5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really considering trade in for 2022

Serious question: why do you want to trade for a new Big Horn? Is there something wrong with the Laramie? Because you'd get more than you paid for it?

Whatever you get over what you paid for the Laramie will be lost by buying the Big Horn with new prices being so high (i.e no big incentives )right now.

Probably for the same reason everyone else on here’s seems to be doing they see the unusual ridiculous high prices vroom, carvana, autonation and car max seem to be offering for their used vehicles with the shortage. Everyone wants to make an couple extra grand, to bad dealers don’t seem to want to come off MSRP on lot vehicles so it’s not really a screaming deal unless it’s an extra vehicle or you wanting to get into something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you're here for honest answers I'll give you one, and I mean no offense to you or anyone, but that's a bad idea, bad deal, and wouldn't be a smart thing to do.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

New - no miles, 3/36 warranty, better factory AC maybe, UCon 5, can change color if desired & maybe gas tank size? Bed length? Gearing? (How important is that?)
Current - You know the truck, some better options. Has it been reliable? Hows the AC? How much does your wife ride in it?

For me, the truck was the longer trip vehicle so no way would she accept the seating downgrade. If the truck is pretty much yours then that's a non-issue.

I'm not really looking hard at the $, I don't know your sales tax considerations, if you can push the dealer down another 1K, your credit history etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are subtle creature comforts that Big Horn is missing,

You get 8-way power driver seat / manual passenger seat on BH while it’s 12-way power on both driver/passenger in Laramie.

Also the BH’s manual passenger seat doesn’t have 4-way lumbar support that the 12-way power seat does.

The arm rest is rock hard plastic on BH and cushioned on Laramie and rear reclining seats aren’t on BH
I ain't driving it from the passenger seat. They don't like? The bed is a whole lot harder! 👹

I just bought a Bighorn last week. Fabric on the seats is nice but even with the lumbar support, the seats are soft and don’t offer much back support. I ordered 2 full seat cushions with ventilation and massage (plug into cigarette lighter) to firm up the seats.

I just bought a Bighorn last week. Fabric on the seats is nice but even with the lumbar support, the seats are soft and don’t offer much back support. I ordered 2 full seat cushions with ventilation and massage (plug into cigarette lighter) to firm up the seats.
My Big Horn bucket seats are pretty comfortable!

Serious question: why do you want to trade for a new Big Horn? Is there something wrong with the Laramie? Because you'd get more than you paid ?

It was really just the numbers they gave me for trade....thought I could maybe order and get exactly what I wanted. But, not really. Even if I traded for another Laramie ( if price was right) you can't get blind spot on a Laramie right now. But you can on a Big Horn....crazy.

Appreciate all the comments. From here we'll see how bad they want my truck. Otherwise I'll keep it.

I know in the current market we are not getting 20% bellow msrp like in the past. I think where I'm landing after advice from folks on this forum is offering to deal at 1% below invoice. That would be 56'700 on a 2022 Laramie with msrp of 62,100. If they did that, with a trade on my 2020 for 52,000, I'd feel good. Two years newer and I get things I wanted like ORG, 33 gallon tank, non etorque engine, etc. Then, hope there is additional incentives when the truck arrives. My 2020 is paid off but I'd totally finance the difference through Ram for additional money off. We'll see what they say. Thanks again everyone!

If you're here for honest answers I'll give you one, and I mean no offense to you or anyone, but that's a bad idea, bad deal, and wouldn't be a smart thing to do.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Yep. Your paying more money for a lesser truck. Keep yours and buy an extended warranty from Zeigler.

Don’t know about you guys, but I’m trading in my 20 Laramie for a 22 bighorn but with the back country package.

I do love the luxury with led headlights/tail lights and leather seats (it has the Laramie level 1 package) but I’m not into all of that fancy leather.

With the 2022 bighorn horn level 2 package, I can get rambox and pano sunroof which I never had and are bigger sticking points for me. When you compare msrp between the 20 Laramie and the 22 big horn back country, it’s actually a couple thousand cheaper, plus I get features I want.

Perfectly fine with not having leather seats, and led headlights and tail lights..that is pretty much the only thing I’m missing in the bighorn I ordered….but that’s my thinking.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Could you share which seat cushions you ordered?
Thanks

By the way, I'm an idiot. I meant the new Big Horn MSRP was 58,145, discounted to 56,000...so 54, 250 after the 1750 rebate. (3,895 off MSRP). if there are better incentives when it's delivered, you get the better ones. Also I guess there's a 1000 if you finance through Ram. If so, brings it down to 4,895 off MSRP. Still not the discounts of old, but considering the trade of 52,000, its not terrible. I'd be going from a 2020 Laramie to a 2022 Big Horn for $1250 . Just need to decide if I want to take the step back...although the Big Horn can be done up pretty well with blind spot, LEDs, Alpine, etc.

I really didn't know some of the things mentioned above though. I thought the armrest were padded in the Big Horn. I've only been in a Built to Serve Big Horn and it was padded...but it also had stitched dash, fender flairs, etc....it's a Laramie 'like' Big Horn. I knew Big Horn passenger seat was manual but also figure the drivers seat was as adjustable as Laramie....guess not. Cooled seats I don' t care about in WI. Had them in my last three truck and doubt they were ever turned on.
$54k for a bh? Holy sh_t ! I paid $40k for a loaded bh 1 yr ago !!!! And yes the bh has a nice padded leather or maybe fake leather armrest.

Ehhh depends if your happy with your current truck I would keep it. Going from a Laramie to a Big horn and still sticking with a 1500 I wouldn’t want to lose the few creature comforts like leather, proxy sensors, ventilated seats, etc. I may be mistaken but I remember that being one of the difference between a loaded big horn and Laramie level 1 when I was shopping around and looking to order.

I have proximity sensors front & rear in my BH. And the leather seats in the Laramie is fake leather btw. Need a limited or Longhorns tonget real leather seats.

We all have different preferences and priorities, but even in wisconsin i am loving the ventilated seats. Mine are on every day in the summer. Doesnt bother me in the least if the surface isnt real leather. Its ventilated! I am just generally a warm blooded person and get uncomfortably hot and sweat easily. The laramie seats are a godsend, especially with subpar ac performance.

Reading through these responses I can't flippin believe how much trucks are selling for right now. Absolutely INSANE !! $15,000 more than I paid 1 year later. If I was u dude, I'd sell your truck & buy a Prius!! 😂🤣

I have proximity sensors front & rear in my BH. And the leather seats in the Laramie is fake leather btw. Need a limited or Longhorns tonget real leather seats.

Came with proximity sensors from factory or did you add them later on? Of course I know you can add them on later on. Correction fake leather lol well vinyl but still feels pretty damn close to leather without going into the limited trim. Really wish they offer leather (vinyl) on the big horns from the factory without having to go BTS edition.

Came with proximity sensors from factory or did you add them later on? Of course I know you can add them on later on. Correction fake leather lol well vinyl but still feels pretty damn close to leather without going into the limited trim. Really wish they offer leather (vinyl) on the big horns from the factory without having to go BTS edition.

Yes came with front & rear proximity sensors when u get the BH level 2 package.

$54k for a bh? Holy sh_t ! I paid $40k for a loaded bh 1 yr ago !!!! And yes the bh has a nice padded leather or maybe fake leather armrest.
Considering substantial dealer discounts with a lot better manufacturer rebates "back then", yes one could have received a better deal "last year".

$54K would more likely been the sticker price, w/o any discounts or rebates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back