5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

Grunkster

Reaction score
sorry...guess I should have watched the video first lol....mine only has the partial liners NOT the full ones...will be getting for these Minnesota winters!!

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
The only thing I can think they would fit is the space where the controls go for the power seats - they don't match the shape of the control unit including the bezel, but depending on the size, they might fit the hole they cover. It's hard to tell by looking under my seats because there's so many wires and such. It does look like the same material. Do you have power seats?
Yes, it has power seats. It's a Laramie , I looked all around the seats. I have no clue where they go, they're .

Maple

Reaction score
Yes, it has power seats. It's a Laramie , I looked all around the seats. I have no clue where they go, they're .
Yeah, I mean they probably would be needed to cover the hole if you didn't have power seats. Since you have power seats, I think they were supposed to remove and discard them during assembly and instead threw them under the seat for some reason.

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean they probably would be needed to cover the hole if you didn't have power seats. Since you have power seats, I think they were supposed to remove and discard them during assembly and instead threw them under the seat for some reason.
Thanks , I think just out of curiosity , I'm going to take it to the parts department at the dealership. And have them run the part number, just to see what they are .

mg0706

Reaction score
Ey guys, question for those that put on the rear wheel house liners and have husky mud flaps, or maybe the weathertech mud flaps...

What you guys did?

Because the husky one are made for the little liners that the truck comes with, not for the whole thing that this thread is about.

Thanks.

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
I have the Husky mud flaps, and they went on just fine when I installed the rear liners. No issues.

mg0706

Reaction score
I have the Husky mud flaps, and they went on just fine when I installed the rear liners. No issues.
On mine truck, after install the rear liners, my husky mud flaps dont sit flush against the mini mud flaps from factory (the back part of the thick area from the husky mud flaps that goes around the mini mud flaps from factory), like it used to, because the rear liners its in the way when before there was nothing.

Do you think you can take a picture to show me how yours mud flap sits after the intall of the rear liners?

Thanks

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
You need to use the "4th" screw that was included in the Husky install kit and screw it into the fender liner. The Husky mud flap has a tiny indent on the liner where the screw should go.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 180

Grunkster

Reaction score
are these fenders not galvanized steel? I think the 1/3 coverage front and rear OEM ones are probably just fine.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
are these fenders not galvanized steel? I think the 1/3 coverage front and rear OEM ones are probably just fine.
I just like the cleaner look. It looks much better with them in there, especially if you are doing any kind of lift.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
All,
Picked up a set today and how long did it take you to do the job?
Watched the video and looks pretty simple.
Any added thoughts?

zman9119

Reaction score
All,
Picked up a set today and how long did it take you to do the job?
Watched the video and looks pretty simple.
Any added thoughts?

Did it yesterday outside in the cold, took about an hour and a half because I was an idiot (mainly) and grabbed the wrong one for the side I was working on, plus I cleaned up everything in the wheel well and each plastic piece. Had ordered the 10 pack of screws because that is all they would sell them as and glad I did as I needed more than the 2 others had listed (no wheel flares \ early build). I did not have to drill the rubber piece out like in the video. I just hit it with some heat for a few seconds and it pulled right off w/o any harm to the plastic mount.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
Thanks,
Got it completed when the snow stopped today and it took less than 2 hours after cleaning out all the mud
And gunk.

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
It's unbelievable how much dirt and debris gets built up under underneath without the liners. I only had my truck a month before I put the liners in, I wash my truck constantly. It still took me like 45 minutes to clean everything before putting the liners in.

professorwest

Reaction score
Quick question, I ordered a new 2019 Ram Limited - does it come with the full wheel liners or the partials? Thank you for your help

kjn86

Reaction score
Quick question, I ordered a new 2019 Ram Limited - does it come with the full wheel liners or the partials? Thank you for your help

I am tracking none of the trims come with them. It would be on the window sticker specifically added as an option if you did. I think it's $195.

Jagtyson

Reaction score
My 2019 ram 1500 Laramie didn't come with rear wheel house liners. I'm debating getting them , only cause my 2016 ram had them. What ended up happening is the salt would actually get trapped between the liner and the fender and it started to rust. I got rid of the truck even though ram said they would fix it. I am OCD about cleaning my truck so I was surprised this happened. Just looking for anybody's thoughts on the liners, thanks
They are a must to have. My Laramie did not have them so I ordered them from the dealer. There are no instructions so was a bit of trial and error. Finally figured out that I had to separate the oem short splash guards so that I could remount the structural backings to the front and back of each wheel well before installing the full liners. The plastic mini liners are attached to the backings and just have to be drilled out in a few places to get them removed and tossed. Good luck.. truck looks much better when installed...at least on white.

zman9119

Reaction score
Finally figured out that I had to separate the oem short splash guards so that I could remount the structural backings to the front and back of each wheel well before installing the full liners. The plastic mini liners are attached to the backings and just have to be drilled out in a few places to get them removed and tossed.

You could have also hit the rubber to plastic fuse spot with a few seconds of heat from a MAP torch and it pulls off clean with the rubber still intact. It is just reverse of how they build them.

Jagtyson

Reaction score
Agreed, my drill was closer sitting right next to my big hammer. The whole point of your post and mine is that installing the full wheel liners is not plug and play. Keeping the structural support for the bottom of the liners is kind of important.

Users who are viewing this thread