5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Officially Announces G/T Package For 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie & Rebel!

Jims380da

Reaction score
I ordered a fully loaded '22 Rebel 2 weeks ago, and I'm hoping the ventilated seats end up being added under one of those packages. I can live without the other G/T items, but the cooled seats will go a long way in FL.

I have the cooled on my 2020 Laramie. Not as good as the ones on my old 2016 Sierra Denali. They kept my berries nice and cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
it is a bit off topic here but I often here this remark that the seat ventilation in a Ram is not really working well compared to other trucks. I didn't search for a topic about this yet so excuse me if there is a dedicated topic for the vented seats.

about the package...it would indeed be nice to have the option for a steering wheel with or without paddle shifters and a shifter or the dial shifter.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why do you need a console-mounted shifter if you have steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters. :unsure:

Seems redundant to me and it takes up a lot of console space. :rolleyes:

View attachment 99102

I do like that they are finally adding the Mopar Ram Airflow cold air intake married to the Mopar Cat-Back Exhaust System. (y):cool:

View attachment 99103
They must have finally got CARB certified.

Hopefully we finally get to see the specs from Mopar on what adding the Mopar Ram Airflow CAI and the Mopar Cat-Back Exhaust System add to the HP and torque of the 5.7 HEMI Engine.

This looks like the same sport hood that we have seen on other sport models so no active vents.

If Ram is going to have a GT model let's get some active vents so this baby can really breathe. :devilish:
View attachment 99104

My only other complaint about this G/T Package is why would you ad the extra weight of a Crew Cab configuration only with an eTorque mild-hybrid assist.

For people looking for a G/T package in a truck you would want to drop the weight of the truck as much as possible so that we would have a quicker time on the track and the road.

So make this package available in a Quad Cab with no eTorque.

Come on Ram Engineer's who exactly is your target market here???

View attachment 99109
All points that I was pondering, as well. I really like the premise of the G/T package, but I don't see anything listed that will have it out-performing the Big Horn I already have (power or suspension wise). I like the look of the shifter, though I have really grown accustomed to all the space made available by the rotary dial. And requiring e-torque eliminates it from my list.

As you mentioned, make it available for a quad cab, non-e Hemi, and then add in some suspension upgrades like real sway bars and shocks?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The shifter definitely looks sweet in the console but one of my favorite things about rams interior is the center console set up. If I was getting a 22 I probably would order it. I already added the ram air intake but I went with borla ATAK exhaust. I’m sure the Mopar is nice but it will not sound as good as my borla

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The shifter definitely looks sweet in the console but one of my favorite things about rams interior is the center console set up. If I was getting a 22 I probably would order it. I already added the ram air intake but I went with borla ATAK exhaust. I’m sure the Mopar is nice but it will not sound as good as my borla
Borla makes the Mopar exhaust.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All points that I was pondering, as well. I really like the premise of the G/T package, but I don't see anything listed that will have it out-performing the Big Horn I already have (power or suspension wise). I like the look of the shifter, though I have really grown accustomed to all the space made available by the rotary dial. And requiring e-torque eliminates it from my list.

As you mentioned, make it available for a quad cab, non-e Hemi, and then add in some suspension upgrades like real sway bars and shocks?
That is a good point about beefing up the rear sway bar and shocks. (y)

When I added the Hellwig sway bar to my truck it made a huge difference. 🔱

The truck tracks better around tight curves and corners. ⚠️

The body roll is almost completely gone!! :cool:

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like this package, I’d probably get it if I got another Ram. I’d definitely get it with the Laramie next time around.

I think this is the closest we’d get to having any type of manual transmission in a full size truck again. I’m sure the flappy paddles would get old over time and there’s no replacing a proper manual trans, but I’m sure this would make the truck a lot more fun to drive.

FSUJD

Reaction score
Forcing the e-torque really kills this. I was really excited for this package because I prefer to manually shift in most scenarios and I was already planning to add the Mopar CAI and a catback. However after driving my dad's etorque for a week I am dead set against it. The regenerative braking sucks and the start-stop is incredibly annoying. It would be one thing if it added some level of extra power like the F150 hybrid, but the etorque system is entirely useless other than to implement start-stop, and adds unnecessary complexity and reliability problems.

Phoon

Reaction score
Does the transmission have a sport mode? The Ram 1500 8 speed is tuned to be very smooth, but doesnt shift nearly as quickly as the durango R/T or the SRT models with similar trans.

FSUJD

Reaction score
Does the transmission have a sport mode? The Ram 1500 8 speed is tuned to be very smooth, but doesnt shift nearly as quickly as the durango R/T or the SRT models with similar trans.
I was hoping this would be the case, but I haven't found any mention of it. At least with manual shifting you can compensate for the lack of sport mode.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's my biggest complaint about the RAM is no sport mode, like my trucks in the past. The sport mode not only adjust transmission programming, but the gas pedal ratio and sometimes even the steering wheel ratio.

I'm hoping we can somehow retrofit the paddle steering wheel like I've had with cars in the past. That would be a nice consolation to not having a sport button.

Awood05

Reaction score
I just went from a 21 Limited to a 21 TRX and I’m not really sure where all this loss console space you are talking about exist. The only thing I can see that was lost was the small cubby below the coin holders (just behind the cup holders). Sure there isn’t a sliding bin anymore, but I never moved mine from the full forward position anyways. Too much stuff under the arm rest compartment to allow that. One thing I do like about the shifter setup is the fact that it doesn’t slide, because I would regularly lose my cell phone into the great abyss if i missed the holder/charging tabs. Glad I don’t have to do that anymore.

On the TRX the spot on the dash where the knob was has been replaced with the Modes (Sport, Baja, etc.) and TRX Performances Pages buttons. It still has the drivetrain selector buttons (4x4 AUTO, 4x4 HIGH, etc.) Likely what you might find in this GT model.

Jimp1

Reaction score
I recently ordered my Laramie with the GT package. I forgot to add the pois traction. Does anyone know how to add it after it gets here? Thanks

Guysramrebel

Reaction score
That's my biggest complaint about the RAM is no sport mode, like my trucks in the past. The sport mode not only adjust transmission programming, but the gas pedal ratio and sometimes even the steering wheel ratio.

I'm hoping we can somehow retrofit the paddle steering wheel like I've had with cars in the past. That would be a nice consolation to not having a sport button.
Don’t think about it to much my girlfriends Toyota Yaris has sports mode but never made her 2L feel any different and my 2015 V6 mustang had it also before I got my 2021 Rebel it’s definitely cool to have, I used it a lot because I liked the feeling of shifting into something that raised the RPM, but on my rebel I feel like it would be either here or there like on the Toyota Yaris.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like that’s it’s an option especially for those that haven’t complained about the dial shifter after all these years. Sticker definitely needs to go. I guess for me I can careless that it doesn’t have a sport mode.. seems unnecessary in a full size pick up truck (yes I know Trx blah blah). I would be curious on how much space is lost in the console with the shifter know. That’s one thing I loved about the 5th gen plenty of console space but I’m probably one of the minority that didn’t mind the dial shifter once you got use to it and appreciated the space it freed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TravisJ

Reaction score
Everyone talking about the lack of actual performance improvement…that ain’t who is buying and interested in this package. Most will be buying it to have the stickers, sport hood, and all the stuff that makes them look cool/fast while driving.

Anyone actually interested in performance would go do it themselves aftermarket.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can only expect so much out of a full size manufactured pickup truck… your not going to break any speed records. You’ll be better off purchasing a performance car or dropping the coin and going aftermarket built.

I’m not referring to the TRX etc since those aren’t typically affordable for the majority and aren’t produced in numbers like everyday trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

brewdad

Reaction score
I recently ordered my Laramie with the GT package. I forgot to add the pois traction. Does anyone know how to add it after it gets here? Thanks
If your order has not been scheduled for production changes are allowed; ask your dealer to find out if it has been scheduled yet.

Users who are viewing this thread