5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm almost willing to bet that there is rework going on in the JB phase for the trucks that are through production and that production is being held up on anything going forward until they fix this design / supplier issue. Just a guess though

Boatjockey

Reaction score
I visited my dealer today and he searched to see if anything like my order (minus the Ramboxes) was available locally or in KZ status. Found an almost exact match (Rambox, tonneau, and 33 gal tank missing but everything else is as I want) on a train heading this way so we'll see if the other dealer is willing to give it up. If so, I'll get it.

Duane

Reaction score
Thanks Jared!

She loves me......She loves me NOT!
Dealer tells me just now mine is actually still in MI.
Customer info. is an amusing spectacle, at best.
I'll call again this evening to find-out what FCA Customer Service magic 8 ball says then!

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
She loves me......She loves me NOT!
Dealer tells me just now mine is actually still in MI.
Customer info. is an amusing spectacle, at best.
I'll call again this evening to find-out what FCA Customer Service magic 8 ball says then!

Do NOT disgrace the magic 8-ball by associating it to Ram Customer service's communication :p:p:p

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am still tracking my original order with Ramboxes. I LOVED the idea, never had them before but unfortunately couldn't wait (for no other reason than I wanted my new shiny thing now :cautious:). I keep a bunch of recovery gear and just in case gear in my vehicles, and thought it would be nice to have that all organized and clean looking. If there was a Rambox on the lot in June, I would have gladly spent the extra grand to have them. With that being said, I justified not waiting on my order because I literally saved a thousand dollars by buying now, and either way I was still going to have to buy a MX4 bedcover to stick the stroller, random kid things, etc. So I just keep a few totes from Lowes in the back now and...voila, DIY ramboxes. IMG_rambox0727.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_rambox0727.jpg
    IMG_rambox0727.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am still tracking my original order with Ramboxes. I LOVED the idea, never had them before but unfortunately couldn't wait (for no other reason than I wanted my new shiny thing now :cautious:). I keep a bunch of recovery gear and just in case gear in my vehicles, and thought it would be nice to have that all organized and clean looking. If there was a Rambox on the lot in June, I would have gladly spent the extra grand to have them. With that being said, I justified not waiting on my order because I literally saved a thousand dollars by buying now, and either way I was still going to have to buy a MX4 bedcover to stick the stroller, random kid things, etc. So I just keep a few totes from Lowes in the back now and...voila, DIY ramboxes. View attachment 1854
Quick, send a picture of this to the RAM engineers so they can expedite orders.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Quick, send a picture of this to the RAM engineers so they can expedite orders.
They would care more if they saw all the posts on the forum of people looking at the other makes due to the delays in production. This is no way to take market share and attract buyers from other brands. They need to say something so they can set reasonable expectations with the customers.

Duane

Reaction score
Pretty much what I asked for and why some trucks have been built but not moving.

Thanks, Jared. No reason why FCA can't indicate / communicate the cause of the delay in RamBox shipments. Why the big secret?....just a little honest transparancy = common courtesy & respect for your hard working customers.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I visited my dealer today and he searched to see if anything like my order (minus the Ramboxes) was available locally or in KZ status. Found an almost exact match (Rambox, tonneau, and 33 gal tank missing but everything else is as I want) on a train heading this way so we'll see if the other dealer is willing to give it up. If so, I'll get it.

Concerned about the potential for multiple month Rambox delays so with no data from FCA/Ram Corporate I am visiting my salesman Monday for a chat. My primary plan is to simply delete the Ramboxes while I’m still in D status and see if they’ll move me toward production... he’s successfully changed my order twice already to remove air suspension and tow mirrors already. I may go fishing for a similar truck in transit but few BigHorns have pano sunroofs and Alpine, what can
I say I have expensive cheap tastes. He promised to ask his GM and regional corporate rep what’s up, and I’ll let you guys know if I hear anything new of course.

YardSale

Reaction score
Guys.....maybe it's just me but I'm feeling like things are going "break loose" pretty soon. Would be a shame if you pull the trigger on another truck only to find out that Ramboxes start shipping in another week or two. But hey......to each his own.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will hit the 12 week mark in D status (not even on the schedule) on Monday with no explanation from Ram about my delay.........NONE

My original estimated ship date was 06/14/18 FWIW

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Jared. No reason why FCA can't indicate / communicate the cause of the delay in RamBox shipments. Why the big secret?....just a little honest transparancy = common courtesy & respect for your hard working customers.

This is what I'm hoping for. Based on @Kramersp truck moving around today I have a feeling they might start shipping soon too, but thats just a hunch. I'd like to hear an official word on whats going on.

Users who are viewing this thread