5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox (only) Tonneau

cjmst23

Reaction score
Good info. I need to somehow have the ability to load a 48" wide ATV into the bed when I go on solo trips. I'm cutting it close, might not even work.
So if someone does not order the BUG, can they not have a BakFlip installed?
I believe that is correct.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you referring to the safe in the picture, your new rails, or mx4 covers to the rest of us?

cjmst23

Reaction score
Ha ha....yep, lots going on.
for this thread I was referring to the Lock'er Down safe in the pic. They should be shipping out to all of us starting Friday.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Ha ha....yep, lots going on.
for this thread I was referring to the Lock'er Down safe in the pic. They should be shipping out to all of us starting Friday.
Geez, my bad all... I just realized that I posted this in the wrong thread. I'll update on mx4 and rails when I hear back from BAK (get it?) probably on Monday.

Welfare357

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of an Retrax installed on a RamBox?

stevetom84

Reaction score
Slick, but having to use a seperate key is a deal breaker for me

I was originally leaning towards a RetraxProMX, but the separate key and canister has me shying away from that option. The nearly $2000 price tag doesn't help either.

Right now I'm considering the Bak RevolverX4, but I'm waiting a bit to see if there are any kinks that need to be worked out with early adopters.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I was originally leaning towards a RetraxProMX, but the separate key and canister has me shying away from that option. The nearly $2000 price tag doesn't help either.

Right now I'm considering the Bak RevolverX4, but I'm waiting a bit to see if there are any kinks that need to be worked out with early adopters.
I originally ordered the Revolver Rx4, but then "flipped" to the Bakflip MX4 for 2 reasons.....the Rx4 needs to be fully opened or fully closed and BAK sent me an Mx4 for FREE if I volunteered to be a test dummy. That obviously sealed the deal.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
I originally ordered the Revolver Rx4, but then "flipped" to the Bakflip MX4 for 2 reasons.....the Rx4 needs to be fully opened or fully closed and BAK sent me an Mx4 for FREE if I volunteered to be a test dummy. That obviously sealed the deal.
Any updates on the MX4 new hardware?

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
Good info. I need to somehow have the ability to load a 48" wide ATV into the bed when I go on solo trips. I'm cutting it close, might not even work.
So if someone does not order the BUG, can they not have a BakFlip installed?
RAMBOX is a three part system 1 Boxes 2 Rails 3 Divider check your owners manual, so if you ordered rambox you have rails, or should. The rails also come with BUG, but BUG a waste with RAMBOX, all it adds is the step which you can buy for less than the cost of BUG

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
RAMBOX is a three part system 1 Boxes 2 Rails 3 Divider check your owners manual, so if you ordered rambox you have rails, or should. The rails also come with BUG, but BUG a waste with RAMBOX, all it adds is the step which you can buy for less than the cost of BUG
I got the BUG per my signature. No step included with the BUG either (I am not alone)

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Any update on the mx4?

surfingcrna

Reaction score
What are the better places to order the MX4 at? Haven't ordered anything this size before. Like Sharp Truck or where? Thanks,

cjmst23

Reaction score
Drum roll please....................received the new MX4 today with updated rails.

Installed in 30 minutes (and that was with taking detailed pics to send back to BAK).

Rails slide right in and tighten down in 4 places with a set screw and block that engages the bed utility rails. Super simple.

Fits great!
Looks great!
Operation is very familiar to anyone with previous bakflip products.

Tried posting pics, but forum is saying they're too large. I'll try again soon.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Perfect thanks. I saw their demo video as well. Seemed pretty straightforward. Would you consider it to make the bed water resistant? It will be exposed to either the high wind and downpours of Florida and the wet snow of the midwest. What would you guess?

Users who are viewing this thread