5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Limited Dash issue

Nautiknots

Reaction score
Has anyone yet experienced the leather from their dash lifting up! Currently have 50,000 miles on my truck and I don’t believe FCA will do anything about this issue. Has anyone ever attempted a repair without replacing it?

Attachments

• E4465856-13C8-461C-84C6-3C23622D0EE3.jpeg
    E4465856-13C8-461C-84C6-3C23622D0EE3.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 205
  • 3EC4CA9B-C984-4379-9B6B-FECDDF975733.jpeg
    3EC4CA9B-C984-4379-9B6B-FECDDF975733.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 199

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Some here have, not just on the dash but also on the top portion of the doors.

This is a defect and not normal. Take it to the dealer and have them put in a new one. Also check your doors so they can address them on the same visit if applicable.

Cheers,

Nautiknots

Reaction score
Some here have, not just on the dash but also on the top portion of the doors.

This is a defect and not normal. Take it to the dealer and have them put in a new one. Also check your doors so they can address them on the same visit if applicable.

Cheers,
Thank you for the reply. I’m just concerned they won’t cover it due to the 50000 on the odometer

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone yet experienced the leather from their dash lifting up! Currently have 50,000 miles on my truck and I don’t believe FCA will do anything about this issue. Has anyone ever attempted a repair without replacing it?
Unfortunately, it is very common. The ONLY fix is a new dash. The top cover cannot be replaced. I doubt RAM will cover it, based on your mileage, but it can't hurt to try. Once mine started to do the same, I traded her in on a 2021. Mine started in the same place as your pics, but mine was not as bad.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to find a cover to put on the dash to protect the leather from the heat of the Sun.

Malodave

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As others have said, FCA probably won’t cover under warranty, but you should ask anyway. Then, if they refuse, take it to an auto upholstery shop and let them try to repair before you replace. They may be able to shrink it back in place, as it is leather.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would like to find a cover to put on the dash to protect the leather from the heat of the Sun.

Malodave
I don't believe that any one makes one. They are typically made for older trucks that had dash cracking issues way back when. If you do come across something, please do post.

xcarolina

Reaction score
@grimreefer @davidn0021 Check out heatshieldstore.com. They make them custom cut, and I had them in my Jeeps and now in my 20' 1500. I attest to their performance and quality. Use the code FEEDBACK17 for 10% off.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi there, we are terribly sorry to see that this is happening to your dashboard! Please send our team a private message for additional support alongside your dealer service. We would be more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for additional support.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I had a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and they had the same issues and FCA extended the warranty for that and had mine replaced even after the original warranty had expired.

I would think that FCA should do the same thing.

RamCares is this something that can be addressed? I mean if they did it for Jeep why not Ram? Same FCA.

j_volley_spike

Reaction score
Exact same issue is happening to my '19 Limited. Passenger side leather dash cover is coming up. I believe these leather pieces are glue on with adhesive. Did you get any success opening a case with Ram Cares?

titan3636

Reaction score
Just got into my 21 limited and mine just did the same thing! im at about about 20k miles. going to contact my dealership asap!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just got into my 21 limited and mine just did the same thing! im at about about 20k miles. going to contact my dealership asap!
This just goes to show that FCA has done nothing to resolve the issue which is extremely disappointing. My 19 dash did this and royally ****** me off. The glue the vendor is using is the issue. It either doesn't go well with UV or heat. Regardless, you would think that, by now, someone would have learned their lesson and change the manufacturing process and/or the product. My next truck will either be a 2024 Chevy Silverado ZR2 or a GMC AT4X.

river rat

Reaction score
This just goes to show that FCA has done nothing to resolve the issue which is extremely disappointing. My 19 dash did this and royally ****** me off. The glue the vendor is using is the issue. It either doesn't go well with UV or heat. Regardless, you would think that, by now, someone would have learned their lesson and change the manufacturing process and/or the product. My next truck will either be a 2024 Chevy Silverado ZR2 or a GMC AT4X.
You may want to take a look at the chevy corvette forums, quite a few issues with their leather dash trim. I'd expect the new silverado leather dashes to experience similar challenges.

titan3636

Reaction score
good luck with either of those. GM has totally gone to the dogs. I was always a big chevy guy from my first Camaro back in the day.... my 2017 Silverado LTZ however was one headache after the other and had terrible shift/transmission issues that they refused to ever resolve. Broke my heart because chevy trucks were always the leader of the pack for me in style and quality for decades. In the last 10 years that has all gone to crap tho. I have many other friends with new and new(ish) GM full size trucks and suvs with all kinds of issues. At this point I have a much harder time finding someone that I know that is happy about their chrvy/gmc purchase than people that regret it. plus they don't look near as mean as RAM inside or out. to each their own tho, just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread