5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Runagun

Reaction score
How to lose a potential customer - when someone inquires about the price of a truck, then when the number comes back too high and the customer tells the dealer this price is out of range (hoping to get a better deal), don’t tell the customer “shocking if you haven’t purchased a rig recently”....
Those guys just cross off your list. Before I bought my truck. I spoke to dealers all over the country. From local to cross country. If or when I look for my next truck first place will be Mark Dodge. Save me the BS dealing with anyone else. There's a reason why the dealers that are recommended here are recommended. They don't play games waste you time or add any other BS accessory fee. Had one dealer in elgin IL be nameless. Went for a test drive. Truck was sitting on their lot for 3+months. I never test drive where I buy. But for shyts and giggles wanted to see. When I brought my numbers I was looking for to pay. He looked at me like I was a alien. So a few weeks later I get a truck for higher msrp. And a OTD price that's lower then his selling price. They're dealer that make money on one car and others that make money on cars. Find those that make money on selling a bunch of cars.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Those guys just cross off your list. Before I bought my truck. I spoke to dealers all over the country. From local to cross country. If or when I look for my next truck first place will be Mark Dodge. Save me the BS dealing with anyone else. There's a reason why the dealers that are recommended here are recommended. They don't play games waste you time or add any other BS accessory fee. Had one dealer in elgin IL be nameless. Went for a test drive. Truck was sitting on their lot for 3+months. I never test drive where I buy. But for shyts and giggles wanted to see. When I brought my numbers I was looking for to pay. He looked at me like I was a alien. So a few weeks later I get a truck for higher msrp. And a OTD price that's lower then his selling price. They're dealer that make money on one car and others that make money on cars. Find those that make money on selling a bunch of cars.
Agreed and good strategy. The local dealer in my town is about $5k more than anyone else right now so I have no problem looking elsewhere.

I wouldn’t mind doing Mark Dodge but Aaron’s in lot inventory flies off the lot too quickly!

mwalker0402

Reaction score
Another data point for everyone. Just placed my order with Aaron at Mark Dodge. Very easy to work with and very responsive. Below are the specs of my build

2021 Laramie Crew 4X4, 5.7L eTorque, Flame Red, Night Edition, Laramie Level B Equipment Group, 3.92, 33 gal, Pano Sunroof, Uconnect 12 with Nav

MSRP: $62,740
Price before rebates $54,228
Rebates: $2,500 ( $1,000 Penfed, $500 Chrysler Cap, $500 National Retail Bonus, $500 Affiliate)
Sale Price $51,728

% off MSRP - 17.55% with 0% financing rate

Extremely happy with my deal. Local dealer was around $2,500 less. Now let the waiting game begin.

WarReadyVet

Reaction score
Another data point for everyone. Just placed my order with Aaron at Mark Dodge. Very easy to work with and very responsive. Below are the specs of my build

2021 Laramie Crew 4X4, 5.7L eTorque, Flame Red, Night Edition, Laramie Level B Equipment Group, 3.92, 33 gal, Pano Sunroof, Uconnect 12 with Nav

Rebates: $2,500 ( $1,000 Penfed, $500 Chrysler Cap, $500 National Retail Bonus, $500 Affiliate)
Sale Price $51,728

Extremely happy with my deal. Local dealer was around $2,500 less. Now let the waiting game begin.

Local dealer was less?

rbundy84

Reaction score

Sale Price $51,728

Fantastic and congrats!

Ramtruck86

Reaction score
Agreed and good strategy. The local dealer in my town is about $5k more than anyone else right now so I have no problem looking elsewhere.

I wouldn’t mind doing Mark Dodge but Aaron’s in lot inventory flies off the lot too quickly!
Possibility he has some trucks that are not listed on his website that would closely match what you are looking for. I would give him a email see about getting you a new truck soon!

rbundy84

Reaction score
Possibility he has some trucks that are not listed on his website that would closely match what you are looking for. I would give him a email see about getting you a new truck soon!
I was actually in the middle of an email to him when you posted this - thanks!

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've gotta stop reading this thread. Just checked the value of my truck and Carmax just gave me an offer at what I paid (including taxes and tags).

Before you sell, check prices. On a whim, I looked yesterday and my truck is 5-7K more than what I paid everywhere, even Mark Dodge. It'd cost me 63-65k to by my truck today

sflindsey

Reaction score
Another positive review for Aaron at Mark Dodge!!! I just placed the order today on the following:
2021 Limited Crew 4X4, 5.7L eTorque, Delmonico Red, Night Edition, Black Power Folder Trailer Tow Mirrors, Limited Level 1 Equipment Group, 3.92, 33 gal, Pano Sunroof, MFT, BUG, RamBox, Tech Group, Trailer Tow Group and Trailer Camera Wiring.

Orginally, I was not going for the Night Edition until a Delmonico Red Night Edition passed me on the interstate while vacationing in Florida. I decided at that point to go for the Night Edition.

MSRP $76,130
Price before rebates $66,101
TreadLightly discount: $500
Rebates: $1,500
Sale Price: $64,101

% off MSRP - 15.8%

I am very happy with this deal. Aaron was responsive and willing to do what was needed and answer all of my questions. We even worked around some problems that the dealership was having with their email service delivering emails to a couple of different email domains. Overall, I gave him four different builds to do. He willingly did all four. Another dealer that I asked for their best price told me to pick the one that I really wanted because doing the builds took a lot of time. This is one of the other high volume dealers mentioned frequently on the forums. Overall, the Mark Dodge price was $2,800 less that the other dealer's best offer. It was a "no brainer" for me to do a "fly and drive" from Columbus, OH. None of the local dealers could come close to matching the price that I received from Mark Dodge. None of the local dealers apparently wanted to sell a truck because none of them followed up after they sent me their "best deal".

My current 2019 Laramie will be sold to CarMax when I am ready. Their actual appraisal was $1,100 less that what the on-line offer was. I took the truck in to have them give me an actual number. They offered me $1,000 to $3,000 more than any of the local dealers that I contacted.

Thank you to all of the posts that helped educate me on getting the best deal. SilentBob's posts are extremely helpful and very insightful.
Just had one of the local dealers call me to see if I received everything that I needed. The last time I heard from them was March 3rd. I told the dealer that I did not need anything else and that I had placed my order yesterday. He said okay and asked to consider his dealership for a future purchase. Why would I do that? He did not even ask why I did not order with his dealership. The build that he gave me his "best price" on was $3800 less on the MSRP than the build that I placed my order on. The sale price through Mark Dodge was $100 less than what the local dealership was giving their "best sale price" on. Geez!!! You could have had a sale but you must not have really wanted it until you are near the end of the month and you are following up on leads from the month.

sflindsey

Reaction score

Sale Price $51,728

Now it is a race to see whose build gets done first! :)

Last edited:

ANARCHER

Reaction score
Everyone qualifies for PenFed and Tread Lightly. Access Fund is $50 less than Tread Lightly. Use the link in my signature to find all the information.

Don't worry about the dealership. They make money on every deal. You are doing them a favor by buying from them. If you find the deal of the century, and get 30% off MSRP, that dealership is still making money or they wouldn't do it.
Thanks for the awesome thread compilation with all your info you worked to put together - they really did help.

I ended up getting a decent discount to where I was happy. I pulled the trigger today on my new, 2021 Limited 1500 /w eTorque. I absolutely love this truck. It's a far cry from my 06 and it will be a shame to see her go (if I sell it or donate to the American Legion) but she's got plenty of life left in her as she was taken care of very well and will serve someone else well. Truth be told, the new 1500 Limited in the diamond black with the night package looks a lot more stunning that I thought it would parked the driveway next to our Durango RT AWD in diamond black with the blacktop package. I'll try to snag some photos once we get the ceramic coating done here next Friday.

jayeduke

Reaction score
Hey All- This is my first official post but I have been quietly lurking for a month or so. There are many of you who post pretty regular and I just want to say thank you for the time and effort you put in. Your insight and advice has been incredibly valuable. Thank you.

So I went with Mark Dodge and like so many of you I worked with Aaron. Heres where I am.

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited Diamond Black

MSRP with all the options was $74,595.00
Marks Price - $63,435 ($200 Dealer Fee Included)

So thats what 15% off MSRP.

I then received $3750 in Rebates

That brings us down to $59,685 Plus taxes, tag, & Title

Thats right at 20% off MSRP if my math serves.

Best of all it was pretty painless. Aaron was not the lowest price I received but he was willing to match the lowest price once I showed it to him. I went with Mark Dodge because of their hassle free process, location, price, and the positive reviews they receive here on this forum.

The only question I have left that I have not found a clear cut response to is this.

Can I still sign up for PenFed to get an additional 1K off now that I have already ordered my truck?

Thanks to all of you, especially SilentBob. You literally saved me 10k. Thank you.

Jayson090

Reaction score
Hey All- This is my first official post but I have been quietly lurking for a month or so. There are many of you who post pretty regular and I just want to say thank you for the time and effort you put in. Your insight and advice has been incredibly valuable. Thank you.

So I went with Mark Dodge and like so many of you I worked with Aaron. Heres where I am.

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited Diamond Black

MSRP with all the options was $74,595.00
Marks Price - $63,435 ($200 Dealer Fee Included)

So thats what 15% off MSRP.

I then received $3750 in Rebates

That brings us down to $59,685 Plus taxes, tag, & Title

Thats right at 20% off MSRP if my math serves.

Best of all it was pretty painless. Aaron was not the lowest price I received but he was willing to match the lowest price once I showed it to him. I went with Mark Dodge because of their hassle free process, location, price, and the positive reviews they receive here on this forum.

The only question I have left that I have not found a clear cut response to is this.

Can I still sign up for PenFed to get an additional 1K off now that I have already ordered my truck?

Thanks to all of you, especially SilentBob. You literally saved me 10k. Thank you.

Congrats on the new truck! That’s an awesome combo. Can you break down your $3,750 in rebates? I’m in a similar boat of looking to order with Aaron, but no where close to those rebates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbundy84

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! That’s an awesome combo. Can you break down your $3,750 in rebates? I’m in a similar boat of looking to order with Aaron, but no where close to those rebates.

Current rebates are $2750 I believe - there may be another $1000 through Pen Fred or another resource - I am curious myself as I’m currently working with Aaron

I know it may not be exactly the same this year, but does anyone know the rebates from last June/July? (Since trucks are 10-13 weeks out currently and that is when the anticipated timeline is?

Jayson090

Reaction score
Current rebates are $2750 I believe - there may be another $1000 through Pen Fred or another resource - I am curious myself as I’m currently working with Aaron

I know it may not be exactly the same this year, but does anyone know the rebates from last June/July? (Since trucks are 10-13 weeks out currently and that is when the anticipated timeline is?

Unless I’m mistaken, rebates in Ohio are $1750 for a limited or $500/0% through FCA. You can add Penfed on top of that, but that’s still pretty far off.

jayeduke

Reaction score
2021 National Retail Consumer Cash

Thanks Man - Pretty Excited. Now the wait begins while they build it out lol.

If I did it right. you should see the attachment.

Let me know if you cant see it or you have any questions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 7.30.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 7.30.19 AM.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 73

Jayson090

Reaction score
2021 National Retail Consumer Cash

Thanks Man - Pretty Excited. Now the wait begins while they build it out lol.

If I did it right. you should see the attachment.

Let me know if you cant see it or you have any questions.

Thanks for sharing. I’m not familiar with the 2nd to bottom rebate. Is that dealer specific? For the bottom one, I guess Denver residents are lucky getting an extra bit more! :)

jayeduke

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I’m not familiar with the 2nd to bottom rebate. Is that dealer specific? For the bottom one, I guess Denver residents are lucky getting an extra bit more! :)

Soooooooo I am not from Denver... So I couldn't tell ya LOL. I am from Kansas.

Phillip out in Washington gave me that deal and Aaron matched it and added $500 Chrysler Bonus Cash when I sent him the email I received from Chrysler.

Unfortunately I am not an expert at all this so hopefully others will chime in but I don't know any reason why "I" would qualify for the Denver Cash and you would not. Ask Aaron and see what he says...

They did need my zipcode so maybe I am wrong and that rebate is locked to my Zip.

Last edited:

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Soooooooo I am not from Denver... So I couldn't tell ya LOL. I am from Kansas.

Phillip out in Washington gave me that deal and Aaron matched it and added $500 Chrysler Bonus Cash when I sent him the email I received from Chrysler.

Unfortunately I am not an expert at all this so hopefully others will chime in but I don't know any reason why "I" would qualify for the Denver Cash and you would not. Ask Aaron and see what he says...

They did need my zipcode so maybe I am wrong and that rebate is locked to my Zip.

This is definitely just me projecting my jealousy but I don't think you're going to get as much off as you think but please rub it in our faces when you take delivery :p I'm only getting $1000 (PenFed) + $500 (Chrysler capital) off. Our deals were similar but you are getting $1500 off more than me. It's only one car payment since I'm financing for 5 years so I'm not that hurt :p just jealous.

Mine was MSRP $76,200 down to $63475 or 16.7% off with locked in incentives.

Users who are viewing this thread