5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really considering trade in for 2022

We all have different preferences and priorities, but even in wisconsin i am loving the ventilated seats. Mine are on every day in the summer. Doesnt bother me in the least if the surface isnt real leather. Its ventilated! I am just generally a warm blooded person and get uncomfortably hot and sweat easily. The laramie seats are a godsend, especially with subpar ac performance.

Agreed, not sure what being further up north has to do with not using the ventilated seats. It still gets 100+ degrees up here during summer, and even when it's 70-80 the interior obviously is still getting well over 100 degrees. And especially with leather or faux leather, I don't understand having a piping hot seat when you could have a nice cool one. Still waiting on the cooled steering wheel for the same reasoning.

Hell I even use my cooled seats during winter sometimes, if we are on a longer trip and get 5-6 hours in I can start to get hot in the seat. Guess I run a little hot as well.

Agreed, not sure what being further up north has to do with not using the ventilated seats. It still gets 100+ degrees up here during summer, and even when it's 70-80 the interior obviously is still getting well over 100 degrees. And especially with leather or faux leather, I don't understand having a piping hot seat when you could have a nice cool one. Still waiting on the cooled steering wheel for the same reasoning.

Hell I even use my cooled seats during winter sometimes, if we are on a longer trip and get 5-6 hours in I can start to get hot in the seat. Guess I run a little hot as well.
I'm definitely in the minority on the Ventilated Seats. First time having it in my current laramie, and is a nice feature, but if I can give it up, and get a rambox or sunroof and not pay extra, would do it in a heart beat

Some folks also have in their list of must haves are leather seats. I've had them in several cars, including my current ram, and again...I would trade it in for another option.

When I custom ordered. 2016 charger scat pack, I only had 2 must haves...6.4 hemi and a sunroof. I've been perfectly happy with that for the last 6 years. This time around...my must have is the pano roof and rambox.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

I'm definitely in the minority on the Ventilated Seats. First time having it in my current laramie, and is a nice feature, but if I can give it up, and get a rambox or sunroof and not pay extra, would do it in a heart beat

Some folks also have in their list of must haves are leather seats. I've had them in several cars, including my current ram, and again...I would trade it in for another option.

When I custom ordered. 2016 charger scat pack, I only had 2 must haves...6.4 hemi and a sunroof. I've been perfectly happy with that for the last 6 years. This time around...my must have is the pano roof and rambox.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

I hear ya there, in terms of must haves the ventilated seats were something I had wanted for several years before I got them in my last Ram. Leather seats aren't really that important to me but the overall comfort/creature comforts for our long road trips is mostly why I've been going with the higher trim levels my last few trucks. Prior to that I had 2 regular cab sports that I loved because they were still pretty nice but a lot sportier and fun to drive. Those days are gone though, in a good way since I need the backseat for family requirements so I'm certainly not complaining. And I guess since they don't make a 5th gen regular cab I would probably be going to the crew cab by now anyways.

Pano roof was one of my must haves as well on this truck but also another important reason for me to have the cooled seats. I do my best to close the shade when I know it's going to be hotter but either way it's nice to remote start and get in there nice and cool (just need that cooled wheel now too!). Love the big sunroof though and really look forward to it during the colder months for letting all of that extra light in.

So true! Different likes for everyone. When I bought my truck my must have were color white, 12” screen(just like the way they look), I know I don’t use all the features and 5.7 hemi non etorque

Wait until the mid-cycle refresh, otherwise the current changes aren't enough. Hopefully by then, their shortages will be lower and the price premiums will drop, getting you a better deal in a more updated truck.

Reading through these responses I can't flippin believe how much trucks are selling for right now. Absolutely INSANE !! $15,000 more than I paid 1 year later. If I was u dude, I'd sell your truck & buy a Prius!!
His quote is more than I paid for a 2021 night edition Laramie 4 months ago. That's why I say don't do it! Things will come back around to normal, and this glamorous new truck in his eyes right now will lose its value as fast everything gained its value. Only thing good about the market right now is if you want to sell, and can get by without for awhile until things straighten back out. If not then just keep what you have in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

I'm with you fuzz. The only way I'm making a deal today is if I get the 52,000 trade and 56,000 on a new Laramie (msrp 62,100). I doubt it will happen since their initial quote is 59,500. If they do, two years newer and options I want would totally be worth the difference. Again I'm willing to give them my truck to sell now vs waiting. Since they have no Laramie trucks on the lot, that should be a little incentive. The trucks they do have are basically going at msrp (less incentives)...according to them. Based on that, maybe they make 1-2k on my trade in today's market. And they make a little on the new sale to me. We'll see.

I get what you're saying about the glamorous new truck depreciating once the market turns. That's obviously true, but it will still be worth more than the difference I'm paying to swap (over the 2020 I'd be trading).

I also wonder if we'll ever really see the discounts of the past again. People will keep buying trucks.

So I finally sold my 2020 ram 1500 laramie to the dealer that I ordered my new truck with.

I was going back and forth with the dealer and I held out due to competitive pricing from other places and we were able to negotiate a fair price. This also gives me the $3k tax break.

2020 ram 1500 laramie. It's just a level 1 package with the tow group.

Msrp when I purchased it in October was $56k (obviously this was not what I paid for)

Now the waiting game of waiting for my 2022 to arrive.

Considering substantial dealer discounts with a lot better manufacturer rebates "back then", yes one could have received a better deal "last year".

$54K would more likely been the sticker price, w/o any discounts or rebates.
He said $58k was sticker. $54k was after all the discounts.

His quote is more than I paid for a 2021 night edition Laramie 4 months ago. That's why I say don't do it! Things will come back around to normal, and this glamorous new truck in his eyes right now will lose its value as fast everything gained its value. Only thing good about the market right now is if you want to sell, and can get by without for awhile until things straighten back out. If not then just keep what you have in my opinion.

This may be the new normal. Just like houses. These prices might be here to stay depending on who u talk to.

It will be interesting to see where it goes from here...I'm glad I got my order in back in March and was still able to get 16% off msrp with 0% interest. Could be better but still pretty good, throw in getting over 8k extra for my last truck by the time my order was being built a few months later and I came out pretty good. Barring the unforeseen I'm hoping to have this truck for 4 years but I'll be watching the truck market the whole time I'm sure.

This may be the new normal. Just like houses. These prices might be here to stay depending on who u talk to.
You might be right, but even if you are the trade number will still look good in a year from now. So it still makes more sense to me to wait it out. Just my opinion.

Bighorn Level 2 package is simply awesome.
Cloth seats are some of the most comfy seats I’ve ever sat in.. I dont get the fascination with leather, other than it looks premium.
I think what I do like the most on the Laramie is proxy entry, wish the BH had that.
Other than that, love my BH! (And the price I paid for a loaded one in 2019.. $38,700.)

The only way they'd get me to trade my truck would be to give me the same model, same color, same options but in a 2022 model; I paid $36750 for a 19 Bighorn 4x4 crew cab, north package, tow package, level 2, spray liner bed, and some other stuff I can't even remember now, then put a $2k color matched Leer cap on the back. I have 20k on the truck. So yeah, I don't think they're going to match me up with anything 😅

Bighorn Level 2 package is simply awesome.
Cloth seats are some of the most comfy seats I’ve ever sat in.. I dont get the fascination with leather, other than it looks premium.
I think what I do like the most on the Laramie is proxy entry, wish the BH had that.
Other than that, love my BH! (And the price I paid for a loaded one in 2019.. $38,700.)
I agree. I can't stand the suede inserted on the Laramie fake leather seats. Only thing I miss is the keyless entry. Sucks pulling out your fob when both hands are full carrying something from a store. U got a better deal than me. I paid $40,200 in April of 2020. Can't believe these trucks are selling for over $50k now & people are actually buying them. Ripoff !!!!

Nice looking car. Damn dude, you change cars more often than most people change underwear!
Yeah, he even out did me on this one. What was it, maybe 4 months? I think the shortest I ever had a new car was about 6 months (twice). But I didn't make a profit on those mistakes LOL. Congrats on the new ride Royalist! Now you gonna be Royalist_Rover? :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back