5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Box

D

Deleted member 85

firecadet613 said:
All I know is...when I ordered my truck last week the question was raised and I was told it didn't come with it. That truck I linked too - it isn't listed on the window sticker and my sales guy said it didn't come with the truck.

I wasn't going to place a $700 bet on if it came with it or not...so I'm opting to install the bedlights myself after I put in a BedRug. Had it came with the divider I'd have lived with the spray in liner.
I'm curious if there's an issue in production then... like I mentioned, internally it shows the divider as being part of the bed utility group. As a consumer, I would be frustrated to learn it was missing. I have heard of dealers that order trucks with accessories (running boards, mud flaps, rubber mats) then pull them out of the vehicles when they land, and re sell with mark-up or pretend the truck did not arrive with the items and upcharge the add-ons.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. Kind of a mute point for me now. I'm past the point to modify my order and they can't order a RamBox yet.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the Late availability for the RamBox and E-Tourque, what was the advantage for Ram to get the 2019 model year out so early instead of waiting until the normal Sept/Oct time frame so that everything would be ready for the 2019 model year?

Wouldn't that allow dealers to clear out more of their 2018 stock in advance of the new model?

There must be an advantage or it seems to me they should/would have waited. At the Detroit auto show introduction they brought out a Limited with the E-Tourque and RamBox and now neither is available to order. Seems so odd to me!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Slim said:
With the Late availability for the RamBox and E-Tourque, what was the advantage for Ram to get the 2019 model year out so early instead of waiting until the normal Sept/Oct time frame so that everything would be ready for the 2019 model year?

Wouldn't that allow dealers to clear out more of their 2018 stock in advance of the new model?

There must be an advantage or it seems to me they should/would have waited. At the Detroit auto show introduction they brought out a Limited with the E-Tourque and RamBox and now neither is available to order. Seems so odd to me!
They keep build combinations low during production start up to help keep quality up and resolve any issues that arise easier. This is pretty much standard on product launches across all brands, build the volume vehicles first and add other things into the mix gradually.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation Jared!
263a.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to our friends at Real Fast Fotography, I can confirm that trucks with the Ram box are now being built. This truck is on the lot at Sterling Heights Assembly.

(see attachment)

Attachments

• longhornrambox.jpg
    longhornrambox.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 243

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I checked in with my dealer on Thursday and he couldn’t order a limited with rambox yet.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Thanks to our friends at Real Fast Fotography, I can confirm that trucks with the Ram box are now being built. This truck is on the lot at Sterling Heights Assembly.

(see attachment)
If only some company would come up with a non-tacky CAP for the RamBox Configuration ! ? ? ? Only alternative are Expensive RACK/Tonneau Combo systems with the RamBox in mind ! Seen a few and they're in the +$4000 range !

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
If only some company would come up with a non-tacky CAP for the RamBox Configuration ! ? ? ? Only alternative are Expensive RACK/Tonneau Combo systems with the RamBox in mind ! Seen a few and they're in the +$4000 range !
Shouldn't be too hard for a canopy company to do if they were so inclined. Would just have to have a flip up section on the side of the canopy so you could flip it up and then access the ramboxes.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Shouldn't be too hard for a canopy company to do if they were so inclined. Would just have to have a flip up section on the side of the canopy so you could flip it up and then access the ramboxes.
Oh you think ? I've had a few email conversations with "these people" and the answer is "Not a Chance" ! They are still building the same exact designs they've been since I bought MY 2003 CAP (ARE), and the same for most of the other Major Players ! NON of them even have an updated Cap for the DT ! IT may be the same dimensionally but don't forget The Box Rails sit about 1.5 inches higher ! That throws all the "lines" off for any CAP for the DT ! Can I hear another UGH ! Just another reason for me to postpone my buy to the Fall or ?
2639.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone will ever make a canopy for the Ram Box trucks just because the take rate is so low, but it wouldn't be impossible for them to do it.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
I don't think anyone will ever make a canopy for the Ram Box trucks just because the take rate is so low, but it wouldn't be impossible for them to do it.
Oh yea that's a given ! I was referring to the regular, non-RamBox Beds for CAPS ! I've gone to some awesome websites - very expensive ones - that have this Rack and Retracting tonneau whereby the RamBox doors can freely open ! This set up however - for me - would also require some kind of "rooftop tent" ! SO, all told it gets VERY Expensive; in the +$4 to $5K range ! Yikes ! Think I'll just stick with a regular bed, CAP & BedRug liner - good to go / with an about +$2K total ! Still costly, but the Convenience of NO TENT -- worth it to me !
263a.png
1f44d.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So they are being built...but I've checked with two local dealers - they are not able to order them yet. Just as well, since my truck's build cannot be changed. Maybe on my next truck.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My local dealer just informed me that ordering for rambox will not be available until sometime in June

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Obviously they building them but you can't order one...come on FCA lets get it together.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Just got an email from my dealer and Ramboxes are now available to order!

Users who are viewing this thread