5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really considering trade in for 2022

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a new 2020 Laramie Sport 1500 4X4, did a few mods to it, kept it for about 7 months and decided I just liked the lines on a 2017 Sport better. I know I gave up some technology going backwards, but.......

I was fortunate enough to fund a 2017 RAM 1500 4X4 Sport with really low miles for a reasonable price! Of course now I could sell, because used trucks are bringing stupid money due to the chip shortage, but replace it wit what? I would love to have a 392 in a 1500 Sport !!!!! Just saying....

One of the things I missed the most was the LED Head Lights on the 2020, I fixed this by installing Morimoto XB LED Head Lights on my 2017 Sport. This is a great mod.

Additional Mods: K&N 63 Series Performance Intake, PedalMax Throttle JMS Chip, Custom 3" Exhaust with Magnaflow 14" muffler and 4.5" Finishers. (This is a nice deep aggressive sound) Front Leveling Kit and deleted some emblems and changed what was left to Black.

I know this doesn't really help your post, just felt like sharing..............

Yeah…I’ve been going back and forth about the led headlights….should I just bite the bullet and pay extra for factory ones, or just replace the bulbs on the halogens.

I have time to figure it all out once I get my 2022 bighorn.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So wait...what about those that already placed an order? I can't just believe that the price doubled overnight.

If the VIN for your build has generated a window sticker with the old price your good.

If the VIN for your build hasn’t generated a window sticker then you’ll get hit with the new price.

It’s up to the individual dealer if they want to eat the cost.

BNeal

Reaction score
So, I'm considering trading my 21 Limited for a 22 Limited 10th Anniversary. I got a quote from Mark Dodge on the new vehicle, and I'm happy with their numbers, but they said they can't give me an amount on my trade. This is the reply I received: “I’d have to wait until his truck is built or 30-45 days out. The Carfax on this one (trade in) makes it really tough. There isn’t an appraisal book out for NADA on it yet, so that also makes it near impossible.”

My truck was hit a few months back, so it has a dirty carfax. But still sounds odd that I can't get an offer.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I'm considering trading my 21 Limited for a 22 Limited 10th Anniversary. I got a quote from Mark Dodge on the new vehicle, and I'm happy with their numbers, but they said they can't give me an amount on my trade. This is the reply I received: “I’d have to wait until his truck is built or 30-45 days out. The Carfax on this one (trade in) makes it really tough. There isn’t an appraisal book out for NADA on it yet, so that also makes it near impossible.”

My truck was hit a few months back, so it has a dirty carfax. But still sounds odd that I can't get an offer.

It hard to give a trade in price on current model year because there aren’t many being run at auction. Plus prices 8 weeks from now can be very different

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Should be more Ferd's hitting the dealers lots (maybe) in a few weeks:
"Ford is considering the unusual step of sending new vehicles without all of their semiconductor chips installed to dealers, who will complete their assembly when the parts become available, Automotive News reports." (From an article dated 7-16)

Hot mike moment:
GM to Service Mngr - "Get those lot boys who have nothing to do installing them there chips."
SM back to GM - "Great idea boss, what could go wrong?"

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be more Ferd's hitting the dealers lots (maybe) in a few weeks:
"Ford is considering the unusual step of sending new vehicles without all of their semiconductor chips installed to dealers, who will complete their assembly when the parts become available, Automotive News reports." (From an article dated 7-16)

Hot mike moment:
GM to Service Mngr - "Get those lot boys who have nothing to do installing them there chips."
SM back to GM - "Great idea boss, what could go wrong?"
I was just reading that article. That would suck to get some features removed from your car...just to sell GM cars.

Ford, is filling their lots into cars with missing chips and its just sitting.

Yeah I know it sucks that we have to wait for a long time, but at least we will have some fully functional cars and trucks with stuff that we want in it.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Users who are viewing this thread