5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

MxRacer965

Reaction score
Sorry for dredging this back up...but I need these as I’m in MI and only have the shields front and back. While I bought mine CPO I want to now try and keep the salt and associated rust at bay as much as I can Since I plan to keep this truck for the next 10 years.

Anyone familiar with both able to comment on which they would recommend over all? Price isn’t my first concern, I want fit/finish/quality. I understand the aftermarket are thicker plastic with no flexibility, but that doesn’t necessarily mean “better”. The factory also seems to mount in more locations and would be more secure over all.

Not to add more to this but anyone familiar with Rugged Liner? Seems identical to Rough Country. Different pricing though.

RJS

Reaction score
Sorry for dredging this back up...but I need these as I’m in MI and only have the shields front and back. While I bought mine CPO I want to now try and keep the salt and associated rust at bay as much as I can Since I plan to keep this truck for the next 10 years.

Anyone familiar with both able to comment on which they would recommend over all? Price isn’t my first concern, I want fit/finish/quality. I understand the aftermarket are thicker plastic with no flexibility, but that doesn’t necessarily mean “better”. The factory also seems to mount in more locations and would be more secure over all.

Not to add more to this but anyone familiar with Rugged Liner? Seems identical to Rough Country. Different pricing though.

Grab a 15% off coupon from your Ram dealers website and get the OEM plus two screws from them. That's what I did 2 years ago. I won't comment on fit or thickness of the aftermarket, because I have no knowledge of either, but I don't see any comments around here about the OEM ones being an issue. Mine still look fine after two years here in Michigan.

MxRacer965

Reaction score
Grab a 15% off coupon from your Ram dealers website and get the OEM plus two screws from them. That's what I did 2 years ago. I won't comment on fit or thickness of the aftermarket, because I have no knowledge of either, but I don't see any comments around here about the OEM ones being an issue. Mine still look fine after two years here in Michigan.
Thanks for the feedback! I’ve been leaning OEM since I started researching. I don’t have fender flares so I’ll need 8 screws based on all the comments here previously.

I saw references to R/L specific parts but I also ran across 82216333AA which appears to be both in a set. Has anyone here ever purchased this version or is this a more recent addition?

MDram

Reaction score
To the fellas who installed the rough country liners, how are they holding up?

Klicht87

Reaction score
I have the factory liners that were in the truck when I bought it. No issues. Can't comment on install. They seem to do the job. I put in real truck or rough country liners on a 2018 silverado I had and they were a PITA to put in. The OEM RAM liners seem really flexible so I would think install would be a lot easier.

Oldphart

Reaction score
2021 Longhorn no flares. Is it necessary to still use the small liners at the front of the wheel well? it seems as though the Rough Country ones will cover the area.

JD300WM

Reaction score
My 2021 RAM 1500 North edition came with the wheel house liners. I like the looks of them but wonder if winter road salt and liquid pre treatment some states use will get trapped between the liners and metal. How do those of you who have the liners rinse between the liners and fenders? Remove liners or what?

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
Couldn’t stand the white strips in the rear wheel houses so I installed a set of the Rough Country liners. Couldn’t be happier and the truck looks so much better!

462D5C05-1859-473A-9DAC-AF53682BA2DE.jpeg

Wsmith

Reaction score
My opinion only. The rough country are superior to the OEM. That being said they are thicker and much more difficult to install, they are not near as flexible. If I ever do it again I will go OEM just for the ease of install.

Users who are viewing this thread