5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readylift 3.5" kit on Offroad Package

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger for the readylift kit. Plan on going with Bilsteins in lieu of preload spacer with the ORP springs.

I noticed the places that have the kit for under $700 has dropped. Only Amazon and Walmart now. There were about 5 different sellers last week.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger for the readylift kit. Plan on going with Bilsteins in lieu of preload spacer with the ORP springs.

I noticed the places that have the kit for under $700 has dropped. Only Amazon and Walmart now. There were about 5 different sellers last week.
Post some pics when you get it on

ImageX

Reaction score

Yes, please share. I think I am going to go with just the 2“ ReadyLift Control Arms with the top hat spacer and some adjustable Bilsteins and maybe set them to lift an additional .5-1”. Then figure out what size spacer I need for the rear. 👍 Let us know how it went and share some pics.👍

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So on my truck, this kit would work but I'd need to leave the preload spacer out and only use the spacer that bolts to the top of the strut assembly?

what about the rear...does it have plates to install on the bump stop perches so that the distance from the bump stop to the pad stays the same?

Walter Stiles

Reaction score
If you have the off road package, yes, it is recommend to not use the preloaded spacers. Kit comes with two plates for the rear to keep that distance the same.

ImageX

Reaction score
Thanks for reply.

There are two kits.
69-1921 ‘2” level’ for UCA and top hat
69-1935 ‘3.5” lift’ for UCA, top hat, preload spacer and rear spacers.

I’m just curious if the top hats from both kits are identical as I’m planning on lifting with 5100s and top spacer and UCA. If so, I don’t need rear spacer or preload and can save ~$200 if they’re the same.
They are the same. Why use the top hat when you can just lift with the 5100s? If you want even more by adding top hat.... then you’ll likely need rear spacers.

Ccm12

Reaction score

We’re you able to confirm the top hats were identical for both kits. I called them with the idea of just buying the kit with the top hat and then setting the 5100 and the person only said “we can’t comment on if that will work on not”. I asked how preloading with spacer was different than preloading with 5100 and just got some rambling about it “not being tested”.

Ccm12

Reaction score
They are the same. Why use the top hat when you can just lift with the 5100s? If you want even more by adding top hat.... then you’ll likely need rear spacers.
By using the top hat you could get to 3.5 which isn’t possible just on the bilsteins right?

Highertechnology

Reaction score
By using the top hat you could get to 3.5 which isn’t possible just on the bilsteins right?

Correct.

Edit: you get 2.6 w/o ORP or technically 3” with ORP with only bilsteins, including ORP springs.

a6661ed9b11983294370c2ab2134ee02.jpg

ImageX

Reaction score
Sure, you could add a top hat spacer to the Bilsteins and put them on setting #5 to get to 3.5”. Then, you’d probably want to add control arms as well. As mentioned, you can only get an additional 2” with the Bilsteins alone.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
None. My tires will slightly rub the inner wheel liner on full lock in reverse but not enough to worry about. If I had to do it again, I would go with a zero offset wheel. Mine are +18. This would allow them to stick out slightly more and alleviate the running. I was trying to keep them in as much as possible to not sling rocks and debris down the sides

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but why is people buying and paying for the readylift kits and know they can’t use the preload spacer and buying the bilsteins and swapping them out when technically ur only getting a 2” lift not using the preload when u can pay just a little more for mopar 2” lift that has control arms and fox upgraded shocks which in my opinion is a better shock than bilstein, nothing against bilstein they’re a great shock too, I just think the foxs ride better, and u still maintain your warranty?

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but why is people buying and paying for the readylift kits and know they can’t use the preload spacer and buying the bilsteins and swapping them out when technically ur only getting a 2” lift not using the preload when u can pay just a little more for mopar 2” lift that has control arms and fox upgraded shocks which in my opinion is a better shock than bilstein, nothing against bilstein they’re a great shock too, I just think the foxs ride better, and u still maintain your warranty?

I've seen the Readylift kit for like $600ish bucks. I thought the Mopar kit was $1,500?

Adamram

Reaction score
I have 2021 Dodge Ram 1500(non off-road kit) I installed the 3.5 ready lift as is and had a problem with the front struts stopping out and knocking. I have no idea why. I liked the look bit also my front was 1in higher then the rear so my first step was to take out the top spacer bc it was east to remove and my front end dropped and now I have a 1 in rack from front to back and the ride is good. So I ordered the 5100 struts (front and back ) and they will be here this week and I’m going to be on steaming them but still leaving out the top spacer bc I can make that back up with the pin settings on the struts. I’m not sure what I should steer with bc I still have the 2in preload spacer in (2in) with the stock struts.
Like I said the ride is good now and I should leave it but I was told it would be a better ride with the 5100. I’m not sure why I was having problems with the preload and too spacer so maybe someone else can explain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I've seen the Readylift kit for like $600ish bucks. I thought the Mopar kit was $1,500?

You are correct. Big difference for some people. You can just go with the 2” mopar but some people want the 3.5”. Unfortunately from what people have said no truck is alike and even some non orp trucks are exceeding the limit on the 3.5” and still require the top hat being removed. Kind of redundant. Then you toss in the motofab 2.5” front and back to whatever rake you like. Price is a factor and then you have another problem. I keep hearing the bilsteins is the way to go for a quick improvement to ride and a 2” level. Not bad. Im personally going to try the moto fab for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amrit0089

Reaction score
Mine rides great on and off road . I originally put on anza 20/9 with 34/11.5 BFG tires but I hated the look and the ride. I switched the tires for GY wrangler duratracs 35/12.5 and love it!!!
New to this forum just got my 21 rebel thinking to go with the readylift 3.5 a lot of mixed reviews just wanna know from you how it’s holding up for you until now and did you use the preload spacer or not thanks.

Rlandon

Reaction score
I bought my 2021 Laramie 1500 4x4 with the Off-Road package used with 3600 miles from a Texas Dodge dealership. It had the SST kit and 295/60/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires already installed, one of the main reasons I bought the truck. I liked the stance and the fact it was done and wouldn't have to do it out of my pocket. It does not have the front top coil billet spacer so essentially it's the 2" kit plus a few extras. The tires measure out at 34.7" so almost a 35x12 tire. I'm guessing it's over the 22" measurement also, so after reading this post now I understand (possibly) why the spacer was not used. Rides perfect and couldn't be happier with it.

Users who are viewing this thread