5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Lateralus

Reaction score
Bought a Bighorn, stickered at $52,000 and got $14,000 off and a free TV. I then also got another $1000 off for USAA rebate.

zman9119

Reaction score
So dealer was discounting 4015.00 off MSRP.And you quailfied for 6500.00 in rebates so total off was 10,515.94.What was the regional rebates tied to the zip code where you were gonna tag it.Just go to Ram truck site and type in that zip code and will see what additional if any are available.I have seen a 5400 or 5500 AD6 Package discount out there..

What I received from the dealer this afternoon, plus them misquoting what they had agreed to one price by $400 higher...:

$5,000 combined base incentive & does not require financing thru Chrysler.
$1,500 Chrysler Capital offer
Total: $6,500 off

Incentives from the RAM website for my area:
Black Friday Retail Bonus Cash 38CK9[2] $1,000
Midwest BC Retail Consumer Cash 51CK1[6] $3,000
Midwest 2019 Retail Bonus Cash MWCKA1[4] $500
Chrysler Capital Black Friday Bonus Cash 39CK2[3] $500
Midwest Chrysler Capital 2019 Bonus Cash MWCK5[1] $1,000

Given invoice price: $46,981

zman9119

Reaction score
Without any additional incentives, I think you should be able to get between $11,500 to $12,000 off. If I remember correctly, the “invoice” on a $48k Big Horn is a hair over $45k, and one of the dealers I dealt with offered 6% below that + all rebates/incentives. FWIW, I’m also in Illinois.

Just received the invoice price (as it was the one item I didn't take a picture of): $46,981.

Received the usual, "we are a small dealer and..." excuse.

bigfro

Reaction score
@Roddog2220 @djwdjw Thank you guys for your help. I just ordered my 2019 Limited 4x4 with Ram Boxes. For those in the DFW area reach out to Kevin Eidson at Meador RAM. 817-547-9809. I think you will be very pleased. The entire process from phone call to signed papers was literally less than one hour. All done via phone/text/email. No funny business. He is the real deal.

I can vouch for meador, solid sales staff and their prices are hard to beat.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
@Roddog2220 @djwdjw Thank you guys for your help. I just ordered my 2019 Limited 4x4 with Ram Boxes. For those in the DFW area reach out to Kevin Eidson at Meador RAM. 817-547-9809. I think you will be very pleased. The entire process from phone call to signed papers was literally less than one hour. All done via phone/text/email. No funny business. He is the real deal.

hope you told him I referred you, I got hosed on the last referral I sent him bc it was my wife

Stasek

Reaction score
Just received the invoice price (as it was the one item I didn't take a picture of): $46,981.

Received the usual, "we are a small dealer and..." excuse.
Where in IL are you? The dealers around Chicago, while mostly full of you know what, are definitely more inclined to move inventory.

zman9119

Reaction score
Where in IL are you? The dealers around Chicago, while mostly full of you know what, are definitely more inclined to move inventory.

Central IL (sadly). I will check out some Chicago dealers now as I am up there weekly for work and bought my '03 when I lived up there.

Weird to be sitting on 3 of these 2019's just like the one I've looked at since early April 2018 and this is the lowest they have listed them at which includes every single discount that most people will not qualify for. Plus the back and forth over a $100 for 30 minutes which I ended up drinking at the bar after we left Saturday. Oh well, the search continues!

Runagun

Reaction score
Contact Larry from Tyson motors in Shorewood IL. He'll give you the best deal you've ever seen. The limited I bought. No one around touched his price. It did help I was a Tread lightly Member.

Central IL (sadly). I will check out some Chicago dealers now as I am up there weekly for work and bought my '03 when I lived up there.

Weird to be sitting on 3 of these 2019's just like the one I've looked at since early April 2018 and this is the lowest they have listed them at which includes every single discount that most people will not qualify for. Plus the back and forth over a $100 for 30 minutes which I ended up drinking at the bar after we left Saturday. Oh well, the search continues!

DSGB

Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought a Limited in Southern California. $10k off MSRP. $59k to $49k. May not be the best deal, but I was happy. Had all the options I wanted so I pulled the trigger. Got 3.24 for 84 months at my CU too.
Seems like a great deal....I'm located in
Hi guys, just bought a Limited in Southern California. $10k off MSRP. $59k to $49k. May not be the best deal, but I was happy. Had all the options I wanted so I pulled the trigger. Got 3.24 for 84 months at my CU too.
Sounds like a great deal . I'm located in SoCal too, do you mind sharing the dealership you worked with???

16RamHemi

Reaction score
I have been reading this thread daily and now have a great idea of what to expect pricewise. Im curious though, for those of you who are referencing being a tread lightly member.....how is that giving you any advantage when most dealers seem to be selling 4, 5, 6 + % below invoice. Isnt tread lightly 1% below invoice?

4sallypat

Reaction score
I have been reading this thread daily and now have a great idea of what to expect pricewise. Im curious though, for those of you who are referencing being a tread lightly member.....how is that giving you any advantage when most dealers seem to be selling 4, 5, 6 + % below invoice. Isnt tread lightly 1% below invoice?
Yes it's an affiliate discount.

I am waiting for an EP (Employee) code discount 5% under invoice...

Runagun

Reaction score
While that is true about the 1 percent. Reason I mention it is with the dealer I mention in the post above. I got a 68k limited for 53k+TTL. No one around me would get close to that deal. Only requirement to get that price was I needed to be a tread lightly member. Also 0% Financing for 36 months cost me 500 in rebates. Take if for what it's worth. I've dealt with alot of dealerships. Good Luck Whatever you choose.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
While that is true about the 1 percent. Reason I mention it is with the dealer I mention in the post above. I got a 68k limited for 53k+TTL. No one around me would get close to that deal. Only requirement to get that price was I needed to be a tread lightly member. Also 0% Financing for 36 months cost me 500 in rebates. Take if for what it's worth. I've dealt with alot of dealerships. Good Luck Whatever you choose.

From what I understand, and I could be wrong here, is having an affiliate code gets the dealer $750-$1k? rebate, period. Dealer can opt to give that to the buyer or take it themselves.

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
Seems like a great deal....I'm located in

Sounds like a great deal . I'm located in SoCal too, do you mind sharing the dealership you worked with???

Dependable Dodge in Canoga Park. Ask for Jon.

Rydell in San Fernando also has some aggressive pricing. I bought my 2015 Durango from them and they are great too.

CouchAssault

Reaction score
Bought a rebel e torque L2 with pano sunroof. MSRP 60600 got for 51200 before ttl. Used affiliate code.
Didn't qualify for the 0/72 That really sucked but.. bought from capital in Garner, nc. Probably could have negotiated a little better but It was about 6pm and I caved lol 2065936932.png

Runagun

Reaction score
Listen, there's dealers that make money from selling cars. There's others that make money from the amount of cars they sell. If your anywhere close to Tyson buy from them. If not find some that are looking to hit sales targets from FCA

From what I understand, and I could be wrong here, is having an affiliate code gets the dealer $750-$1k? rebate, period. Dealer can opt to give that to the buyer or take it themselves.

professorwest

Reaction score
What's the general consensus on December, do the incentives go up more for end of year ... or is November the peak? Nobody really knows, but historically, any thoughts?

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
I didn't know exactly where to fit this message and didn't want to start a new thread: Does anybody know of an online vehicle locator? I think I'd have more success working down price with a dealer that had the vehicle I want already in their inventory.

So far, I've just been searching Google maps for dealerships and zooming out to a large enough area I want to travel to and then hitting their websites individually. But I'd love to hear if there's a better way?

Users who are viewing this thread