5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really considering trade in for 2022

Yeah, he even out did me on this one. What was it, maybe 4 months? I think the shortest I ever had a new car was about 6 months (twice). But I didn't make a profit on those mistakes LOL. Congrats on the new ride Royalist! Now you gonna be Royalist_Rover? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I gotta change it now!! Ughh. And I got my Ram in late February 2021. So yeah like 4 months. Maybe in a month I’ll trade my Defender and get a G Class. 😂 nah I love this thing so much. Still got my mom’s HD 2500 so I’ll be on here a lot. Love these forums.

I agree. I can't stand the suede inserted on the Laramie fake leather seats. Only thing I miss is the keyless entry. Sucks pulling out your fob when both hands are full carrying something from a store. U got a better deal than me. I paid $40,200 in April of 2020. Can't believe these trucks are selling for over $50k now & people are actually buying them. Ripoff !!!!
Dude.. you still got a great price!

The only way they'd get me to trade my truck would be to give me the same model, same color, same options but in a 2022 model; I paid $36750 for a 19 Bighorn 4x4 crew cab, north package, tow package, level 2, spray liner bed, and some other stuff I can't even remember now, then put a $2k color matched Leer cap on the back. I have 20k on the truck. So yeah, I don't think they're going to match me up with anything 😅
That was a smoking deal! Nice

Not sure what MSRP was in 2019 and 2020. But most of the well optioned bighorns I’ve seen are between 52k and 55k. If you guys are getting them for 40k and less that great. Almost 30% off.

Not sure what MSRP was in 2019 and 2020. But most of the well optioned bighorns I’ve seen are between 52k and 55k. If you guys are getting them for 40k and less that great. Almost 30% off.
My old 2020 laramie ( can't believe I'm saying that) was stickered at $56k. Because it was sitting on the lot at the time last year for 6 months I got it for$ 47k.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Big Horn carried much higher incentives than any other trim.

Just leased a 2022 Land Rover Defender 90 S yesterday. Tried to get one before I ordered my Ram but didn’t work out in the end. Anywho, absolutely love it. Selling my ‘21 Ram on Wednesday. Making a profit on it so I’m happy.

View attachment 98943View attachment 98944View attachment 98945
Oh god. I hope you have a reliable second car, because the only thing less reliable than a Rover is anything with an Alpha Romero nameplate.......

Keep your sense of humor... Your neighbors will be placing bets on what color your loner car will be next week.

OP here. So no decision made yet but here's where things are right now. Still at 52,000 for my 2020 Laramie. A new 2022 Laramie order would have MSRP of 63,395 with invoice of 58,482. They would sell to me for 57,700 (difference of 5,700) . Now the 2022 has more on it than my 2020 like 33 gallon tank and Off Road Package. Otherwise the same (minus Blind Spot obviously which does suck).

I think my biggest hang up right now is the new seat charge. Before 2022 the Leather Buckets were part of the night package (maybe even the level B group). So when you added Night to a build, the $1,295 Leather trimmed bucket charge went to $0....because you were now paying for it in the Night package which was $3,495 in 2021. Now, you add the Night package in 2022 (same price of $3,495) and they continue to charge you $1,295 for the Leather trimmed seats! Kinda a joke.

The truck I just built for 2022 has MSRP of 63,395. In 2021 the MSRP was 61,130. The increase of 2,265 seems steep...especially considering 1,295 is a crazy seat charge that should still be included in the night package. If you brake down the night package now...for what we're paying 3,495 ....hmmm. Black badges and side steps..

Guess I will decide tonight.

OP here. So no decision made yet but here's where things are right now. Still at 52,000 for my 2020 Laramie. A new 2022 Laramie order would have MSRP of 63,395 with invoice of 58,482. They would sell to me for 57,700 (difference of 5,700) . Now the 2022 has more on it than my 2020 like 33 gallon tank and Off Road Package. Otherwise the same (minus Blind Spot obviously which does suck).

I think my biggest hang up right now is the new seat charge. Before 2022 the Leather Buckets were part of the night package (maybe even the level B group). So when you added Night to a build, the $1,295 Leather trimmed bucket charge went to $0....because you were now paying for it in the Night package which was $3,495 in 2021. Now, you add the Night package in 2022 (same price of $3,495) and they continue to charge you $1,295 for the Leather trimmed seats! Kinda a joke.

The truck I just built for 2022 has MSRP of 63,395. In 2021 the MSRP was 61,130. The increase of 2,265 seems steep...especially considering 1,295 is a crazy seat charge that should still be included in the night package. If you brake down the night package now...for what we're paying 3,495 ....hmmm. Black badges and side steps..

For me, I would just pull the trigger and do it.

I think that you are close to the max you can get for your trade in. Also, if your trading it in to the same dealer you will place an order. You get a "pre trade in" tax credit for $2-$3k towards the new truck.

Thats what I did yesterday when I traded in my 2020. In a couple of days we will see what kind of changes stelantis will make to all of the platforms, and pricing will become available.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Thinking so too. The difference is 5,700 but the 2022 also has Off Road and 33 gallon. Its 1,285 for those combined. Then two years newer. Also there could be a Laramie incentive of some type before delivery. I will think over a glass of bourbon tonight.

BTW dealer is checking on the seat thing. Hoping it's an early 2022 dealership ordering system glitch. When you build the truck on Nada it takes the 1,295 seat charge off (when you select the Night package). A 2022 build on Nada is exactly 1,295 cheaper than the same build from the dealer on a 2022 so the rest of Nada is accurate.

Big Horn carried much higher incentives than any other trim.
That's what tipped me over the edge. For the extra $4K I probably would have gone the Laramie route but when FCA was offering an extra $5K off a Bighorn I couldn't justify $9K for leather seats, adaptive cruise control, and proximity entry.

If you are going to agonize over what was, what is, and what might be you will drive yourself crazy. I've been there. You can always find something else that you might/might not like to stave off making a decision.

It's all relative. eTorque was a $1200 option when I bought my truck, now it's $200. That has no bearing on things when I was shopping because eTorque was a $1200 option for every new RAM on the lot.

At some point you will have to flip a coin, roll some chicken bones, or pick a number between 1 and 10 to decide.

Last edited:
If you are going to agonize over what was, what is, and what might be you will drive yourself crazy. I've been there. You can always find something else that you might/might not like to stave off making a decision.
True, but you must see my point. I'm not complaining about a price increase in general as that is to be expected each year. It literally seems like a error in the order system. I know when they built a BH for me originally, that too had a seat charge even though one of the packages indicated they were included. It's only happening on the dealer builds from what I can see. Not saying I'm right and or not missing something, just what I'm seeing.

How bad do you want the night package? Me thinks the "blackout" fad will fade away. It's been what 3-4 years or so since peeps have been debadging/blacking out all around. Maybe drop that, get your seats and be happy.

eTorque isn’t even +$200 anymore, now it’s “free”.

$2,295 for the 5.7 Hemi with or without eTorque

Damn…I skipped it because I wasn’t a fan of it..but if it was free, it’s for me.

I wonder how it affects any current users that already placed orders. My 2022 bighorn order does not have the etorque.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Don't do it. You are talking yourself into thinking it's a good deal. You already have what you wanted.

Oh god. I hope you have a reliable second car, because the only thing less reliable than a Rover is anything with an Alpha Romero nameplate.......

Keep your sense of humor... Your neighbors will be placing bets on what color your loner car will be next week.
I’m really not worried about it. You can say that about any car. I love this thing so much, whether it breaks or not. Also, don’t really have neighbors. Not mention, there are so many Range Rovers around here anyways. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back