5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

famecity

Reaction score
One caution on removing the plastic trim from the lower bed behind the rear wheels.

In addition to the two clips and the screw, there is also a locating tab. The tab goes into a hole next to the rear clip.

That tab is fragile...ask me how I know!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes, I broke both tabs.

Also put the liners in without separating the rear pieces. I removed the front but on the rear, I just removed the screw around the flares, loosened it a bit, slipped it in and replaced the screws.

onelochevy

Reaction score
Just ordered the liners and a 10 pack of screws. Can't believe these don't come on the truck from the factory. It was one of the features I was impressed with back on my old '09 Ram

DonJr

Reaction score
Just a couple of things to note that I haven't seen mentioned before:

1) The Youtube video shows install on a truck with factory flares. My truck does not have them so I noted a couple of differences. You won't have the three nut clips to remove around the top. To get the one that needs to be added to the back, I used one from the front panel since it is not reused. Also you'll be short those 3 screws, so instead of one extra screw per side, you'll need 4 extra (part #6510175AA) for a total of 8. The dealer I bought from only sold them in a pack of 10 so I lucked out. Also the factory trim that gets removed and reinstalled is slightly different on a truck without the flares, so you won't be using the very bottom back hole for the wheel liners/trim.

2) I have the RamBox bed and had not seen anyone reference whether or not the wheel liners and procedure was the same. I can now confirm that it is all the same parts and process.

As a side note, I added Weathertech "mud flaps" at the same time and am happy with the way they fit.

Thanks to all for your insight so that I had everything needed for a smooth install.
Glad you mentioned the Ram Box, when I picked up new Ram asked about Rear liners was told I can't put them on mine. After reading this went back and ordered them, picking up later today

TVANVA

Reaction score
Prices are similar ($41 - $45) at most of the usual Mopar parts sites. What you REALLY have to watch is the shipping. These things are light but big, so the shipping companies are going to up the price for the size of the box instead of the weight. More than one site I went to wanted more for shipping than the cost of the liners.

I just bought mine from RockAuto for a little more than the average price, but the shipping was only $14 for the pair.

DM-SC

Reaction score
I got mine from a local dealer.

Paid a little more but I had them in hand instead of waiting for them to be delivered.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

onelochevy

Reaction score
Ordered some from Rock Auto. Got an email today saying they're backordered so it's gonna be a few extra days before they get in.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered under $90 before tax and free shipping - thanks all for the help

Taterload

Reaction score
Still waiting on mine to ship, It's been 5 days and they're still "preparing shipment" my only explanation is they're handcrafted from only the finest plastics around. Meanwhile my truck's covered in salt.
Where did you order them from?

Dan_NY

Reaction score
So I had Liners installed when I bought my truck, the dealer that did the install left out a screw in each liner by the wheel. I ordered a bunch of screws (6510175AA) but when I went to put them in I noticed the clip was missing, I found a bigger clip that was a little further away from the wheel well but on the same "seam" that wasn't being used. it is larger than the ones being used for the liner. I moved that but unfortunately the 6510175AA screws are too small. Does anyone know the part number for the clips that work with the 6510175AA screws?

Attachments

• 20190517_144647.jpg
    20190517_144647.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 142

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I had Liners installed when I bought my truck, the dealer that did the install left out a screw in each liner by the wheel. I ordered a bunch of screws (6510175AA) but when I went to put them in I noticed the clip was missing, I found a bigger clip that was a little further away from the wheel well but on the same "seam" that wasn't being used. it is larger than the ones being used for the liner. I moved that but unfortunately the 6510175AA screws are too small. Does anyone know the part number for the clips that work with the 6510175AA screws?
Damn - I literally just threw out my panels that were taken off when installing my rear wheel liners and they had extra clips on them. I would have sent them to you for free just shipping.

Dan_NY

Reaction score
**** - I literally just threw out my panels that were taken off when installing my rear wheel liners and they had extra clips on them. I would have sent them to you for free just shipping.

I actually was just reading some of the older replies in here and came across Jagtyson's response about using GM push pins which reminded me I ordered 100 of them for a Nissan I have, grabbed 2 of them and they fit perfectly. Thanks for the thought though.

DM-SC

Reaction score
I installed the Mopar mudguards at the same time I installed the wheel liners. I bought a plastic rivet tool from Habor Freight to install them.

The rivet tool kit had extra rivets so that's what I used in my wheel liner holes.

DaMythDaLegend

Reaction score
Rockauto is charging me $130 for shipping to Virginia?! I'm not buying them when the shipping is more than the product....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 52

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Mopar mudguards at the same time I installed the wheel liners. I bought a plastic rivet tool from Habor Freight to install them.

The rivet tool kit had extra rivets so that's what I used in my wheel liner holes.

Good idea because unless the truck get wrecked theres no reason to take them off.

chad202

Reaction score
Are ya'll doing this for protection or so that the back matching the front? I want mine to match and thinking about painting the white with black under coating which would be way easier and quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread