The only time it really has that personality is when you’re behind it on a cold start. But I love the in-cab sound at any time. And I also like that it’s not crazy obnoxious. Like my neighbors can hear it, but they’re not like . I think they nailed it with this setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Yeah you're both definitely right. Start up is nice and when you rev it the crackle is really nice. But once it's warm it's definitely fairly tame. I also agree with it projecting backwards, you can hear it in the truck but it's not super loud. I'll have to test it by standing outside and having someone drive it past me or something to see what other people hear. The cab is just too dang sound proof 🤣.

I may just be so used to my old pickup with the borla muffler being louder inside and out. Cab not as sound proof and the muffler being a pretty aggressive one.

Overall I'm definitely happy with it because it's WAY better than it was without it! If I ever miss that super aggressive sound there are other options that I can pay for but I think I like it the way it is. No drone at all is a huge bonus too.

KMach

Reaction score
I assume this exhaust would fit a quad cab as well?
The intermediate pipe is what creates the length for different cab and bed styles. The muffler/resonators will bolt to any configuration.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Weep holes are also in the G/T reso's, same amount, same locations. No plastic bag in the wind sounds whatsoever with this system, just a clean, crisp, and aggressive exhaust tone.
I feel this way also. It really surprised me that, though the G/T resonators look the same as the stock exhaust, I don't hear the wispy noise that my old Ram had :D

KMach

Reaction score
I feel this way also. It really surprised me that, though the G/T resonators look the same as the stock exhaust, I don't hear the wispy noise that my old Ram had :D
Look inside them with the tips off. They are hollow compared to the factory resonators.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Look inside them with the tips off. They are hollow compared to the factory resonators.
Interesting. Wonder if anyone has photos of the inside of the stocks vs the G/T. I guess I assumed they were all mostly hollow.

Either way, I'm pretty pleased that my G/T has the correct exhaust. It sounds great on cold start (especially since I back into my garage 😁). My wife commented this morning while we were out that this truck is so much quieter on the highway than my last Ram (had the MBRP), yet sounds so good when I get on it.

Dewey

Reaction score
Just read this entire thread and now my head hurts. 😩

At this point I’m just gonna wait till my truck gets delivered and hope they accidentally install the G/T exhaust at the factory. 😆

Worst case I’ll order the parts later that are listed here.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just read this entire thread and now my head hurts. 😩

At this point I’m just gonna wait till my truck gets delivered and hope they accidentally install the G/T exhaust at the factory. 😆

Worst case I’ll order the parts later that are listed here.
Seriously just wait... it really seems like there was a production hiccup there for about a week or less even... my truck went thru just after hearing all this stuff and i was also worried, but it showed up perfectly.... moreover, i even have a G/T reso marked R on the right, AND marked L on the left. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That said, on delivery day, before i even started it i definitely popped the hood to see the CAI and then i definitely crawled under it to read all three numbers... THEN did a remote start. Nothing wrong with being thorough.

KMach

Reaction score
In case it helps anyone… I’ve got maybe 2k miles on my GT exhaust. It sounds great, louder than at first but it definetly has broke in to say the least. Between the way I drive and towing, the tone is much louder than I had expected. It thankfully isn’t obnoxious when it’s in MDS but it’s right at the limit I’d say. No complaints, but just buyer beware that for a stock exhaust it actually does have a real good note, getting louder than I expected it would have been. Totally glad I spent what I did on this compared to the Mopar performance exhaust, that would have been a let down for me. I guess once ya get over 30 it really is downhill 🤣 but boy, now that it’s windows down season, the thing really does bark outside rather than in! I can’t imagine I’ll be upset if it’s like this come july when I turn 32 🤣.

Users who are viewing this thread