5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016
2021 Bighorn crew night edition and level 2

MSRP $51,730
Incentives $6750
Dealer discount. $2750
Price paid
(before T,T, doc) $42,230
Used FCA financing
18% off MSRP if I calculated properly
Not the greatest dealer discount but considering current inventory, in stock, excellent trade value and dealer reputation I am pleased with the deal.
Tried one of the forum vendors and got 11% off MSRP and all incentives but the trade was $4k below the lowest local dealers.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Yes, but you cannot lock in the current incentives and 0% available at ordering date and then add the PenFed at closing. You would have to accept whatever incentives are available at closing.

The best idea is to add the $500 TrueCar rebate control number to the incentives available now and lock those in. At closing if the incentives are the same or better, drop the TrueCar $500 and add in the PenFed $1000.

The TrueCar and PenFed ARE rebates. And they are subject to the rules as far as locking in the rebate at ordering.

The Tread Lightly discount or any affiliate discount from invoice are not rebates and CAN be added at closing even if you are locked in on current rebates.
Do you have a link for the $500 truecar rebate?

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
I can't tell you the minimum but you can pay it off with the first payment. Request a total payoff number from CC when you get the first payment notice and write a check. Total charges should be under $100. I missed the total payment method on the first notice and sent a check for the total minus $1000 to keep interest low. Found it on the second bill, sent a check for the remainder and they sent me paid in full notice a few weeks later.
I have purchased 3 RAM 1500s. 17, 19, 21 (just a week ago). Used Chrysler Financial on all three. The minimum finance amount has differed in all 3 and has been different depending on the dealership. The range has been from $6k to $10k. I still have not figured out why there is so much confusion on this. But, I can tell you for sure and certain that it cost 2 different dealerships a sale. While I shop hard and buy only if I get the deal I predetermine, or less, I will pay a bit extra for a straight up no BS dealer who has transparent pricing. As one of the TV advertising says " I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two"....I don't mean to suggest I know it all but I can spot a dealer who is zooming me in a heartbeat. At the end of the day they're going to sell all their inventory one way or another. In my case what they miss is repeat business and referrals. I'm proud to say that this January 2021 I reached my 101st referral to an automotive group that is straight up honest with transparent pricing and has customer satisfaction as their number 1 objective after the sale. In every case the buyer came from a situation where the dealership played pricing games or were simply difficult to get a straight answer from.

El_Draque

Reaction score
Yes, but you cannot lock in the current incentives and 0% available at ordering date and then add the PenFed at closing. You would have to accept whatever incentives are available at closing.

The best idea is to add the $500 TrueCar rebate control number to the incentives available now and lock those in. At closing if the incentives are the same or better, drop the TrueCar $500 and add in the PenFed $1000.

The TrueCar and PenFed ARE rebates. And they are subject to the rules as far as locking in the rebate at ordering.

The Tread Lightly discount or any affiliate discount from invoice are not rebates and CAN be added at closing even if you are locked in on current rebates.
Can i get the $500 TrueCar without being military?

Satchamo

Reaction score
My Nephew was so pleased with the price he got from Aaron he decided to add three other options to his build. It is now signed sealed and ordered.

MSRP $58125

Sale Price $51238 -$500 tread lightly affiliate = $50738 plus any applicable rebates, and ttl.

Aaron Ginsburgh
Sales Manager
Mark Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep LLC.

Model: DT6H98 1500 BIGHORN/LONESTAR CREW 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 FT 7 IN box)
Package: 27Z Customer Preferred Package 27Z
EZL 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
DFR 8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Paint/Seat/Trim: PW7 Bright White Clear Coat
APA Monotone Paint
*T9 Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seat
-X9 Black
Options: XHC Trailer Brake Control
RC3 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
DMH 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
AD6 Premium Lighting Group
MRU Mopar Black Tubular Side Steps
AJ1 Level 1 Safety Group
CS7 Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
ANT Bed Utility Group
CUE Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
AWL Off Road Group
MWH Rear Wheelhouse Liners
ASH Night Edition
NFF 33 Gallon Fuel Tank
A63 Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
XBM Remote Start System

That’s a fantastic deal!

So I got a quote from Aaron myself and his price was right at the same 13% or so off msrp.

Is it safe to assume that’s where he is discounting big horns off msrp so I don’t have to bug him with every new build configuration I come up with?

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
I have purchased 3 RAM 1500s. 17, 19, 21 (just a week ago). Used Chrysler Financial on all three. The minimum finance amount has differed in all 3 and has been different depending on the dealership. The range has been from $6k to $10k. I still have not figured out why there is so much confusion on this. But, I can tell you for sure and certain that it cost 2 different dealerships a sale. While I shop hard and buy only if I get the deal I predetermine, or less, I will pay a bit extra for a straight up no BS dealer who has transparent pricing. As one of the TV advertising says " I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two"....I don't mean to suggest I know it all but I can spot a dealer who is zooming me in a heartbeat. At the end of the day they're going to sell all their inventory one way or another. In my case what they miss is repeat business and referrals. I'm proud to say that this January 2021 I reached my 101st referral to an automotive group that is straight up honest with transparent pricing and has customer satisfaction as their number 1 objective after the sale. In every case the buyer came from a situation where the dealership played pricing games or were simply difficult to get a straight answer from.
Paying a dealership more because they were transparent, honest, and customer centric. Plus giving referrals to said honest dealership...

Gee, what’s so F’N hard about that? It’s just insane how blind most dealer principals are.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
That’s a fantastic deal!

So I got a quote from Aaron myself and his price was right at the same 13% or so off msrp.

Is it safe to assume that’s where he is discounting big horns off msrp so I don’t have to bug him with every new build configuration I come up with?
I got three different quotes from Aaron because my Nephew kept adding options. He kind of went nuts and went north of $13k in options. Every quote came back within a couple of hundredths. All around 12.7%, I think the last was 12.7%. The final price before TT&L should be about 19.6% off MSRP +/-

Last edited:

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
Paying a dealership more because they were transparent, honest, and customer centric. Plus giving referrals to said honest dealership...

Gee, what’s so F’N hard about that? It’s just insane how blind most dealer principals are.
Not sure I understand what point you are making in response to my post?
You refer often to Aaron, do you work for the dealership? Sounds like they are a tremendous resource.

Ramtruck86

Reaction score
I got three different quotes from Aaron because my Nephew kept adding options. He kind of went nuts and went north of $13k in options. Every quote came back within a couple of hundredths. All around 12.7%, I think the last was 12.7%. The final price before TT&L should be about 19.6% off MSRP +/-
Thats wild! Based on rebates Laramie is $2,500 and big horn is $3,750... Surely half the stuff he wanted likely standard on a Laramie. By time you check all those boxes... I know I mentioned this before but a highly option Big Horn vs Laramie the laramie will certainly hold more value for trade down the road...

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
You refer often to Aaron, do you work for the dealership? Sounds like they are a tremendous resource.
What’s not to understand? Most dealerships are scum. You (and most anyone with a lick of common sense) were willing to pay a bit more to be treated like a human.

I refer often to Aaron because I have been working car deals, new, used, buy, sell, (for myself or friends and family) over the last 35 years of my life. In this deal I just worked for my Nephew, Aaron came in with a no hassle, responsive and honestly unbelievable offer. We are in a sellers market the likes of which I never could have imagined yet Aaron and his dealership are still willing to make no hassle deals that are cutting their profits to the bone.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Thats wild! Based on rebates Laramie is $2,500 and big horn is $3,750... Surely half the stuff he wanted likely standard on a Laramie. By time you check all those boxes... I know I mentioned this before but a highly option Big Horn vs Laramie the laramie will certainly hold more value for trade down the road...
Doing the math and comparing fatures, a similar Laramie would have been about $63,000 MSRP. He was unable to justify the additional $5,000 over the Lone Star MSRP as equipped. Also, when taking advantage of the 0% Laramie only has $1,000 in rebates up front, the Lone Star has $3,000 with the 0%. That is a real difference of $7,000 between the two trucks.

Last edited:

El_Draque

Reaction score
Placed order at local dealer today.

2021 Bighorn Crew 6'4 4x4 Night Edition

MSRP: $57,940
Incentives: $6,000 (including PenFed)
Dealer discount:. $3,951 (including affiliate program)
Price (before T,T, doc): $47,989
roughly 18% off MSRP unless better incentives at delivery

This was at my local dealer. Mark Dodge offered a bit less but since I am in PA I didn't think shipping or flying was worth the hassle. Overall I am satisfied with this deal

Full specs below:

2021 1500 Big Horn
- Billet Silver
- Crew Cab 4x4
- 6'4 bed
- 5.7 eTorque
- 3.92 gears
- 33 gallon fuel tank
- Big Horn Level 2
- Night Edition
- Premium Lighting Group
- Bed Utility Group
- Protection Group
- Multi Function Tailgate
- 9 Amplified speakers plus subwoofer
- Blind Spot Monitoring and cross path
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Mopar floor mats
- Rear wheelwell liners
- Dealer Installed Amp Extreme power running boards (not included in above price)

Dealer was unsure if the Blind Spot Monitoring will be available, I hope it is but its not the end of the world if i cant get it, the little blind spot corner mirrors are really good already.

I had to have a Night Edition so a comparable Laramie was a significant step up in price from this Big Horn, as well as this is my first truck ever and i am already at the limit of what my wife will let me spend.. I really wish the Big Horn had the proximity entry and power passenger seat, other than those two things the truck is perfect for me. I was able to test drive a similar truck today (Big Horn quad cab 4x4, Level 2, Night edition) i fell in love instantly, now the wait begins..

Last edited:

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score

What’s not to understand? Most dealerships are scum. You (and most anyone with a lick of common sense) were willing to pay a bit more to be treated like a human.

I refer often to Aaron because I have been working car deals, new, used, buy, sell, (for myself or friends and family) over the last 35 years of my life. In this deal I just worked for my Nephew, Aaron came in with a no hassle, responsive and honestly unbelievable offer. We are in a sellers market the likes of which I never could have imagined yet Aaron and his dealership are still willing to make no hassle deals that are cutting their profits to the bone.
Ok now I understand, you think I lack common sense. I'll stack my 45+ years experience in the business against yours anytime. You keep on nudging people to Aaron as long as you wish. At some point you should consider pointing out the other financial impacts of the cost to ship, the waiting time and it's impact on the value of trade ins over time, and the lost tax benefits of trading vs trying to sell to Carmax etc. In the meantime our vehicles are on the ground and being used daily, rather than waiting and watching for a month or three. As I believe you stated in one of your posts, the dealer always makes money so cutting profits to the bone is a subjective view.
Have a great day

Eldodroptop

Reaction score

Ok now I understand, you think I lack common sense. I'll stack my 45+ years experience in the business against yours anytime. You keep on nudging people to Aaron as long as you wish. At some point you should consider pointing out the other financial impacts of the cost to ship, the waiting time and it's impact on the value of trade ins over time, and the lost tax benefits of trading vs trying to sell to Carmax etc. In the meantime our vehicles are on the ground and being used daily, rather than waiting and watching for a month or three. As I believe you stated in one of your posts, the dealer always makes money so cutting profits to the bone is a subjective view.
Have a great day
Are you insane or what? WTF??? Where are you getting an insult out of my posts???

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
Are you insane or what? WTF??? Where are you getting an insult out of my posts???
No insult taken. Just the facts. You feel I'm lacking common sense and I feel you are missing a good part of the total equation to purchasing a new vehicle from afar because the dealer is willing to knock 12% or more off the MSRP, which we both know has no bearing on the dealers true cost and profit. At the end of the day what matters is how much out of pocket does the entire deal cost the buyer, including all costs. And to whom do you turn to when the rare major problem occurs with the new vehicle. Several hundred miles from home is of no benefit when you need dealer support.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
No insult taken. Just the facts. You feel I'm lacking common sense and I feel you are missing a good part of the total equation to purchasing a new vehicle from afar because the dealer is willing to knock 12% or more off the MSRP, which we both know has no bearing on the dealers true cost and profit. At the end of the day what matters is how much out of pocket does the entire deal cost the buyer, including all costs. And to whom do you turn to when the rare major problem occurs with the new vehicle. Several hundred miles from home is of no benefit when you need dealer support.
Ok, you need to reread my posts in reply to you.

I was giving you respect! You chose to do business with an honest dealership even if it cost a little more! Most people do not have the common sense to do what you did.

Jesus...

Users who are viewing this thread