5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
My 2019 ram 1500 Laramie didn't come with rear wheel house liners. I'm debating getting them , only cause my 2016 ram had them. What ended up happening is the salt would actually get trapped between the liner and the fender and it started to rust. I got rid of the truck even though ram said they would fix it. I am OCD about cleaning my truck so I was surprised this happened. Just looking for anybody's thoughts on the liners, thanks

EddieP

Reaction score
My 2004 and 2013 both had them and I never had a problem with rust around the wheel wells. I live in upstate NY so we have plenty of salt during the winter. I do run my truck thru a good car wash at least twice a week. That maybe a factor. I like the way they clean up the back of the truck.

Bredtodo

Reaction score
Someone was telling me to just have my wheel wells line x’d.

What does everyone thing about that?

tonyplants

Reaction score
Wheel Well liners are a must in Michigan. 2 of 3 trucks I looked at had them. First truck I looked at did not-dealer would have had to install. If you're going to encounter salted roads, get them.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Someone was telling me to just have my wheel wells line x’d.

What does everyone thing about that?
The liners are more to prevent things from flinging all over the inside of the fender. If you look there's a lot of things that would have to be line-x'd. And if you think about the cost, it'd almost certainly be cheaper to get the wheel well liners for $120. Can't lie though, I've thought about coating the area rather than the factory liners. But then I realized they're designed specifically to protect the truck, so thats what I went with.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered them with my 2019, I like the way the make the wheel wells look more finished. I like to run a hose or the pressure washer between the fender lip and the plastic liner when I wash the truck in winter, keeps the salt from building up between the metal and plastic liner which is where rust would start.

RenoRam

Reaction score
My 2019 ram 1500 Laramie didn't come with rear wheel house liners. I'm debating getting them , only cause my 2016 ram had them. What ended up happening is the salt would actually get trapped between the liner and the fender and it started to rust. I got rid of the truck even though ram said they would fix it. I am OCD about cleaning my truck so I was surprised this happened. Just looking for anybody's thoughts on the liners, thanks
Mine came with them. I would have bought and installed if necessary like I did on my 04 and 14 Rams. Cleans up the truck and the protection from debris and weather is great imo.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Still waiting on mine to ship, It's been 5 days and they're still "preparing shipment" my only explanation is they're handcrafted from only the finest plastics around. Meanwhile my truck's covered in salt.

kjn86

Reaction score
Still waiting on mine to ship, It's been 5 days and they're still "preparing shipment" my only explanation is they're handcrafted from only the finest plastics around. Meanwhile my truck's covered in salt.

Is everyone just ordering the mopar ones and then adding additional screws that you need? Last time I checked, there weren't any other after market options.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Is everyone just ordering the mopar ones and then adding additional screws that you need? Last time I checked, there weren't any other after market options.
Mine are the factory ones, I ordered the extra 2 screws required.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are you guys ordering from? Anything I found online was going to cost me $100 just in shipping. I may just have to call my local dealer. Looking to do this pretty soon, as well as a bit more of a lift. My Bushwacker fender flares just came in and I would prefer not to have to take them back off to add these later.

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
I called the dealer Friday afternoon , the parts manager looked them up after I gave him my VIN number. Took him a couple minutes he found them, told me they'd be in the next morning. I went there around 10am they were in $63 dollars a piece. They took about an hour and a half to install , I washed the inner wheel well before I installed them.
I couldn't believe the dirt that caked in there from not having the Liners.

Users who are viewing this thread