5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

CouchAssault

Reaction score
I didn't know exactly where to fit this message and didn't want to start a new thread: Does anybody know of an online vehicle locator? I think I'd have more success working down price with a dealer that had the vehicle I want already in their inventory.

So far, I've just been searching Google maps for dealerships and zooming out to a large enough area I want to travel to and then hitting their websites individually. But I'd love to hear if there's a better way?

shopping tools on the ram website.

pay attention to " on lot" vs "in transit just above the miles away

also try not to over constrain your search criteria. if you check 5.7 and 5.7 etorque it will show no matches as no vehicle will have both engines installed, lol.

it worked great for me. it put me on a dealer that had 10 rebels ripe for the picking and was advertising some pretty good prices.

stevetom84

Reaction score
I didn't know exactly where to fit this message and didn't want to start a new thread: Does anybody know of an online vehicle locator? I think I'd have more success working down price with a dealer that had the vehicle I want already in their inventory.

So far, I've just been searching Google maps for dealerships and zooming out to a large enough area I want to travel to and then hitting their websites individually. But I'd love to hear if there's a better way?

You can use this go to the following site and try to narrow down what you want.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/new-inventory.ram_1500_dt.2019.html?modelYearCode=IUT201920&radius=100

You'll obviously need to change the zip code to your zip code. I found it best to be more generic in what you are searching for. If you try to narrow it down to much there will likely be no exact matches (such as picking tires). Also, if you select multiple of something (such as if you are okay with one color or another) it will show no matches because it searches for a truck that has both colors.

lknbigfish

Reaction score
I wanted to get your opinions before I pull the trigger this week.

I am trying to get them to remove the $1798 for their protection package, but they say they are as low as they are going.
Do you think they have any more to give?

This price includes the standard rebates that everyone qualifies for as well as $1000 Penfed Certificate, $1000 Truck Conquest, $500 NAR, $500 Chrysler Capital Finance

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Short bed 4x2
MSRP 44,000
Discount 5,987.83
Rebate 8,500.00
Adjusted Price 29,597.17
Classic Protection Pkg 1,798.00
Total Purchase 31,395.17

Doc Fee 699.00
Tax 1,217.83
Non Tax Fees 188.00
Net Price 33,500.00

Zip Code 28117

Mike67

Reaction score

I tried Cars.com and Cargurus.com, had to use the keyword search to narrow the number of cars, and if you use nationwide, it doesnt seem to find some cars.
Also be aware that sold orders will show up.
I kept finding vehicles like the ones I wanted, but they were never available at the dealership

VictorLin0725

Reaction score
All,

New to the forum here, and glad to be a new RAM owner as of last Saturday! My last new Ram was a Quad Cab I bought in 1999, and have had 3 Chevy Avalanches since.

I had to search forever to find the package I wanted, nobody locally in Southeastern VA had it. Here's what I bought:
2019 Laramie 4 X 4, with the following options:
  1. 6'-4" Bed
  2. Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Coat
  3. Black Appearance Package
  4. 5.7L Hemi w/Etorque engine
  5. 4 Corner Air Suspension
  6. Level 2 Equipment Group
  7. Uconnect 12" Display
  8. Tri-fold Tonneau Cover
  9. 22" Polished and Painted Wheels (which I don't want)
  10. Trailer Tow Group
  11. Panoramic Sunroof
  12. 33 Gallon Fuel Tank
  13. Black Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
  14. Rear Wheelhouse Liners
  15. Power Running Boards
  16. Single Disc Remote CD Player
  17. Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
  18. Bed Utility Group

After a ton of searching for what I wanted, I found almost exactly it - the only things missing from the above that I wanted are Rambox and the Advanced Safety Group. Here's the deal I negotiated directly with the sales manager in New Jersey:

MSRP - $66,635
Sell price - $59,455 ($7,180 off)
Rebates - $5,000 (USAA Member certificate $1k, Truck Owner Conquest -$1k, Retail Consumer Cash $3k)
= $12,180 off MSRP.

Trade in Value 2013 Chevy Avalanche - $23,500

+$1,492.14 New Jersey SALES TAX (4.15%)
+$153.75 MOTOR VEHICLE
+$399.00 DEALER DOC FEE
$32,999.89 TOTAL OUT THE DOOR

This is the 2013 Chevy Avalanche that I offered as trade in (very good shape, (86k miles) which we agreed at $23,500.
View attachment 7449
Delivery - $200 to my driveway (about 300 miles each way)

After all that, the dealer called ( I was now turned over to a salesman) the next day and said he had bad news, that the truck had been used as a demo and the sales manager wasn't aware of that. I asked why they would use the most expensive Ram on the lot as a demo, and he replied that the owner was the one driving it and that he owned 17 dealerships, LOL. So I asked how many miles and how long it had been driven, he said 2 weeks and 1800 miles. I asked about a discount for that. After talking with the sales manager, he said they had discounted as much as they could. So I told him I thought they were low on my trade in and could go up $1k, which they did, it went up to $24,500. I ended up paying $31,958.39 with trade in.

Here's what this beautiful beast looks like! That said, I am changing out the rims - anyone interested in them please make me an offer.
View attachment 7451
View attachment 7448

Just wanted to complement you on your beautiful truck, looking clean (love the all black)!

4sallypat

Reaction score
I wanted to get your opinions before I pull the trigger this week.

I am trying to get them to remove the $1798 for their protection package, but they say they are as low as they are going.
Do you think they have any more to give?

This price includes the standard rebates that everyone qualifies for as well as $1000 Penfed Certificate, $1000 Truck Conquest, $500 NAR, $500 Chrysler Capital Finance

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Short bed 4x2
MSRP 44,000
Discount 5,987.83
Rebate 8,500.00
Adjusted Price 29,597.17
Classic Protection Pkg 1,798.00
Total Purchase 31,395.17

Doc Fee 699.00
Tax 1,217.83
Non Tax Fees 188.00
Net Price 33,500.00

Zip Code 28117

If this is a lease, the PenFed $1000 will not apply - I think it's a purchase / finance only.

As for the "Classic Protection pack" - that seems like a dealer add on and total profit for them - ask them to remove the fancy Scotch guard ....

4sallypat

Reaction score
I tried Cars.com and Cargurus.com, had to use the keyword search to narrow the number of cars, and if you use nationwide, it doesnt seem to find some cars.
Also be aware that sold orders will show up.
I kept finding vehicles like the ones I wanted, but they were never available at the dealership
I have been using CarGurus but not all the dealers show up.
CarGurus is great because it shows how long the truck has been sitting on the lot (for negotiations).
The Ram truck locator works better at finding one equipped the way you want.

Now I am waiting for the V6 Pentastar Rebels to show....

lknbigfish

Reaction score
If this is a lease, the PenFed $1000 will not apply - I think it's a purchase / finance only.

As for the "Classic Protection pack" - that seems like a dealer add on and total profit for them - ask them to remove the fancy Scotch guard ....

Yep, purchase. The Classic protection is a dealer add on that includes all weather floor mats and bedliner as well as expensive scotch guard:)

Stasek

Reaction score
Yep, purchase. The Classic protection is a dealer add on that includes all weather floor mats and bedliner as well as expensive scotch guard:)
What a deal! Local dealer has one of those too. Lifetime car washes, 2 oil changes, door edge guards, 2 year windshield protection and I think 2 year key fob(s) protection. All this for a mere $2500.

WKH

Reaction score
Looking at ram limited msrp 68k and they said $59,995 is their best price. I’ve seen on this post that 12k or so off is possible?.... is that on last day of month deals ? Hoping they call on Friday. I offered 55k and they said no more room???

cruz-in

Reaction score
Our $68K was $59.9 Out the Door.....equates to about $55.5K before TTL.

WKH

Reaction score
Thanks, I figure they’re able to go lower they just holding out as truck
Just hit the lot ??

WKH

Reaction score
Have another dealer on limited msrp of $61,975 only lowered to $53,499. I feel like they can do better also?

rmlephiew

Reaction score
Looking at ram limited msrp 68k and they said $59,995 is their best price. I’ve seen on this post that 12k or so off is possible?.... is that on last day of month deals ? Hoping they call on Friday. I offered 55k and they said no more room???

They should have more room - I got around $13K off of a less loaded truck...

My Limited bought on 11/21:
MSRP $62,585
Sale Price $52,852
after rebates $49,352 ($3500 in rebates)

stevetom84

Reaction score
I ordered a truck early this month, however due to the pending ending lifetime warranty options and the current 72 month 0% financing offer, I decided I would see if there is a truck on a lot that has the main things I wanted. After doing some searching I was able to find a truck that had what I wanted, as well as some things I didn't need. After working though a deal, I was able to get somewhere that I felt comfortable and the originally ordered truck has been cancelled (dealer was very understanding and worked with me on refunding the deposit since it was still in D).

So this is what I got.

Limted/4x4/Protection Group (didn't really need)/Body Color Bumper/BUG/Level 1/Anti-spin diff/5.7L eTorque/Pano/22" (didn't really need)/RamBox/Break Controller
Build Date: 10/10

MSRP: $70,540
Discount: $10,040
Price: $60,500 (plus competitive value on trade-in)

No rebates, but 72 month at 0%. The credit unions in my area are charging 4%+ on a 60 month, so the 0% far out ways any rebates.

This will be my first truck, can't wait to pick it up on Saturday!

JonR88

Reaction score
Ok, I just ordered my Ram. Attached is the order sheet. I have about 10K in rebates, discounts, whatever off so far. Obviously these numbers can change once the truck comes in. I am expecting sometime in December which can’t be bad since it’s end of year. Any thoughts on what I might be able to get off when this finally arrives E485BE7C-24F1-4C43-BD9A-E6B7038EBE44.jpeg E485BE7C-24F1-4C43-BD9A-E6B7038EBE44.jpeg E485BE7C-24F1-4C43-BD9A-E6B7038EBE44.jpeg E485BE7C-24F1-4C43-BD9A-E6B7038EBE44.jpeg

RedKnightRG

Reaction score

Hey Rancid - I had the same problems about being sure that I could see the full inventory of all RAMs on all lots in the entire US so I wrote a script to scrape Ram's webpage for all the trucks they have (software guy here)... If you tell me the exact option codes you want I could run it through and let you know if any of your trucks exist. I know for a fact that the truck I want doesn't exist anywhere (Laramie, 6' box, bench seats, e-torque hemi, off road group, 12" display, bed utility group...).

Srvguy

Reaction score
Went back through a handfull of pages. Looks like the average is about 19% off the MSRP. Other than a couple of crazy good 28% deals, I'm happy with my 21%. Like I mentioned before, I don't care what they call it or how they get there, dealer discount, rebates, customer cash, etc. Just show me the end result

View attachment 8655

Thanks for this. Just to make sure that I understand the numbers correctly. Is the 'Paid' column their final OTD price or does it exclude TTL, fees, etc?

4sallypat

Reaction score
Ok, I just ordered my Ram. Attached is the order sheet. I have about 10K in rebates, discounts, whatever off so far. Obviously these numbers can change once the truck comes in. I am expecting sometime in December which can’t be bad since it’s end of year. Any thoughts on what I might be able to get off when this finally arrives View attachment 9187 View attachment 9187 View attachment 9187 View attachment 9187
Did you get an EP (Employee Price) code for your deal ?

Users who are viewing this thread