5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readylift 3.5" kit on Offroad Package

Mongo228

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing your results!

That makes two of us! The wheels/tires/level kit/calibrator are all on order. Current plan is to get everything installed next Monday. Calibrator should be here between next Monday and that Wednesday. I will post pics as soon as I get them.

r_pittman47

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am in need of some assistance. I am considering a lift for my 2020 RAM w/o air. I would like to lift my truck about 3-4 inches so the ReadyLift sounds pretty good. What I want is to put 35" tires and 17" wheels on. Sounds like that is too small of a wheel as I haven't seen anyone doing this size. Can someone give me any clarity on that? Also, as the bed of the truck is holding a 1200 lb Overland Explorer Camp X slide-in truck camper, I need to be able to install AirLift bags inside the springs (as we currently are doing with the stock truck). Does this pose any issues? Can this still be done? I am assuming so. This is the truck over the weekend finishing up Shafer Trail in Moab (with the camper on top).

To answer your questions.. I will first start out by saying that no, 17s are not going to fit on the 5th Gen. The smallest rims that you can mount are 18s, and even some 18s are a hit or miss depending on how they were cast. Lots of people seem to have no issues with the Fuel Offroad 18s. If you want to safely lift your Rebel 3-4 inches, and do some offroading this is probably not the kit for you. The Rebel already has a 1" lift so adding 3.5" of lift to this with no differential drop wouldn't be the best idea. Personally I would only go 2.5" on top of the Rebel, with aftermarket UCA's. It may be cheaper for you to piece together your own lift, Buy the Ready Lift UCA's and maybe buy a 2" or 2.5" top hat spacer to go along with it. Then you can add a rear spacer to gain however much lift or rake you want. I have a 1" rear Daystar Poly spacer in the rear of mine and yes I also have Airlift 1000 HD bags. You can also get 1.5" rear spacers or 2" rear spacers depending on how you want the truck to sit. And last fitting 35s on seems to be a bit harder on the 5th gen compared to the 4th gen with only a level. Lots of people have it done but the biggest thing is going with the right offset. Stick with a 9" wide 0 offset or as close to factory as you can if you don't want any rubbing. If you stay with the factory wheels or wheels with the same offset, you may need a 1/4" wheel spacer to clear the UCA's depending on how aggressive the tire is.

Truck1

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel. I m getting the Readylift 3.5” lift. The front center of the hub to wheel well measurement is right at 22” to
22 1/4” depending on the surface. Would you go with the strut spacer or just leave it out?

Tmburner

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram and installed the 3.5 Readylift with 1200 miles. It honestly was very harsh over bumps, this week end I removed the pre load spacer and installed Bilstein 5100 at #6 OMG what a difference. No more noises, bangs pops and it rides like heaven.

r_pittman47

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel. I m getting the Readylift 3.5” lift. The front center of the hub to wheel well measurement is right at 22” to
22 1/4” depending on the surface. Would you go with the strut spacer or just leave it out?

Personally I would not install a 3.5” leveling kit to a Rebel or Off-Road Package. You already have 1” of lift. You would be sitting at 4.5” of lift with no modifications to the cross member or diff. Lots of people do it but it’s just my opinion. I would leave the other spacer off. Lots of people also complain about the ride. They tend to go with Bilsteins after. You could always pick of a set of Bilsteins, and just buy a set of aftermarket UCA’s.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with the above poster. This is why I created this thread. The Rebels and the ORP trucks probably should not have the full 3.5” lift on the front. This is the reason I did not install the preload spacer from the ready lift.

recon15

Reaction score
Rammit, what height do your 35's actual measure out too? I heard that the the 25x12.50 ridge grapplers measure out about 34".

Mongo228

Reaction score
Ok, just got my baby home from the shop. I am MOST pleased. Here's the low-down:

MaxTrac 3" Front x 1.5" Rear Leveling Kit
KMC XD778 Monster 20x9 +18 Wheels
Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 35x11.50x20

There was a total of 4" of increased height, taking her up to 81". I'm glad it was only 4! She has 1" room to spare getting into my garage. It's that blasted shark fin antenna that I forget about.

At any rate, there has been no rubbing, not even turning up into my driveway, which was a bit of a concern. 12.50s might have been a bit too wide and rubbed, but the 11.50s do just fine, and look pretty good on the truck, too.

PS - recon15, the tires I got, before mounting, were at 34.76" ... haven't measured mounted yet ... need to before I try to calibrate my speedometer.

Attachments

• Bertha New Treads Front.jpg
    Bertha New Treads Front.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Bertha New Treads Side.jpg
    Bertha New Treads Side.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 199

Mongo228

Reaction score
Ok, update time.

The Hypertech calibrator did its job quite well. The instructions leave a bit to be desired (like on WHERE to find the connection blocks, and not needing to pull them out), but things worked out. I made sure to get a good measurement of the tires up front. Plugging in that measurement got the speedometer calibrated just about perfectly; it matches up with Waze GPS-tracked speed.

The tires ... Ridge Grappler 35x11.50x20s. Making sure I got a solid measurement on the center line of the tire, they came out to be 33 9/16" at 45 PSI. Basically, I used a level at the tallest point on the tire, and measured to the bottom of the level. I need to check the tires for recommended inflation; for some reason, I'm thinking they're supposed to be at 50 PSI.

The shop did an excellent job, even provided me with a loaner while they worked on my vehicle.

I have run into one issue - the TPMS units in the tires. I kept my old wheels/tires, and the OEM TPMS were left in them. The new shoes got programmable aftermarket units, set to 433 MHz. The sensors in the wheel wells are having a helluva time picking them up. I'd put over 80 miles on them on the highway in an effort to get them working. I was up to 3, and was on my way to the shop to get a manual re-learn done when two of the three dropped. The shop tried wireless relearning without success. They tried the OBDII wired re-programming, which also failed. So, I ordered some more OEM units from Mopar. I'll get those put in and see if they help. If THAT doesn't work, then I'll be left with only one conclusion: the new wheels are presenting too much interference. More to come on this.

NH_Ram

Reaction score
Great update, I've read of many TPMS problems on here so I went with OEM right from the start.

Mongo228

Reaction score
I hadn't read about too many problems, but it seems those posts are a bit scattered. My new units should be here tomorrow. I'll probably head to the shop on Monday to get them put in (providing AZ hasn't gone into complete lock down by then).

Mongo228

Reaction score
Ok, so ... the new TPMS units were put in today. They had to force a re-learn, but things are now normal.

Note to anyone with a 5th Gen ... go with OEM TPMS sensors right from the get go if you need to replace them!

cut3000

Reaction score
I wanted to get some more information out as I have done some research on this and there is a lot of confusion on this subject. I purchased a Readylift 3.5" SST lift kit for my 2019 Ram Laramie Sport with off road package. The kit says it fits all Ram 1500's except ones with the air suspension. This may not be the case. I had my already dropped off to the 4WD shop to start the lift when I came across some information on this sight. I was given some good information from another member here that made me hold up the install so I can talk directly to Readylift.
I contacted Readylifts technical service department as soon as they opened. Readylift was very easy to get a hold of, as I talked to them three different times in under an hour. I appreciated the technical support.
I was told that they just recently installed this kit on a customer's truck with the offroad package and that it fit without any issues. They assured me that it should work on the offroad pkg trucks just fine, but then asked me to verify the dimension from the center of the wheel to the wheel well opening. If this distance exceeds 22" then they recommended that I do not install the pre-load spacer into the strut. I measured mine and it was 23.25" (this was after they claimed the truck they had in the shop was only 22"). As a result, I did not have the pre-load spacer installed. All other parts were used.
My truck with the offroad package was taller than I thought it would be and truly has a 1" lift from the factory. I have a few pics that I'll attach for reference of before and after the lift, as well as what the half shaft angle looks. The truck still has the stock tires and wheels, which will not be on after today. Here's a quick recap

* If your truck has more than 22" from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel well opening, DO NOT INSTALL THE PRE-LOAD SPACER. My truck measured 23.25"
* All other components can be used.
* This basically gives you a 2" lift in the front and a 2" lift in the rear. Your rake will still be present
* My truck stance measures (with factory tires). Measurement shown is from ground to the wheel well opening:

Stock Front : 38"
Stock Rear: 40"
Lifted Front: 39.5"-40" Everytime I measure, it seems slightly different ( this is without the preload spacer installed)
Lifted Rear: 41.75"

The truck rides completely like stock and the rake is tolerable to me. I could always put a smaller rear spacer in to level out more.
I was happy with the feedback from Readylift but very disappointed that they do not have this information readily available or listed on their website. I am also disappointed that I purchased a full kit and could not use it. They also are unwilling to credit me anything back for the unused pre-load spacer. Overall, It still is a good kit and the truck looks and rides great. I hope this helps anyone else in the same situation.
This post is very helpful, thank you. I also have the ORP. I had one question... do you think using a 1.5“ rear spacer instead of the kit spacer would get closer to level. Particularly this: https://www.americantrucks.com/moto...6gxe8D940osa5EYbvGRoCdTcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This post is very helpful, thank you. I also have the ORP. I had one question... do you think using a 1.5“ rear spacer instead of the kit spacer would get closer to level. Particularly this: https://www.americantrucks.com/moto...6gxe8D940osa5EYbvGRoCdTcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Yes I think the 1-1/2” spacer would be good and the truck would be closer to level. The ready lift is 2” in the back. Using the 1-1/2” rear and not using the front preload spacer would result in a more level look.

DaMaestro25

Reaction score
So here it is 2019 Ram Rebel. 3.5” readylift, tonneau, fuel anza 20/9 wheels, 34” BFG KO 2s, NFab side steps
How has your ready lift kit and wheels held up? I am installing the same lift to my truck and would like your opinion about the preload spacer?

PROJO

Reaction score
I agree with the above poster. This is why I created this thread. The Rebels and the ORP trucks probably should not have the full 3.5” lift on the front. This is the reason I did not install the preload spacer from the ready lift.

How does the appearance look without the preloaded spacer?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does the appearance look without the preloaded spacer?
I think it looks great. There is still a bit of rake but tolerable and doesn’t look nose high when towing.

Attachments

• 4E1AC65A-89B7-4857-81FD-A68855097E76.jpeg
    4E1AC65A-89B7-4857-81FD-A68855097E76.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 0883488F-1677-4215-B65E-52052A085F6C.jpeg
    0883488F-1677-4215-B65E-52052A085F6C.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 135

Bcryan

Reaction score
I created a thread in the modification forum but here’s some pics
So what is the White Truck stitting at? Cold be the picture but it looks like I sits higher. Nice truck, like the silver and black

PROJO

Reaction score
Appreciate everyone's feedback. Readylift told me measure from the center of the front wheel to the fender and the same for the back. Add the 3.5 to the front # and 2 to the back and there is your answer. I was just seeking real life results to date.

Did you keep the 2” spacers on the rear of your truck, from the 3.5” readylift? I removed the preloaded spacer and it has a lower front now compared to the rear. Would the 2.5” spacer from motofab fix the rake, with the 2” rear readylift spacer still installed?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what is the White Truck stitting at? Cold be the picture but it looks like I sits higher. Nice truck, like the silver and black
My white truck was a 2010 with a 4” rough country lift. Both trucks were almost identical heights.

Users who are viewing this thread