5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was just sent this offer. Good deal or should I wait? Been waiting since last March...
Msrp 52015
Out the door 40800 +TTL
%21.5 off
That is a good deal - I don't think you're likely to get significantly better than that based on what I've found. I got basically that exact deal on my similar 2019 BH and was recently talking with a few dealers about expecting a similar discount and they said it would be hard to get that aggressive right now because they don't typically have a lot on the lots due to covid shutdowns etc.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Here's a deal I got for a Rebel I'm looking at. What do you think? Only thing it's missing that I really wanted was the Comfort and Convenience option. $49,749. 16.84% off MSRP. I was looking at doing a build, but ran into this offer.
1612922838480.png

DAT84

Reaction score
Those of you who have financed through FCA, what APR are you getting? Credit score is 800+. Thinking the additional discounts with the standard financing may be cheaper in the long run.

Last edited:

Kurtislowe68

Reaction score
Those of you who have financed through FCA, what APR are you getting? Credit score is 800+. Thinking the additional discounts with the standard financing may be cheaper in the long run.
When I bought I got a 4.99%! And I also have a 800+ score. I just laughed and said ok well I’ll refinance next month to save the additional $500. Refinanced through my credit union for 2.74% three weeks later. It’s a joke

DAT84

Reaction score
When I bought I got a 4.99%! And I also have a 800+ score. I just laughed and said ok well I’ll refinance next month to save the additional $500. Refinanced through my credit union for 2.74% three weeks later. It’s a joke
Lol. Wow. I heard it was bad, but didn't realize how bad.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Lol. Wow. I heard it was bad, but didn't realize how bad.
I just got 0% with Chrysler Capital, for 60 months. This month, you can get 0% for 72 months! Your credit score will be fine.

If you are looking to order, then you won't take receipt until late March or April. Maybe they'll still be offering 0%, maybe they won't.

It's easy enough to calculate the $$ savings between 0% and whatever finance charge you can get at a bank or credit union. Then you can compare that savings to deals you might sacrifice when taking the 0%. There is no way you should accept a 0% deal that is equal to or worse than a +% loan.

I got 15.3% off MSRP (including the $399 dealer doc fee) and 0%. Compared to a 3.5% loan, I am saving about $5800 in interest. If I could only get 3.5% and 0% wasn't available, I'd need another $5200 in discounts/rebates to end up with the same loan cost, unless I put money down. Let's say I did it this way, that would be about 23%+ off MSRP. So that's roughly your target. If you can't get 23% or more off MSRP, then go for 0%.

Of course your chosen truck/options, and your best finance rate, which may be better than 3.5%, would slightly change those numbers. But this example helps you understand.

And again, you can get 0% from Chrysler Capital TODAY.

spectre494

Reaction score
Looks like RAM is offering $4200 off a 2021 big horn with national incentives. Is this an average discount? High? My lease is up in June so was looking to get my next car around then instead of now

WReckeR

Reaction score
Looks like RAM is offering $4200 off a 2021 big horn with national incentives. Is this an average discount? High? My lease is up in June so was looking to get my next car around then instead of now
When it says "Up to", that usually means that it's dependent on whether or not you finance with Chrysler Capital. If you do not, then you will not get the $500 incentive, but you will get the rest. Some incentives are national, and some are regional. Be sure you have used your zip code when reviewing the available incentives. Also, note that leasing incentives are different from purchase incentives. Further, 0% incentives are different than incentives with a finance rate.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

Big Horns seem to have the best incentives, on average, throughout the year.

Thinking the additional discounts with the standard financing may be cheaper in the long run.

Information on this as well as a link to Auto Rebate vs. Low Interest Financing Calculator can be found here.

ny2az

Reaction score
l checked with MARK Ram in La. and there pricing is very good ... but there trade in pricing is not strong ... best deal with Mark Ram is no trade in's ....

Last edited:

spectre494

Reaction score
Big Horns seem to have the best incentives, on average, throughout the year.

Information on this as well as a link to Auto Rebate vs. Low Interest Financing Calculator can be found here.

Right but are the current finance/cashback incentives considered good? Are they usually better, lower or about the same?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Right but are the current finance/cashback incentives considered good? Are they usually better, lower or about the same?
Check out this link. It should give you an idea about when incentives might be better.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Watch out on the Big Horn/Lone Star incentive, I think there is a $1000 difference between a Quad Cab and Crew Cab.

Bigfiller

Reaction score
New to the forum but have read a lot. I have not checked into the out of state volume retailers, but I did find a truck advertised at what I believe is ~3.5% under invoice and 9% under MSRP (before incentives/rebates). I've written all of the other local dealers and nobody is offering the same dealer discounts. Written quote from dealer matches the web page and they indicated it's their best price. Thinking about jumping in to take advantage of the 0% financing for 72 and $3K in rebates. Here's the offer (VIN 1C6SRFFT1MN616907) in Columbus, Ohio:

MSRP: $51,605
Invoice: About $48,604 from my research
Dealer Discount: $4,644
Rebate: $3,000
Total Price before Taxes/Fees: $43,961
Doc Fee: $250
Gov't Fee: $35.00
Taxes: $3,540.82
OTD before down payment or trade: $47,786

The way I see it, I'm only at 14.8% off MSRP including rebates, BUT 0% saves me a little over $3K in interest based on my preapproved rate of 2.45%. Factor in that savings and we're back up to about 20.6% off MSRP after incentives. I don't know - seems like an ok deal but tell me if I'm missing something (PLEASE!).

Vehicle:

2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab, 5.7L V* eTorque, 4WD, 115V Auxiliary outlet, Big Horn Level 2, Night Edition, Deluxe seats, 26 Gallon Tank, etc.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
New to the forum but have read a lot. I have not checked into the out of state volume retailers, but I did find a truck advertised at what I believe is ~3.5% under invoice and 9% under MSRP (before incentives/rebates). I've written all of the other local dealers and nobody is offering the same dealer discounts. Written quote from dealer matches the web page and they indicated it's their best price. Thinking about jumping in to take advantage of the 0% financing for 72 and $3K in rebates. Here's the offer (VIN 1C6SRFFT1MN616907) in Columbus, Ohio:

The way I see it, I'm only at 14.8% off MSRP including rebates, BUT 0% saves me a little over $3K in interest based on my preapproved rate of 2.45%. Factor in that savings and we're back up to about 20.6% off MSRP after incentives. I don't know - seems like an ok deal but tell me if I'm missing something (PLEASE!).

Vehicle:

2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab, 5.7L V* eTorque, 4WD, 115V Auxiliary outlet, Big Horn Level 2, Night Edition, Deluxe seats, 26 Gallon Tank, etc.
If they are not playing any games with addendums, and the price is indeed what they say, buy it and sleep well.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

Vehicle:

They could offer you a bit more in dealer discount in my opinion. If they won't budge you have to decide if you want to keep looking or be happy with the deal they are offering.
The dealer discount is 8.51%.
With the rebates it is 14.32%.
The doc fee should be subtracted from the dealer discount as it is not a required government tax or fee.
My dealer discount is 14.3% before rebates/incentives and I should qualify for 0.0% financing.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Well I went ahead and ordered my Rebel today.

MSRP = $61,255
Invoice = $57,453
Sale Price = $53,655

Current rebates are $2000, crossing my fingers that doesn't drop in April or May when the truck is due to arrive. Crossing my toes hoping they actually go up. Signed up for the PenFed account which should get me another $1000 off by the time the truck arrives. I did speak with Aaron and he stated the PenFed discount doesn't combine with any offers FCA might send or have pop up on their website. I could have sworn I saw someone was able to combine them. Either way I'm hoping another pop up on the ramtrucks website arrives as well and I'm able to use it. That will get me to that great deal goal of 20% off MSRP. Right now with figuring the hopeful $3k off I'm at 17.4% off MSRP.

Just a side note. I only had one dealer get close to this deal and he was $1200 higher. Everyone else laughed at me. Contacted all the dealers on this website througout the country and Aaron gave me the best price without any requirements.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
I did. Longhorn. It will arrive sometime after Feb. 15. I figure that it will be the same as every other Longhorn I have seen on the lots. I took a test drive of a V8 Longhorn at my local San Diego dealership before I asked for quotes from anyone to make sure I really wanted that truck.

Note that Aaron's quote will be the dealer price and does not include TTL in California. All factory rebates come off of that price (i.e., it will only go down, not up). You will pay TTL when you get it to back to California. You have to deal with the local DMV, but that is manageable if you make an appointment. Local San Diego dealerships's pre-TTL prices were thousands above Aaron's price and they would not put into writing that factory rebates would come off of that price as well. Aaron's responsiveness and transparency, combined with the brush-off and runaround that San Diego dealerships gave me, made the purchase a no-brainer for me. My remaining issue is that I will likely give these San Diego dealerships my business when it comes to servicing because I don't want to argue about any warranty work that may come along in the future.
Ha - I'm going through the same thing in San Diego now. Looking for a 2500 Diesel Laramie with bench seats and mega cab - I've looked far and wide and nobody has that particular build - so looks like a factory order. All the local dealers have told me that if you factory order you need to pay MSRP since you're not having to pay for extras that you don't want. That makes no sense. I'm glad I've stumbled upon this forum - last time I bought a new car was my 1999 Grand Cherokee that's still going strong. Thanks to everybody for the great advice and education.

Are you shipping your truck or flying to pick it up?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha - I'm going through the same thing in San Diego now. Looking for a 2500 Diesel Laramie with bench seats and mega cab - I've looked far and wide and nobody has that particular build - so looks like a factory order. All the local dealers have told me that if you factory order you need to pay MSRP since you're not having to pay for extras that you don't want. That makes no sense. I'm glad I've stumbled upon this forum - last time I bought a new car was my 1999 Grand Cherokee that's still going strong. Thanks to everybody for the great advice and education.

Are you shipping your truck or flying to pick it up?
Do not pay msrp, even if ordering a truck, that dealer is just lying lol. I’m gonna get a pretty good discount on mine when it comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online