5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Under-Seat Storage - Aftermarket Options

Jeff12

Reaction score
Throw up some pictures for us please! Dying to see what this thing looks like before I buy!
Here you go. As you can see, room for a lot of stuff. Too full to get pics of the mounting, but there’s a slot in either back corner. You attach a flat bar to a bolt near the rear of the seat, and then slide the bar through the slot and lock it down with a linch pin. About 10 minutes to install.
8638E80A-C7EB-4FCE-9605-9B6817571E1C.jpeg 943430EE-5E97-49CF-ACBB-9667440EBB6C.jpeg

Last edited:

SB89

Reaction score
Here you go. As you can see, room for a lot of stuff. Too full to get pics of the mounting, but there’s a slot in either back corner. You attach a flat bar to a bolt near the rear of the seat, and then slide the bar through the slot and lock it down with a linch pin. About 10 minutes to install.
View attachment 25093 View attachment 25094
Nice! Thanks! Any issues with the fit clearing the Mopar mats?

Jeff12

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks! Any issues with the fit clearing the Mopar mats?
No problem. Maybe felt that the front edge was being pushed up a bit, but once I put a few things into it, it settled down and sits where it should.

SacRebel

Reaction score
I checked in with Huskyliners today to see what the status is on the Gearbox for the quad cab and was told they have abandoned those plans and won't be making one for the quad cab now.

SB89

Reaction score
I just called Du-Ha. They said the quad cab under seat storage bin in black is part number 30104. Price is $199.95 with free shipping if you order through them. Not listed on their site because they’re in the process of upgrading the entire website.

11B4X4

Reaction score
With no ram box, No under seat storage or behind seat storage there isn't a single place to keep anything of utility. I can't believe there isn't some kind of built in compartment in the back seat. My 2006 Tacoma had tons of storage behind and under the back seats. I definitely miss having that extra room. Not sure why it wasn't built into these.

Ram1984

Reaction score
Are the Ram bins only available on crew cabs?? I see you have the quad cab.

11B4X4

Reaction score
Are the Ram bins only available on crew cabs?? I see you have the quad cab.

I believe so. Would of been handy to have them available for quad cab and just install them the opposite way of the Crew cabs (90 degree turn). No where to even keep an ice scraper or tow strap other than the floor or bed :/

Teamcook

Reaction score
I went a little different route with my underseat storage. I'm looking at doing a little bit of overlanding, so I wanted to make sure I had the necessary gear for that, gear for normal trips with my wife and teenagers, and any emergency.

So, I went with five small ammo containers ($3.99 at Harbor Freight or $5.99 at Walmart) under the rear seats. The two on the driver's side are for medical and roadside, and the three on the passenger side are for emergency food, comfort, and tools. I can list the contents of each if anyone wants to know. The containers fit perfectly in the cutouts on each side and hold quite a bit of cargo.

In the middle, I purchased and attached a BuiltRight Industries MOLLE panel that has Velcro on the back. It sticks to the bottom of the rear site and has MOLLE webbing. I've attached two cheap MOLLE bottle holders and some Velcro strips. The bottle holders container a rolled up tarp on one side and a Frogg Togg's poncho on the other. In between the two is a small blanket.
I have to say - this is a pretty slick solution - I'm still scrolling down, but if no-one has already asked for it, I'd love the list of what you put in each ammo box. Nice job!

Encswsm

Reaction score
Anyone know if the OEM under-seat storage is available for the Crew Cab? Or, if there will be an aftermarket option?
I like the design of the OEM version, but sadly it wasn't optioned on my Big Horn.
I think this page has what your looking for.

Encswsm

Reaction score
Seems like all of the attach points are the rear seat supports . If only someone could dig up a Mopar part number for the underseat storage. I have searched online but no luck so far.
Here is the part number for the black one 5YM59TX7AD

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My PreOrder goes in today .. subscribing to thread .. I don't like it and will more than likely remove it and build my own. If I do, I'll put mine up for sale here for you. It will be Black. Although I am told 8-12 weeks before delivery.

Tim N

CraigB

Reaction score
Here are 2 pics of the underseat storage, one open and the other folded closed, 2 different sizes/configurations
Here are 2 pics of the underseat storage, one open and the other folded closed, 2 different sizes/configurations

I ordered part # 5YM59TX7AD. Cant find any install instructions though and no one seems to have any. Not sure how to attach it for the sliding action of 2 positions nor how to attach it in the center where it is carpeted. Don't want to start screwing or cutting into things blindly.

RAM#2

Reaction score
I purchased the Husky 09421 under seat storage for my Laramie Crew Cab. They fit very well and also fit on top of my full floor Smart Liners.

Oscarmusprime

Reaction score
Well, I got a little industrious this afternoon and resolved my under-seat storage issue for $9....yes, nine dollars!

If you have an accessible Home Depot, a utility knife (or preferably a Dremel tool), tape measure, a few screws and 45 minutes, you can build your storage as the pictures indicate below...they are removable in 3 minutes with only 2 small screws...

Before (no under-seat storage): :(
View attachment 12435
$9 plastic storage bin from Home Depot (this one is the right width):
View attachment 12433
Mark a line 7" down from the top lip and cut all the way around with a dremmel bit or utility knife, then cut the short ends of the bin in half as shown:
View attachment 12436 View attachment 12439
Fit the two pieces in the floorboard and cut the angles to fit the under-seat bump in the middle (this allows the frame to sit flat):
View attachment 12444 View attachment 12445
Flip over and screw the 2 pieces together in the middle for stability, then place in the truck, screw a flat head screw into the plastic cover on each end of the bench seat (the screws are silver in the photo), then tie the center back to the D ring that is under the rear seat to keep the frame in place (I used tie straps, but plan to use a small bungie once acquired).
View attachment 12440 View attachment 12441
Finished Product: :p
View attachment 12442 View attachment 12443

This was too easy and more than serves my purposes as they will work with my WeatherTech floor mats that I'm ordering soon. :)

I hope this helps someone out there who didn't want to drop $180+ for storage.
This is pretty Awesome... I'm going to make mine this weekend. You are a genius, and i was really going to spend that 180$ on the official thing until i got to your post. Thank you.

RodRow

Reaction score
This is pretty Awesome... I'm going to make mine this weekend. You are a genius, and i was really going to spend that 180$ on the official thing until i got to your post. Thank you.
Dude! I’m so psyched that you’re pulling the trigger on this! I could not be happier with my setup and I’ve helped countless buddies, lucky enough to own a ‘19 Ram, build theirs. Rock on my friend! :p

timtlu

Reaction score
Well, I got a little industrious this afternoon and resolved my under-seat storage issue for $9....yes, nine dollars!

If you have an accessible Home Depot, a utility knife (or preferably a Dremel tool), tape measure, a few screws and 45 minutes, you can build your storage as the pictures indicate below...they are removable in 3 minutes with only 2 small screws...

Before (no under-seat storage): :(
View attachment 12435
$9 plastic storage bin from Home Depot (this one is the right width):
View attachment 12433
Mark a line 7" down from the top lip and cut all the way around with a dremmel bit or utility knife, then cut the short ends of the bin in half as shown:
View attachment 12436 View attachment 12439
Fit the two pieces in the floorboard and cut the angles to fit the under-seat bump in the middle (this allows the frame to sit flat):
View attachment 12444 View attachment 12445
Flip over and screw the 2 pieces together in the middle for stability, then place in the truck, screw a flat head screw into the plastic cover on each end of the bench seat (the screws are silver in the photo), then tie the center back to the D ring that is under the rear seat to keep the frame in place (I used tie straps, but plan to use a small bungie once acquired).
View attachment 12440 View attachment 12441
Finished Product: :p
View attachment 12442 View attachment 12443

This was too easy and more than serves my purposes as they will work with my WeatherTech floor mats that I'm ordering soon. :)

I hope this helps someone out there who didn't want to drop $180+ for storage.
Subscribing to come back to when I have some free time.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I went a little different route with my underseat storage. I'm looking at doing a little bit of overlanding, so I wanted to make sure I had the necessary gear for that, gear for normal trips with my wife and teenagers, and any emergency.

So, I went with five small ammo containers ($3.99 at Harbor Freight or $5.99 at Walmart) under the rear seats. The two on the driver's side are for medical and roadside, and the three on the passenger side are for emergency food, comfort, and tools. I can list the contents of each if anyone wants to know. The containers fit perfectly in the cutouts on each side and hold quite a bit of cargo.

In the middle, I purchased and attached a BuiltRight Industries MOLLE panel that has Velcro on the back. It sticks to the bottom of the rear site and has MOLLE webbing. I've attached two cheap MOLLE bottle holders and some Velcro strips. The bottle holders container a rolled up tarp on one side and a Frogg Togg's poncho on the other. In between the two is a small blanket.

So, I received my new Ram Rebel this weekend, and I'm pleased to say that the ammo canisters fit perfectly inside the factory under seat storage box! With the canisters on both sides, you still have space in the middle for straps and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread