5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
2021 National Retail Consumer Cash
2021 National Retail Consumer Cash

Thanks Man - Pretty Excited. Now the wait begins while they build it out lol.

If I did it right. you should see the attachment.

Let me know if you cant see it or you have any questions.

Thanks Man - Pretty Excited. Now the wait begins while they build it out lol.

If I did it right. you should see the attachment.

Let me know if you cant see it or you have any questions.
That 40CMD is not a rebate exactly. It’s a coupon that a dealership can apply to a dealer discount to sweeten an offer to a customer. Dealerships are given a set amount to use. It is basically a manufacture to dealer incentive and is not something the general public would be privy to.
It is most unlikely that you will be able to count on that, but hey it NEVER hurts to ask!

As far as the PenFed $1,000 rebate, the control number must be provided at time of ordering for it to be included in rebates that you would want locked in. If the available incentives are the same or better at closing you could apply the PenFed rebate at that time if you do not qualify for it yet.

For ordering and applying an extra rebate, Instead of the PenFed rebate that you do not qualify for yet, get the TrueCar $500 rebate control number instead. There is no wait for it to be available and it can be superseded by the PenFed $1000 (PenFed is actually a TrueCar rebate as well) if the incentives are the same or better at close.

Here is the link for TrueCar $500

Last edited:

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
My Nephew was so pleased with the price he got from Aaron he decided to add three other options to his build. It is now signed sealed and ordered.

MSRP $58125

Sale Price $51238 -$500 tread lightly affiliate = $50738 plus any applicable rebates, and ttl.

Aaron Ginsburgh
Sales Manager
Mark Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep LLC.

Model: DT6H98 1500 BIGHORN/LONESTAR CREW 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 FT 7 IN box)
Package: 27Z Customer Preferred Package 27Z
EZL 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
DFR 8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Paint/Seat/Trim: PW7 Bright White Clear Coat
APA Monotone Paint
*T9 Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seat
-X9 Black
Options: XHC Trailer Brake Control
RC3 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
DMH 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
AD6 Premium Lighting Group
MRU Mopar Black Tubular Side Steps
AJ1 Level 1 Safety Group
CS7 Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
ANT Bed Utility Group
CUE Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
AWL Off Road Group
MWH Rear Wheelhouse Liners
ASH Night Edition
NFF 33 Gallon Fuel Tank
A63 Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
XBM Remote Start System

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That 40CMD is not a rebate exactly. It’s a coupon that a dealership can apply to a dealer discount to sweeten an offer to a customer. Dealerships are given a set amount to use. It is basically a manufacture to dealer incentive and is not something the general public would be privy to.
It is most unlikely that you will be able to count on that, but hey it NEVER hurts to ask!

As far as the PenFed $1,000 rebate, the control number must be provided at time of ordering for it to be included in rebates that you would want locked in. If the available incentives are the same or better at closing you could apply the PenFed rebate at that time if you do not qualify for it yet.

For ordering and applying an extra rebate, Instead of the PenFed rebate that you do not qualify for yet, get the TruCar $500 rebate control number instead. There is no wait for it to be available and it can be superseded by the PenFed $1000 (PenFed is actually a TruCar rebate as well) if the incentives are the same or better at close.

Here is the link for TruCar $500
You guys are killin' this stuff!
Me, I throw darts at circles that say "$500 off", $750 off", $1,000 off"

jayeduke

Reaction score
This is definitely just me projecting my jealousy but I don't think you're going to get as much off as you think but please rub it in our faces when you take delivery :p I'm only getting $1000 (PenFed) + $500 (Chrysler capital) off. Our deals were similar but you are getting $1500 off more than me. It's only one car payment since I'm financing for 5 years so I'm not that hurt :p just jealous.

Mine was MSRP $76,200 down to $63475 or 16.7% off with locked in incentives.

Adam - You could be completely right so no worries. And even if it swings $1k in the other direction I am still pretty excited about the deal.

The incentives that I posted above are what I had to sign and send back to Aaron.

He didn't mention anything about them not applying at the time of pickup but I will circle back and ask him more directly.

jayeduke

Reaction score

For ordering and applying an extra rebate, Instead of the PenFed rebate that you do not qualify for yet, get the TrueCar $500 rebate control number instead. There is no wait for it to be available and it can be superseded by the PenFed $1000 (PenFed is actually a TrueCar rebate as well) if the incentives are the same or better at close.

Here is the link for TrueCar $500

Man - Tons of great info here. Thank you for helping me to understand all this a bit better.

Question - If I was offered the 40CMD incentive and thats on the paperwork I signed with Aaron then why would I not be able to get that at the time of pickup? Do they expire? Not arguing. Actually very grateful for your entire comment. Just trying to understand.

I will do the TrueCar T O D A Y lol.

Thanks

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Man - Tons of great info here. Thank you for helping me to understand all this a bit better.

Question - If I was offered the 40CMD incentive and thats on the paperwork I signed with Aaron then why would I not be able to get that at the time of pickup? Do they expire? Not arguing. Actually very grateful for your entire comment. Just trying to understand.

I will do the TrueCar T O D A Y lol.

Thanks
If you were offered and you received, BEAUTIFUL.

Any incentives that are locked in by Aaron are indeed locked in. Once you agree on everything and sign up with Aaron you have no worries.

All I was doing was explaining what that particular incentive is and how it might be applied to a deal, it’s a hidden incentive and not something that is handed out Willy Nilly. I asked Aaron to throw that coupon at my Nephews deal, Aaron demurred 😝

PS. You mentioned Aaron having to meet or beat an offer, that may be why that particular coupon was used. Just a thought.

Also, it seems you have signed and the order was finalized? If so, you are indeed locked in and trying to add the $500 TrueCar to your deal might not bear fruit. But do try...

Last edited:

sflindsey

Reaction score
Another positive review for Aaron at Mark Dodge!!! I just placed the order today on the following:
2021 Limited Crew 4X4, 5.7L eTorque, Delmonico Red, Night Edition, Black Power Folder Trailer Tow Mirrors, Limited Level 1 Equipment Group, 3.92, 33 gal, Pano Sunroof, MFT, BUG, RamBox, Tech Group, Trailer Tow Group and Trailer Camera Wiring.

Orginally, I was not going for the Night Edition until a Delmonico Red Night Edition passed me on the interstate while vacationing in Florida. I decided at that point to go for the Night Edition.

MSRP $76,130
Price before rebates $66,101
TreadLightly discount: $500
Rebates: $1,500
Sale Price: $64,101

% off MSRP - 15.8%

I am very happy with this deal. Aaron was responsive and willing to do what was needed and answer all of my questions. We even worked around some problems that the dealership was having with their email service delivering emails to a couple of different email domains. Overall, I gave him four different builds to do. He willingly did all four. Another dealer that I asked for their best price told me to pick the one that I really wanted because doing the builds took a lot of time. This is one of the other high volume dealers mentioned frequently on the forums. Overall, the Mark Dodge price was $2,800 less that the other dealer's best offer. It was a "no brainer" for me to do a "fly and drive" from Columbus, OH. None of the local dealers could come close to matching the price that I received from Mark Dodge. None of the local dealers apparently wanted to sell a truck because none of them followed up after they sent me their "best deal".

My current 2019 Laramie will be sold to CarMax when I am ready. Their actual appraisal was $1,100 less that what the on-line offer was. I took the truck in to have them give me an actual number. They offered me $1,000 to $3,000 more than any of the local dealers that I contacted.

Thank you to all of the posts that helped educate me on getting the best deal. SilentBob's posts are extremely helpful and very insightful.
Just got my VIN a few minutes ago from Aaron. He originally said it would take 72 hours. It took less than 48.

jayeduke

Reaction score
If you were offered and you received, BEAUTIFUL.

Any incentives that are locked in by Aaron are indeed locked in. Once you agree on everything and sign up with Aaron you have no worries.

All I was doing was explaining what that particular incentive is and how it might be applied to a deal, it’s a hidden incentive and not something that is handed out Willy Nilly. I asked Aaron to throw that coupon at my Nephews deal, Aaron demurred 😝

PS. You mentioned Aaron having to meet or beat an offer, that may be why that particular coupon was used. Just a thought.

Also, it seems you have signed and the order was finalized? If so, you are indeed locked in and trying to add the $500 TrueCar to your deal might not bear fruit. But do try...

Totally understood and thank you again.

I locked in the deal 3/24 and received my VIN today. I will report back to let everyone know how it ends in a few months lol. I'll be curious to see what incentives are June.

Aaron did match an offer that I was given by another dealership so your probably correct.

Thanks for the heads up on the Truecar.

So it sounds like joining PENFED is still a good idea if for any reason I want to take the incentives offered in June then I could use that 1k. Thanks you!

Now.. off to the 5 Best Accessories for your 5th generation thread. I am sure there is some stuff in their to spend my money on lol.

Chuck19

Reaction score
My Nephew was so pleased with the price he got from Aaron he decided to add three other options to his build. It is now signed sealed and ordered.

MSRP $58125

Sale Price $51238 -$500 tread lightly affiliate = $50738 plus any applicable rebates, and ttl.

Aaron Ginsburgh
Sales Manager
Mark Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep LLC.

Model: DT6H98 1500 BIGHORN/LONESTAR CREW 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 FT 7 IN box)
Package: 27Z Customer Preferred Package 27Z
EZL 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
DFR 8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Paint/Seat/Trim: PW7 Bright White Clear Coat
APA Monotone Paint
*T9 Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seat
-X9 Black
Options: XHC Trailer Brake Control
RC3 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
DMH 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
AD6 Premium Lighting Group
MRU Mopar Black Tubular Side Steps
AJ1 Level 1 Safety Group
CS7 Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
ANT Bed Utility Group
CUE Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
AWL Off Road Group
MWH Rear Wheelhouse Liners
ASH Night Edition
NFF 33 Gallon Fuel Tank
A63 Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
XBM Remote Start System
What is XBM Remote start? Mine was just under the Group 2 package. Is that some special kind of remote start?

mophead

Reaction score
What is XBM Remote start? Mine was just under the Group 2 package. Is that some special kind of remote start?
From my recollection, (which at my age could def be wrong) the build sheet shows all codes for the build, whether they are part of a pkg or not.

If you look at Black Book under Optional equipment you can see all the codes. BTW you can enter your VIN to get base MSRP and Invoice. You have to check off optional equipment to get the total price again MSRP and Invoice

Additional nice feature is there is a description for what goes with what and what you can't order with a particular configuration

Notice: I can't vouch for the accuracy as I noticed they hadn't updated the pricing for Base models and some packages, still useful tool though.

Chuck19

Reaction score
From my recollection, (which at my age could def be wrong) the build sheet shows all codes for the build, whether they are part of a pkg or not.

If you look at Black Book under Optional equipment you can see all the codes. BTW you can enter your VIN to get base MSRP and Invoice. You have to check off optional equipment to get the total price again MSRP and Invoice

Additional nice feature is there is a description for what goes with what and what you can't order with a particular configuration

Notice: I can't vouch for the accuracy as I noticed they hadn't updated the pricing for Base models and some packages, still useful tool though.

OK thanks for the clarification. I will check out the black book.
Same for this build, for some reason it was broken into a separate line item but listed at $0.
Mine doesnt have it seperate so if for some reason mine doesnt have it then I will have to pass 😂

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can get the $1000 PenFed if you take delivery 60 days or more after you sign up for the bank account with them. Sigh up now and chances are good your build is 60 days out.

El_Draque

Reaction score
You can get the $1000 PenFed if you take delivery 60 days or more after you sign up for the bank account with them. Sigh up now and chances are good your build is 60 days out.
Can i order a truck while still during the 60 days and apply the PenFed at delivery?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can i order a truck while still during the 60 days and apply the PenFed at delivery?

Aaron @ Mark Dodge would not combine PenFed + RAM email incentive as they’re both consumer retail coupons but he said since my RAM email expires 3/31, he’d be happy to lock in my PenFed discount via TrueCar when I take delivery.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Yes, but you cannot lock in the current incentives and 0% available at ordering date and then add the PenFed at closing. You would have to accept whatever incentives are available at closing.

The best idea is to add the $500 TrueCar rebate control number to the incentives available now and lock those in. At closing if the incentives are the same or better, drop the TrueCar $500 and add in the PenFed $1000.

The TrueCar and PenFed ARE rebates. And they are subject to the rules as far as locking in the rebate at ordering.

The Tread Lightly discount or any affiliate discount from invoice are not rebates and CAN be added at closing even if you are locked in on current rebates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread