5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really considering trade in for 2022

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
After seeing some of the Katzkin leather that some users have gotten I wouldn’t think twice of loading up a bighorn and making that the first mod. (If you can option the truck the way you want it )

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How bad do you want the night package? Me thinks the "blackout" fad will fade away. It's been what 3-4 years or so since peeps have been debadging/blacking out all around. Maybe drop that, get your seats and be happy.
Just to be clear, the Night Edition and the Blackout Package are two different things. The Blackout Package was only available on a black truck. The Night Edition is available on pretty much all colors, and is basically a chrome delete package. I've been de-chroming my trucks for at least the last 10 years. I don't see that going away anytime soon, at least for me. I like chrome on classic cars and trucks, but it doesn't belong on modern vehicles IMHO.

deanno33

Reaction score
After seeing some of the Katzkin leather that some users have gotten I wouldn’t think twice of loading up a bighorn and making that the first mod. (If you can option the truck the way you want it )
Very true. I was just looking at that. Look at what you get in the back country package with bighorn for 2,695. This vs basically just black badges and tube steps on the Laramie Night package for 3,495. Then add Katzkins.

1625615721861.png

monkeypunch

Reaction score
OP here. So no decision made yet but here's where things are right now. Still at 52,000 for my 2020 Laramie. A new 2022 Laramie order would have MSRP of 63,395 with invoice of 58,482. They would sell to me for 57,700 (difference of 5,700) . Now the 2022 has more on it than my 2020 like 33 gallon tank and Off Road Package. Otherwise the same (minus Blind Spot obviously which does suck).

I think my biggest hang up right now is the new seat charge. Before 2022 the Leather Buckets were part of the night package (maybe even the level B group). So when you added Night to a build, the $1,295 Leather trimmed bucket charge went to $0....because you were now paying for it in the Night package which was $3,495 in 2021. Now, you add the Night package in 2022 (same price of $3,495) and they continue to charge you $1,295 for the Leather trimmed seats! Kinda a joke.

The truck I just built for 2022 has MSRP of 63,395. In 2021 the MSRP was 61,130. The increase of 2,265 seems steep...especially considering 1,295 is a crazy seat charge that should still be included in the night package. If you brake down the night package now...for what we're paying 3,495 ....hmmm. Black badges and side steps..

Guess I will decide tonight.
$57k pre TTL is basically Limited money. The build in my signature but with the 5.7L etorque was going to be $59770.

monkeypunch

Reaction score

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
$57k pre TTL is basically Limited money. The build in my signature but with the 5.7L etorque was going to be $59770.
Maybe at one time, but a base Limited with no options has an MSRP of over $60k. Good luck finding one that stripped down. A well-optioned Big Horn can easily reach $57k and more.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe at one time, but a base Limited with no options has an MSRP of over $60k. Good luck finding one that stripped down. A well-optioned Big Horn can easily reach $57k and more.
Heres a couple at the dealer I bought from in 2019. I didn't care about 2x or 4x, just price. Also I didn't look at how they are discounting, if you have to bring in a 3 legged albino goat to get the $ off or what.

Last edited by a moderator:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
My Bighorn MSRP was a smidge over $54K...yes, B-i-g-h-o-r-n.

I was talking about sale price. The original post said a Laramie would run him $57k sale price, not MSRP. A Limited can be had for similar money.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In todays business news: https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifesty...d-ram-in-q2-and-the-worst-may-not-be-over-yet

The Ford F-Series was outsold by Ram and Chevy in Q2 and the worst may not be over yet

Longtime sales leader strangled by supply issues

"The Ford F-Series fell from the top of the sales charts in the second quarter of 2021 for the first time in years.

The full-size truck line was outsold by both Ram and Chevrolet to finish in third place.

The F-Series has ended the last 39 years as the best-selling vehicle in the U.S. The last time the F-Series suffered such a blow was when the confluence of a poor economy and high gas prices saw several car models outperform it May 2008.

The ongoing semiconductor shortage was largely to blame. Production of all F-Series models dropped from a monthly high for the year so far of 94,305 in March to 45,008 in June as inventories dwindled from 123,000 to 67,400. Sales through the first half of the year have declined 1.5%..."

It's not that peeps don't like F150's, they do. It's just that Ferd got whamoed by the chip shortage.
GM tried another approach: (from the same article) "...General Motors has taken a different approach to the shortage by removing two fuel-saving systems from certain pickups and SUVs for the rest of the 2021 model year to conserve chips. It also made drastic reductions to car and small SUV output that led to it being outperformed across its brands by Toyota for the quarter."

The article did not say what RAM did (other than what we know, produce a really nice truck).

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was talking about sale price. The original post said a Laramie would run him $57k sale price, not MSRP. A Limited can be had for similar money.
Hahaha...sale price...that's a good one. You might get a stripped down Limited (if you can find one) for that, but no way you're even close to that price if it's loaded. Not in my area anyway.

deanno33

Reaction score
A well-optioned Big Horn can easily reach $57k and more.

Exactly. I was messing around as I'm still working with a dealer to trade. Built this BH on paper. There is so much cross over between trim levels. I'd take this BH over either one of the Limited posted above. In fact I may order it. Dealer is still willing to give me 52k for my 2020 and the price he gave me before rebates on this 2022 BH is 54,800. I believe they can guarantee $1750 in rebates right now, which could get better by the time the truck arrives in approx 10 weeks. So, at worst the BH would be 53,050 and I'd get 52,000 in trade. It's got alot of things my Laramie doesn't although the Laramie has a few more creature comfort items.

BTW, the MSRP is actually 595 higher than shown below because the dealer order system adds in the seat charges in 2022, even though the Night package says they are included. It seems 2022 prices are noticeably higher....oh well.

1625708941237.png

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The Limited in my sig is MSRP $62985 including destination. Only options are 4x4, BUG, and engine heater.

I am getting it for invoice - holdback - penfed - $500 cash back and 0% for 72, and $4k more on my trade than what I paid.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Limited in my sig is MSRP $62985 including destination. Only options are 4x4, BUG, and engine heater.

I am getting it for invoice - holdback - penfed - $500 cash back and 0% for 72, and $4k more on my trade than what I paid.
Congrats on your new truck order. You ordered at a good time, one day before I bought my 2021 Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread