5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Box

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well damn. Seems like great feature but I've never had it....so I guess I don't know what I'm missing!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
this is definitely a truck to be patient and wait for. If the early models aren't exactly what a person wants...and that person isn't able to trade right away...and there is something specific or special the person wants, waiting is a good idea....there is lots yet to come from Ram...the great stuff is coming too

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
cjgerson said:
Just got an email from my dealer and Ramboxes are now available to order!
See, we are always ahead of the curve here.
1f609.png

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now I am drooling! Do I wait for the E-Tourque??? LOL

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that a Limited model without the chrome strip on the door? Is it some kind of option that doesn't appear on the build site?

cjgerson

Reaction score
Slim said:
Now I am drooling! Do I wait for the E-Tourque??? LOL
E-Torque is available for order as well. I ordered a limited with it today.

cjgerson

Reaction score

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Slim said:
Is that a Limited model without the chrome strip on the door? Is it some kind of option that doesn't appear on the build site?
Chrome strip on the door is standard with the limited but will come with the Chrome Package on any trim level but you must add the Chrome Package to get the chrome trim around the window

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Slim said:
My understanding is that the chrome strip is installed at the Mopar accessories plant where the spray in bed liners and other accessories are installed, this truck most likely hasn't been through there yet.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
mikemcfarland said:
hey Jared, have you ever had the ramboxes? if not why?
Ive never had them, I don't want the narrower box. I also didn't really like the way they looked on the 4th gen trucks, they seem better integrated in the 5th gens. I might consider them when I order.

D

Deleted member103

As I seem to be in a constant state of Flux
263a.png
while agonizing the long Summer wait ( apparently self imposed !), I wonder if RAM will have them available for the Quads 6'4" beds - I don't care if it's longer, in fact I hope they just have the one-length ( 5'7" ) version ! With the more even flow of lines, IT won't make any difference - won't look ODD as it surely would with the Gen4's with the more curvy sides ! IMO .

Never know about me,
1f914.png
, if the 'price is right' (behind curtain #2) I could rethink AGAIN my Cap vs. tonneau options !
1f914.png
?
1f914.png
!

Anyone got a Crystal ball ?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
My understanding is that the chrome strip is installed at the Mopar accessories plant where the spray in bed liners and other accessories are installed, this truck most likely hasn't been through there yet.
Ah, that means they could be removed later. Now if someone comes up with an alternative for the plastic "1500" hood badges...
I still think that's odd that they went with plastic badges on the hood when all of the interior metal is real metal.

fish mojo

Reaction score
Is it me or does the 5'7 box with the new longer cab look out of proportion? The more I am seeing the new 19's, I'm actually liking the exterior less. Too much like a car, not a truck.

D

Deleted member103

fish mojo said:
Is it me or does the 5'7 box with the new longer cab look out of proportion? The more I am seeing the new 19's, I'm actually liking the exterior less. Too much like a car, not a truck.
Which is why I greatly prefer the "utilitarian approach" - the Quad with 6"4" Bed ! And it just LOOKs more Proportional "as a truck" ! IMO

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
fish mojo said:
I agree. Gotta go with the quad cab to make it look more proportional plus the bed with 5'7 is to small.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
fish mojo said:
Photos can be deceiving. I was back & forth on bed length thinking the 5'7" looks too short as well. Saw some on the lot, and I think the proportions are just right with the shorter bed. Of course that's a subjective thing but I wouldn't base your perspective entirely on photos alone.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have owned a 5'7 crew cab and a 6'4 quad cab. The 5'7 look very weird and the cab was huge.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
alacombe said:
I have owned a 5'7 crew cab and a 6'4 quad cab. The 5'7 look very weird and the cab was huge.
Sounds like you made the right choice for you with the quad cab and 6'4" bed.

I live in a major city and I'd garner 95% of the 1/2 ton crew cab trucks I see - regardless of manufacturer - have shorter beds. Perhaps that's why when I see a F-150 or Chevy 1500 crew cab with the longer bed, it just looks...off. Its not the "normal" that my brain is used to.

Users who are viewing this thread