5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
Got truck back from dealer tonight. Dropped off 8 Nov. Replaced entire rear window. Window shipped from vendor and received in less than 5 days. Local shop contracted by dealer did the install. You can faintly see the mold marks, even on new window. Snapped a pic of label from new window box and warranty repair order.
850106ac3067fdd66e7b6668dfb9aea4.jpg

View attachment 40361

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
91046739804efabd2ce411c4b5d1484b.jpg
How is the Packing label on the Box later than the install Date??

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
Packing label says 10/28 no? Install was in November...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your right,,,My Bad!
Not sure what I was Thinking.
They are saying the New Improved window will not be available until this year though.
I may have to get mine re-done sometime this year.

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
Here is the new Part #'s for the backlite window assembly
What is he difference between the one on the top of the list Vs. the one on the bottom of the list??
What does the "%" icon indicate??
I have power,Tint,and Defrost.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would be nice if they can say what the difference is between old and new rear window assembly. Thicker frame? Removal of the knead line that was always suspiciously where the crack would happen? @RamCares can you perhaps try to find out the actual differences please? Thanks!

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
It would be nice if they can say what the difference is between old and new rear window assembly. Thicker frame? Removal of the knead line that was always suspiciously where the crack would happen? @RamCares can you perhaps try to find out the actual differences please? Thanks!

Glanced at Mine a second ago....and It does look suspicious in that spot again, yet I do not see a Crack.
I will check it again when it is not so Cold outside.

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
What is he difference between the one on the top of the list Vs. the one on the bottom of the list??
What does the "%" icon indicate??
I have power,Tint,and Defrost.
Your new replacement window is 68426398AC - The new window part will be 68426398AD the difference is the AC to AD, & AD being the most current rear window.

Did you try taping off your 3rd brake light and run some water on the back window for 20-30 minutes ? to see if it leaks ?

Ram is having problems with the 3rd brake lights leaking also I would just double check as you did just get a new window installed

You stated above that your truck has been to the dealer since NOV ?

Attachments

• IMG_2360.JPG
    IMG_2360.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 33

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glanced at Mine a second ago....and It does look suspicious in that spot again, yet I do not see a Crack.
I will check it again when it is not so Cold outside.

I’m on my 3rd including original The original and 1st replacement had that faint line they call a knead line. The 3rd one doesn’t have it and it’s been fine for almost a year (knocks on wood dash panel)

KSOTI

Reaction score
Here is the new Part #'s for the backlite window assembly
Well ain't that a kick in the nuts! My back window was just replaced a a couple of weeks ago. That's not the PN they used. Where did this info come from? Can you post the entire document please?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well ain't that a kick in the nuts! My back window was just replaced a a couple of weeks ago. That's not the PN they used. Where did this info come from? Can you post the entire document please?

@RamCares posted the update a few days ago updating that old bad stock was purged and only new parts were available.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your new replacement window is 68426398AC - The new window part will be 68426398AD the difference is the AC to AD, & AD being the most current rear window.

Did you try taping off your 3rd brake light and run some water on the back window for 20-30 minutes ? to see if it leaks ?

Ram is having problems with the 3rd brake lights leaking also I would just double check as you did just get a new window installed

You stated above that your truck has been to the dealer since NOV ?

So the new part -AD is available to all dealers?

KSOTI

Reaction score
@RamCares posted the update a few days ago updating that old bad stock was purged and only new parts were available.

True, but according to the star excerpt that georgesrt2020 posted that may not still be the case. It seems the latest PN has been updated to AD. I got an AC.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True, but according to the star excerpt that georgesrt2020 posted that may not still be the case. It seems the latest PN has been updated to AD. I got an AC.

Wonder if they ordered your part before the purge or didn’t pay attention

KSOTI

Reaction score
The process started in January so it's possible the STAR INFO has changed/updated. At the time they ordered mine AC was the only PN available all of the preceeding PN's had been purged.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes new part is AD - from what I been told It will be available in April - Dealers can order the AD now and it will ship from Mopar when it becomes available.....

Well...maybe I’ll be going back in at somepoint lol -AC was installed last week

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
Well...maybe I’ll be going back in at somepoint lol -AC was installed last week

Hopefully not, as I don't believe every truck has the issue ..... I have a 2021 with less then 500 miles and it has the leak issue which looks to be the 3rd Brake Light not the window and I know I do not have the current AD window because my truck was built in Sept. 2020 and Star states windows with 11/2020 are the most current.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online