5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I've poked around a bit (lurker just registered) but who are these volume dealers in the mid atlantic?
You can see the known dealers using the link in my signature. You can always do a "Fly & Drive" or have the truck shipped.

Anyone know of dealerships providing 5 or 6% off in Mid-Atlantic area?

mophead

Reaction score
I've poked around a bit (lurker just registered) but who are these volume dealers in the mid atlantic? I am in VA. I've heard koons, but did not have much luck with them on a previous purchase of a different brand vehicle.

I will probably have to order to get what I want, but I am willing to compromise a little. I am more concerned about paying for crap I don't want instead of what I do.
Criswell is in Rockville , just north of DC. It appears they are also a site sponsor, not sure though. I've been following stock for 100+ mile radius for what I want and am noticing overall stock being very depleted for most. Most had a large stock prior to Feb. Criswell, Ourisman's in Baltimore and Blaise Alexander in Hazelton, Pa seem to be turning and replacing stock more than any others. Keep us updated on what you find. I'm in northern Maryland and am hoping to place an order in a couple months.

Last edited:

Borsig

Reaction score
Criswell is in Rockville , just north of DC. It appears they are also a site sponsor, not sure though. Keep us updated on what you find. I'm in northern Maryland and am hoping to place an order in a couple months.
Koons and Criswell seem to be in range of SE VA. I'll try both when I decide on a rebel vs big horn. I may yet go used.

hey1784

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2021 Ram Built to Serve. MSRP $52,415. They're offering me a price after discounts and rebates of $43,780. Then they're tacking on $800 doc fee, $259 etching, plus taxes. With lowball trade offer, my total out the door is $46,871. Is this a good deal? How can I find the dealer invoice price? Is it different because it's a BTS?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
MSRP $52,415
Sale Price with Incentives $44,839
This is 14.45% off MSRP

Seeing as Built to Serve is the Big Horn trim you should be getting a better price. Because of the large incentives/rebates available on Big Horns this month others are getting discounts around 20%.

What are the incentives/rebates you are getting?

You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2021 Ram Built to Serve. MSRP $52,415. They're offering me a price after discounts and rebates of $43,780. Then they're tacking on $800 doc fee, $259 etching, plus taxes. With lowball trade offer, my total out the door is $46,871. Is this a good deal? How can I find the dealer invoice price? Is it different because it's a BTS?
On a BH you should be at least 20% off. Add in the low trade offer, and you are paying for the general managers vacation. See what Zoom or Carvana offers for trade. Keep in mind possible tax benefits for trading with the selling dealer of the new vehicle.

hey1784

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The sheet that I have says $8635 in total savings. I believe this includes $4000 in national rebates, $750 for Presidents' Day, and $500 for Chrysler Capital, so $5250 overall.

CarMax offered $20k, the dealership offered $17k. I told the salesman and he told me he could do $18k for the trade. I need at least $19k to be better off trading rather than selling, and I owe $16,500 on my 2017 Ram Express.

KCViper

Reaction score
Almost no one is getting 20% or more off before incentives/rebates anywhere. However anyone can get around 6% below invoice using the volume dealers identified in this forum. That includes Aaron in your neighboring state of Louisiana.

Keep in mind that you can easily get 1% below invoice at any dealership by joining one of the affiliates.
You do realize that 6% under invoice is less than EP....right? There is more to a purchase than the absolute lowest price IMO...... Buying out of state, paying to ship the truck, buying sight unseen or paying to travel to see the truck, etc.....not worth the minimal savings to me!

86grand

Reaction score
Those of you who have financed through FCA, what APR are you getting? Credit score is 800+. Thinking the additional discounts with the standard financing may be cheaper in the long run.
I was 4.89% with over 800+ but refinances to 2.19% with USAA after about 10 days. Navy Fed started at 2.29% but sent me papers for 3.19.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
You do realize that 6% under invoice is less than EP....right?
That is why the Employee Pricing sale is mostly useless to those of us who want the best price. Because we know we can always get that price or better we want dollars off incentives instead.
Buying out of state, paying to ship the truck, buying sight unseen or paying to travel to see the truck, etc.....not worth the minimal savings to me!
The first part of my Ram buying guide is made for people who don't want to put in much effort. Just use affiliate pricing for 1% below invoice and be happy.

Thousands of dollars may be minimal to you but not to others. I assume that is why people are reading this 592 page thread.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
So tentative deal on a 2021 limited from Mark.

MSRP $71k
Sale price $55k
TTL $5200
Total OTD $60200

Best I'll able to find. Not a fan of the 3.92 rear end. We'll see if I like it.
22% off MSRP
Congratulations on the excellent deal. Probably the best deal I've seen on a Limited.

Borsig

Reaction score
I understand big horns get the best money -

When have people seen the best deals on a Rebel? (season, month) I think I would like the built to serve a lot, but the colors are a hard no, and the cermaic color I liked was only for 2020. I don't see a way to get non-cloth seats on a bighorn.

I can wait till fall, if I have to. I'll just save more for my down.

I'm assuming fall is the best time to buy like any thing else and summer is the worst?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hard to see such a spread based on geography, of course people claiming 20% below invoice havent been posting the sales paperwork much either...

Texas dealers would order a lot of trucks based on traditional demand and should have enough inventory to compete.

You’d think there would be some Tx dealer challenge Mark Dodge on price.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You do realize that 6% under invoice is less than EP....right? There is more to a purchase than the absolute lowest price IMO...... Buying out of state, paying to ship the truck, buying sight unseen or paying to travel to see the truck, etc.....not worth the minimal savings to me!
Maybe but to some its all about the $.
I tried Knz but was disatisfied with the text/email process and xtra fees.

I ended paying about 2-3K more and bought local. But then I didn't want to drag my wife on a 12 hour 1 way trip either... There are certain “costs” that exceed a monetary value, ahem... 🤔🙄

Hawk123456

Reaction score
Just got my 2021 Laramie 1500 delivered yesterday. (Granite Crystal, Protection Group, Night Edition, Level 2 Package, rubber mats, eTorque, Dual-Sunroof, and rear wheelhouse liners).

MSRP: $61,580
Price Paid: $48,396

+ $199.00 dealer fee
+ $9.00 registration

I did have the $1500 pop up bonus (which was expiring 02/19/2021), and the military rebate, $500. Seems about just over 21% off.

The truck had just arrived at the dealership and had 7 miles on it. No trade, I sold my Tundra on my own prior to the sale. Great dealership to work with that was a couple hours from me...they also delivered the truck at no cost (even filled it up for me once it was delivered).

I had 2017 Rebel, and excited to get back into a Ram. This truck had everything that I was looking for except not having the 12" inch screen, which isn't a huge deal to me.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
People claiming 20% below invoice havent been posting the sales paperwork much either.

20% plus below MSRP seems to be very attainable on Big Horns right now due to incentives. I think it would be rare on other trims.
Big Horn Example
MSRP $49,330
10% Dealer Discount $4,933
Big Horn Factory Incentives $5000
PenFed Incentive $1000
Final Price $38,397
This is a 22.16% off MSRP.

That is with only a 10% dealer discount. You should be able to negotiate for between 10 and 15% off.

Screenshot_20210214-092402_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The sheet that I have says $8635 in total savings. I believe this includes $4000 in national rebates, $750 for Presidents' Day, and $500 for Chrysler Capital, so $5250 overall.

CarMax offered $20k, the dealership offered $17k. I told the salesman and he told me he could do $18k for the trade. I need at least $19k to be better off trading rather than selling, and I owe $16,500 on my 2017 Ram Express.
Try Vroom for trade, they are usually better than CarMax or Carvana.

That is a cappy dealer discount. Withour doing the math, they are low balling your trade and at or a little higher than invoice on the new vehicle. Invoice is about 7.5% off MSRP. A good deal is 5% or more off invoice before rebates or incentives.

See what type of deal Aaron at Mark Dodge can get you. Might be best off buying there and having it shipped to you, and selling your other vehicle private party or Vroom.

Users who are viewing this thread