5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I'm near Tacoma, WA. What dealerships would you recommend I try to get quotes from between you and I?
Can you please elaborate on "affiliate pricing, 1% under invoice and what their most competitive price would be etc. using email in this thread as a template"?
Thanks!
A Washington state dealer and others as well as information on affiliate pricing is in the link in my signature.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Damn, I just spent a good 30 min looking over what Mark Dodge currenly had in stock. They're listing several Laramies and Limiteds for over 20% off MSRP. Wish they had the build I was looking for I'd jump all over that.

Cueball

Reaction score
I'm near Tacoma, WA. What dealerships would you recommend I try to get quotes from between you and I?
Can you please elaborate on "affiliate pricing, 1% under invoice and what their most competitive price would be etc. using email in this thread as a template"?
Thanks!
I used the info from Silentbob-as he replied with above. He has his email template in the link in his signature and the info about affiliate pricing. I actually had the best response and competitive pricing with some of the smaller dealerships that I was able to easily get an email to the internet or sales manager. I never talked on the phone until I called to place my deposit.
I’m sure I left a little meat on the bone but I’m happy to be working with a smaller dealership and after a couple weeks of emailing etc I was ready to order and I wanted to avoid Portland if possible.
Some of the more responsive Ram dealerships I was communicating with in Oregon were Medford, eugene, Corvallis, Cottage Grove, Newport and Vancouver, WA as well. Good luck!

badvik

Reaction score
Is it possible to negotiate a good price+incentives with 60-0% APR for a Laramie truck, 63-65 MSRP? Sorry if it sounds silly, first time buying (maybe ordering) this way.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it possible to negotiate a good price+incentives with 60-0% APR for a Laramie truck, 63-65 MSRP? Sorry if it sounds silly, first time buying (maybe ordering) this way.
Hard to get incentives and 0% most of the time you have to choose one or the other and not both. In the end you have to compare the total cost based on how long you plan to own and what rate they are offering with incentives or what you could refinance to with your bank or CU on the way home.

chuck01835

Reaction score
1500 limited custom order
Msrp: $66170 FWP/invoice $60669
Price before rebates/incentives: $58500 which is almost 12% off msrp and about 3.55% below invoice before rebates/incentives.

I contacted multiple dealers and brought up affiliate pricing, 1% under invoice and what their most competitive price would be etc. using email in this thread as a template.
Ended up going with a smaller dealership that was by far the most responsive and easy to work with. They matched best price I was able to get from others after some minimal back and forth. All done via email. I’m in Oregon

Custom Order? You mean you can still order custom built trucks right now? Whats the lead time?

Thanks
Chuck

Cueball

Reaction score
Custom Order? You mean you can still order custom built trucks right now? Whats the lead time?

Thanks
Chuck
As the people above said, I was told usually 8 weeks, but he also said be prepared for it to take a couple weeks longer with the way things are currently with supply etc.

Smashius

Reaction score
Damn, I just spent a good 30 min looking over what Mark Dodge currenly had in stock. They're listing several Laramies and Limiteds for over 20% off MSRP. Wish they had the build I was looking for I'd jump all over that.

You could basically just make one of those a Rebel...

WReckeR

Reaction score
My sticker was $69,335.
I got $7500 dealer discount ($1000 of which was their own dealer coupon they could apply to any deal; another $1000 was from being an employee of an Affiliate Rewards eligible company)
$1500 private offer from Ram Trucks, the pop-up many mention, which I got while poking around the website in February.
$2000 in January rebates.
So that's $11,000 off MSRP. Dealer doc fee was $399. Then I got the 0%/60 mos as well.

So, the dealer itself only discounted $5500. The rest was coupons and rebates. Some have done better, depending on the circumstances.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
My sticker was $69,335.
I got $7500 dealer discount ($1000 of which was their own dealer coupon they could apply to any deal; another $1000 was from being an employee of an Affiliate Rewards eligible company)
$1500 private offer from Ram Trucks, the pop-up many mention, which I got while poking around the website in February.
$2000 in January rebates.
So that's $11,000 off MSRP. Dealer doc fee was $399. Then I got the 0%/60 mos as well.

So, the dealer itself only discounted $5500. The rest was coupons and rebates. Some have done better, depending on the circumstances.
You got the $1500 pop up offer this month? If so how?

Runagun

Reaction score
It's Mark Dodge in LA. If you go to their website they're having $16k off MSRP right now for Limited 1500s in stock.
oh, yeah I reached out to them this morning. Its a hike to drive that sucker back.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
oh, yeah I reached out to them this morning. Its a hike to drive that sucker back.
It is, but I think it's also $800-$1200 to ship. I hate the thought of putting over 1000 miles on the truck immediately. When you're saving over $5k on the truck from what any local dealer is offering it's worth it.

dartbrooks

Reaction score

Thanks
Chuck
I ordered my truck at the end of November and was told it would probably arrive in 10-12 weeks. Then it arrived 5 weeks later on 12/30/20. Others on this forum have had to wait 11-12 weeks. So it can vary a ton.

Users who are viewing this thread