5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox (only) Tonneau

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Might be time for me to call mine back as well. I was going to wait until Monday, might have to push that up

cjmst23

Reaction score
The problem is with Bak and manufacturing. I'd rather them take extra time to get it right instead of having fitment issues.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is with Bak and manufacturing. I'd rather them take extra time to get it right instead of having fitment issues.
Agreed, in a way, it is not really Bak’s fault. They are right in not shipping until they had a rambox truck to test fit. And we all know how late in delivery those trucks were.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, in a way, it is not really Bak’s fault. They are right in not shipping until they had a rambox truck to test fit. And we all know how late in delivery those trucks were.
I agree. I'm not mad at anyone for not having it out yet. I am just anxious to know what the true ETA is now in case I should buy as cheap of one as I can as a temporary fix until the Bak ones come out, or if I only need to wait a few more weeks as is.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Called them back today, looks like they changed their tune on ship date. It was supposed to be this week, now some time in December. So no BAK MX4 for rambox for at least another month

cjmst23

Reaction score
BAK covers for RamBox are now showing JANUARY for shipment!

cjmst23

Reaction score
OK, Monday is the day we thought would never come! I actually have a FedEx tracking number for my Bakflip MX4 (for RamBox) delivery!!!

Morrie, my main man from Tonneau Factory Outlet, hooked me up with the first one in exchange for assisting BAK with photos and critique of the installation process.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They told me general shipment would be about 3 weeks after they get the feedback and pics from the half dozen they sent out for evaluation and installation trial.
You better get your feedback in asap then! ;).

cjgerson

Reaction score
I got tired of waiting on the MX4 and called Morrie and swapped to a Retrax One MX for an additional $190. I had a Retrax on my 2013 and loved it, but was willing to give a folding cover a try.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I got tired of waiting on the MX4 and called Morrie and swapped to a Retrax One MX for an additional $190. I had a Retrax on my 2013 and loved it, but was willing to give a folding cover a try.
I almost did the same, but didn't want an independent locking system. Preferred to simply lock the truck to lock the tailgate to lock the cover.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Love to hear your thoughts on the Retrax once installed.

Users who are viewing this thread