5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Righ
Guys, my RamBox equipped truck was built on July 18 & has been in JS (storage) since then.....likely with that nice dark blue leather-covered dash baking out in the sun. No information or courtesy communication from FCA at all. So very disapointing & frusrating.
Right there with you. Built and in JS status since July 18. Black interior baking in the sun as well. Probably sitting next to each other.

alanstahl

Reaction score
My truck was changed today to KZ-P, Fully loaded 2019 1500 Limited, Black. Etorque and RAMBOXES, was as of 7/21/18 in JSP til now, ordered 5/2/18

Duane

Reaction score
Righ
Right there with you. Built and in JS status since July 18. Black interior baking in the sun as well. Probably sitting next to each other.

Thanks, Boatjockey....I don't feel so alone (mysery loves company).
At least ours are both Ivory tri-coat, so maybe staying a bit cooler. That said, I'll bet the knuckheads left-open the sun shade (sigh...).
Yes, our likely rolled-down the line together.
If mine does come-out of JS, I'll post immediately, so you know.
I 'escalated' for the millionth time again recently.....they tell me now the ship date is 08/23; probably means nothing though.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just left my dealer and the sales manager said the Ram regional rep told him that RamBox was on "containment" until the end of the month. That was a a new one to me and when I pressed further he didn't know if it meant the backlog would be built by months end or if just meant they'd open up RamBox orders again.
He confirmed I'm still in D status.

He also asked if I had received a letter from FCA on the whole RamBox issue. I have not. Anyone else get one?

Last edited:

Foxman

Reaction score
Just got off of the phone with the owner of my dealership. He is a friend of mine and a great guy. I explained to him what's going on and he called a contact that he has at FCA and was told that they are working to have all of the "sold order" rambox trucks completed before the end of the month. Hopefully, they can meet that goal. With the recent movement we've seen, it seems that whatever "issue/holdup" that they were having has been cleared so I'm feeling a little more confident that we all should see our trucks moving through soon.

I for one am with you guys on being totally disappointed in the communications coming from RAM chat and RAM Customer Service. They are basically useless and if they aren't going to provide good support, then remove the service from even being available for us to call. It would be better to force us to go through the dealerships where at least we are speaking with someone with some interest/benefit from our business. The folks on these calls seem to care less about us and/or are improperly equipped/informed to be of any help.

That being said, they are producing a beautiful truck that is much better in my opinion than any other on the market and I WANT ONE.

My sale for my existing truck fell through today as he went out and bought something else because he didn't want to wait any longer. I guess I'm going to have to trade mine in now and take less than what I was going to get. I'm fairly confident that my dealer will do his best to take care of me but he has bills to pay to and needs to make a profit on each vehicle he sells.

My rebate that I received from RAM also expired on 7/2/2018, so I'm hoping that RAM will at least provide my dealer with something extra for me because of this.

I've worked hard to keep a positive attitude through this whole thing and not let it ruin my excitement. Today was not a good day for me.

Kramersp

Reaction score
I see no stake holes or anything in the box that would allow for a back rack or something similar to be installed with the rambox option.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I popped off the plastic caps off my 2013 and found the same thing. I was hoping the 2019 fixed that problem, but I guess not. I may bring my 2019 into my local shop and have them weld it on. Will have to think about that

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my dealer said some of the the delays with the RamBoxes had something to do with a tailgate issue and said FCA is fixing the trucks that have not shipped yet so the recall is completed before delivery. The mystery continues.........

Well, your truck has hit KZ and has left the lot it was in, destination unknown. I think your truck is the only one that has resumed motion after being stuck in JS

cjgerson

Reaction score
Truck finally left the Budd Yard and should be in its way to the VDC in Toledo.

My window sticker also became available and over the last 15 week the MSRP went from $67,670 to $69,090, an increase of $1,420. I am obviously not paying the increase but IMO that’s a pretty increase over that time period

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would have guessed they would have gone to something like the mopar shop to fix whatever was wrong, but they seem to be shipping from wherever they were stored. They must be able to fix it a parking lot. At least it gets it out faster.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Thanks, Boatjockey....I don't feel so alone (mysery loves company).
At least ours are both Ivory tri-coat, so maybe staying a bit cooler. That said, I'll bet the knuckheads left-open the sun shade (sigh...).
Yes, our likely rolled-down the line together.
If mine does come-out of JS, I'll post immediately, so you know.
I 'escalated' for the millionth time again recently.....they tell me now the ship date is 08/23; probably means nothing though.
I have not contacted FCA for the past 6-7 weeks (only contacted them twice since I placed my order). The info they provide is useless and they seem to not care anyway. Escalation is a bunch of bull based on what I am seeing on this forum so why bother. Seems like others are starting to move so hopefully mine will move too. Dealer says he has a loading date of 8/21 but I had a delivery date in June and then July so I'll believe it when I see it moving in MOTS. Good luck to you as well.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Truck finally left the Budd Yard and should be in its way to the VDC in Toledo.

My window sticker also became available and over the last 15 week the MSRP went from $67,670 to $69,090, an increase of $1,420. I am obviously not paying the increase but IMO that’s a pretty increase over that time period

Just made it to the VDC in Toledo at 11:47 AM!

Users who are viewing this thread