5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Kramersp

Reaction score
Yea an Ford announced today that the F150's are getting the Raptor 450hp engines now...
Yea. The limited with the 450hp/510tq EcoBoost will be doing mid 13's in the quarter mile. That's going to be nuts.

Duane

Reaction score
Yea. The limited with the 450hp/510tq EcoBoost will be doing mid 13's in the quarter mile. That's going to be nuts.

It will still sound awful, bounce with the 1800s leaf springs, and come with mandatory 22s. plus the steering wheel is ugly. Would not mind the massaging seat, though.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Oh I'm pretty positive I'm not going to end up with a truck with Ramboxes on it at this point. Come to Jesus meeting with my dealer this afternoon in regards to this and my trade in allowance.
If I don't have some good news by August 1 then I will probably walk away. My truck is in JB for 4 days (not a big deal) but if it is just sitting there waiting for a Rambox redesign then it is probably outside exposed to the elements. If it sits for a few weeks in that condition, I don't want it. I like to keep my vehicles in a garage and in like new condition.

Kramersp

Reaction score
If my truck isnt out of JB status by August 10th I'm buying a F150. May not have air suspension or a rambox, a little less leather inside but it wont rust, has more torque, more gears, is faster and it ACTUALLY EXISTS!

Kramersp

Reaction score
Holy crap my truck just moved to JS status! Probably means not a dang thing. Sit in storage for 6 weeks.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Holy crap my truck just moved to JS status! Probably means not a dang thing. Sit in storage for 6 weeks.

Yeah my truck moved too, but not real promising as it still doesn’t have an estimated delivery date and hasn’t been invoiced (KZ status).

Date ordered: 05/02/2018
Current Status: JB
D1 status date: 06/16/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 07/09/18 06:20:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/09/18 12:16:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/09/18 09:29:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND
Gate Out 07/26/18 01:49:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 07/26/18 03:46:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Delivered to Storage/Transfer Yard 07/26/18 03:46:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS

sgk

Reaction score
What would "delivered to Mopar custom shop operations" mean?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like the ones that have been built have a flaw or missing an item in it that will have to be fixed/altered at these custom shop operations place. None of them are shipping.

As much as I want mine built, I don't want a truck that is missing something as soon as it gets off the assembly line or worse something that has to be fixed at the "custom shop" right after it is made.

Still a mess!

Kramersp

Reaction score
What would "delivered to Mopar custom shop operations" mean?
It goes there to get accessories installed and apparently rambox components. Its where bnb it sits for a couple of weeks. Then it will go to JS, get your hopes up and then get stuck in a storage yard to rot for a month until FCA gets their crap together.

sgk

Reaction score
It goes there to get accessories installed and apparently rambox components. Its where bnb it sits for a couple of weeks. Then it will go to JS, get your hopes up and then get stuck in a storage yard to rot for a month until FCA gets their crap together.
Oh good, I was worried it was something negative:rolleyes: but you guys are so reassuring. Thanks

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
It's definitely comparing apples and oranges...but I backed several projects on Kickstarter a few years ago and the delays in getting those products makes this look like nuthin'. I waited a full 1.5 years for one of them!

That being said, my lessons learned from those episodes are exactly why I'm waiting to place my order till sometime between August-October. Let FCA get it's crap together and iron out all the production snafus, then order when they're hopefully not noticing new problems every day...

Duane

Reaction score
It's definitely comparing apples and oranges...but I backed several projects on Kickstarter a few years ago and the delays in getting those products makes this look like nuthin'. I waited a full 1.5 years for one of them!

That being said, my lessons learned from those episodes are exactly why I'm waiting to place my order till sometime between August-October. Let FCA get it's crap together and iron out all the production snafus, then order when they're hopefully not noticing new problems every day...

OK, Wow.....RAM lady just informed me on the telephone that my truck (Limited, 2WD, Ivory, etc.) has arrived at the rail yoard in Winston, Salem, NC (I am in Raleigh) I tripple-verified that she was looking right at my order.
If true, it may be the first RamBox/eTorque delivered (and a good sign for others).

Kramersp

Reaction score
OK, Wow.....RAM lady just informed me on the telephone that my truck (Limited, 2WD, Ivory, etc.) has arrived at the rail yoard in Winston, Salem, NC (I am in Raleigh) I tripple-verified that she was looking right at my order.
If true, it may be the first RamBox/eTorque delivered (and a good sign for others).
What status were you in last?

Users who are viewing this thread