5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Limited Dash issue

dramon772

Reaction score
Hi there, we are terribly sorry to see that this is happening to your dashboard! Please send our team a private message for additional support alongside your dealer service. We would be more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for additional support.

Kathryn
Ram Cares
Hello Kathryn,

How do I send your team a private message? My dash is also causing problems just like the ones mentioned in this forum. Thanks

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

You can direct message us by going to our profile and selecting "Start Conversation"!
We look forward to assisting you.

Callie
Ram Cares

xxstevecxx

Reaction score
Happened to my 2019 limited. I bought with warranty on my truck but I’m second owner so I was told I wasn’t a Ram loyalist and would not be able to ga e my dash fixed at reduced cost. 1000.00 for dash 1000.00 for install. It’s an obvious factory defect and it’s **** poor service. I got a message asking how they could help and it was lip service to appear empathetic on these message boards. Nothing is getting done. We’re high end truck owners with a horribly manufactured dash.

Reaction score
Has anyone yet experienced the leather from their dash lifting up! Currently have 50,000 miles on my truck and I don’t believe FCA will do anything about this issue. Has anyone ever attempted a repair without replacing it?
Has anyone yet experienced the leather from their dash lifting up! Currently have 50,000 miles on my truck and I don’t believe FCA will do anything about this issue. Has anyone ever attempted a repair without replacing it?
I have the same issue on my 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. The weather has pulled away on the driver side arch cover and on the passenger side over the airbag area. Of course it’s over three years old and over 36k so I doubt they will warranty it but dam this is pathetic for a very expensive truck that’s only 3 years old.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious if there is ANY chance that using leather conditioners, etc... can contribute to the delamination? I ask because I don't think I've used any on the dash yet (truck is usually parked indoors) and if there's a chance it can cause a problem, I may never apply anything to it.

BB RAM

Reaction score
Hi there, we are terribly sorry to see that this is happening to your dashboard! Please send our team a private message for additional support alongside your dealer service. We would be more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for additional support.

Kathryn
Ram Cares
I am the owner of a 2021 Ram Limited with the leather separating from the dashboard. The separation is taking place of both the passenger and driver side. The vehicle has approximately 60,000 miles at this time, I also have an extended warranty program, but was told that the issue was not covered under extended warranty. A two year old vehicle with this type of separation is not acceptable. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4190.jpeg
    IMG_4190.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4191.jpeg
    IMG_4191.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4192.jpeg
    IMG_4192.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4189.jpeg
    IMG_4189.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 32

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am the owner of a 2021 Ram Limited with the leather separating from the dashboard. The separation is taking place of both the passenger and driver side. The vehicle has approximately 60,000 miles at this time, I also have an extended warranty program, but was told that the issue was not covered under extended warranty. A two year old vehicle with this type of separation is not acceptable. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
This is the ONLY reason I will not buy another RAM. Did this on my 2019 Limited and sold my 2021 before it started based on the high value of the truck during COVID so it was sold. This is a BIG problem and RAM knows it and has done nothing over the years with their supplier to rectify and prevent it from happening. Very SAD!

Reaction score
This just goes to show that FCA has done nothing to resolve the issue which is extremely disappointing. My 19 dash did this and royally ****** me off. The glue the vendor is using is the issue. It either doesn't go well with UV or heat. Regardless, you would think that, by now, someone would have learned their lesson and change the manufacturing process and/or the product. My next truck will either be a 2024 Chevy Silverado ZR2 or a GMC AT4X.
Orrr..... wait for it.... buy a laramie or trim without the leather dash. The laramie doesnt have that dash and i know a few 19s and 20s roaming without any dash issues. Its 100% the limited trims with that leather. Ive also noticed that if you have the panoramic roof which most limited do they are more prone to this failure and bubbling. I measured temp in my ram in California and it was around 120s inside and this 100% is supplier/manufacturer issue that Ram should address. If they used a different glue/adhesive plus proper stitching itd be better since then the leather is wrapped and stictched to the dash vs glued on. For an expensive truck they need to address it or risk losing more buyers.

Sincerely,

A diehard Mopar Guy
P.s. fix our **** Stellantis/Ram

davidnc301

Reaction score
Holy crap!!! I was just told that FCA is going to cover the dash replacement in my 2019 Limited.. my local dealship didn't want to do the work burt another ram dealership is going to.. I'm a happy man!!

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have any correlations been found with the delamination and any other factors? My 21 is usually in a sub-ground level garage, so it doesn't get a lot of heat while at our house. I do not have a sunroof and I always use a windshield screen on even moderately warm days. I also have vent visors on the windows and usually crack the windows on those same warm days. So far, I've not had any issues, so maybe it's 100% heat and/or humidity related?

I'd like to use some leather cleaner/conditioner on the dash, but I've held off just for the off chance that it somehow causes or contributes to the delamination.

Users who are viewing this thread