5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My sticker was $69,335.
I got $7500 dealer discount ($1000 of which was their own dealer coupon they could apply to any deal; another $1000 was from being an employee of an Affiliate Rewards eligible company)
$1500 private offer from Ram Trucks, the pop-up many mention, which I got while poking around the website in February.
$2000 in January rebates.
So that's $11,000 off MSRP. Dealer doc fee was $399. Then I got the 0%/60 mos as well.

So, the dealer itself only discounted $5500. The rest was coupons and rebates. Some have done better, depending on the circumstances.
Did the 9mm held to the salesman’s head help any?

WReckeR

Reaction score
Did the 9mm held to the salesman’s head help any?
Ha! I started by asking for 16% off, disclosing my private offer. He didn't meet it on his initial quote. When I balked he said he already gave me his best offer. Then I asked about Affiliate Rewards. I hadn't mentioned it initially because we were already lower than 1% below invoice. But it made a difference for him somehow, since he gave another $1000. We were still $1500 off, and I said that's where I need to be. That's when he introduced the dealer coupons, which I'd never heard of. That was worth an additional $1000. Close enough. It wasn't the best deal, but when I figured in the interest savings for 0%, it was equivalent to 21%+ with a 3.5% loan. Consensus has been that you'll get less off when paired with 0%. I was satisfied.

I wanted a Limited because I like the wheels and the projector LED headlights. However, I didn't want the air cushion suspension. Too much complexity and cost for difficult-to-measure benefit. The Laramie really is a great choice. I got the power running boards which give the truck a cleaner look than fixed boards. The headlights are still very nice. The interior trim differences are not worth their price tag.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the same thing...

I'm trying to figure out the same thing...
He never answered the question, so makes me wonder. I've tried visiting the site with different web browsers. Disabled all my pop up blockers. Even navigated different parts of the website for a while hoping it would pop up, but nothing.

rjm752

Reaction score
oh, yeah I reached out to them this morning. Its a hike to drive that sucker back.
Ship it. Thats what i'm doing from Lake Charles to Mount Shasta CA. Even with shipping costs, a far better deal then any dealers from Sacramento north into Washington, and Idaho.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Ship it. Thats what i'm doing from Lake Charles to Mount Shasta CA. Even with shipping costs, a far better deal then any dealers from Sacramento north into Washington, and Idaho.
How much is that costing if you don’t mind me asking?

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He never answered the question, so makes me wonder. I've tried visiting the site with different web browsers. Disabled all my pop up blockers. Even navigated different parts of the website for a while hoping it would pop up, but nothing.
guys the pop up is no longer active... BUT those who signed up were given an "expiration date" so to speak. for mine I activated it in December I think and it's good through February 19... unfortunately my truck won't be ready by then. you cant get the pop up any longer but if you signed up when it was active, you have a certain amount of time to use it.

slatersan

Reaction score
The Laramie really is a great choice. I got the power running boards which give the truck a cleaner look than fixed boards. The headlights are still very nice. The interior trim differences are not worth their price tag.
Agreed. Limiteds are nice, but a well equipped Laramie hit the sweet spot for me.

Cueball

Reaction score
Any good Oregon dealerships someone can recommend?
This is just based on my initial reaching out and dealing with the dealerships through email over the last couple weeks.
Some of the more responsive Ram dealerships I was communicating with in Oregon were Medford, eugene, Corvallis, Cottage Grove, Newport and Vancouver, WA as well. Good luck!

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
HELP me negotiate a good price!
So, I admit, I haven't spent more than 1-2 hours reviewing the last month of comments in this thread. Therefore, I apologize in advance for any rookie/naïve/ignorant portrayals. I'm a busy front line medical professional just looking for the best deal on a 2019+ Ram 1500 Limited with specific specs. I almost bought a used 2019 with 55K miles, CPO, out of MI for $43K (before TTL, plus it would have cost $2000 more to fly out, test drive, sign and then have it shipped to me in Gig Harbor, WA). But, it was sold out from under me, and now there's nothing within $3K of that original deal that I'm interested in. That experience left a sour taste in my mouth, and I've all but relegated to buying new - hence my plea for help from you guys!

So, I've only requested quotes from my local dealer and from Aaron at Mark Dodge in LA. Here's their identical quote/build sheet and comments:
1612889034280.png
Local dealership:
"Hi Jason!
I’ve attached the build including the estimated invoice for the Ram that you requested yesterday. The invoice(right now it is called a POC until the vehicle ships and an actual “invoice” is available) shows the MSRP and invoice cost of the vehicle… these dollar amounts do not include any manufacturer incentives which would clearly come off of that price. My question to you is what do you think would be a “fair price” for you to purchase this vehicle for?
Thank you!"

and now Aaron's message:

"Good Morning Jason,
Please review the build sheet attached to this email. If there are any errors, please let me know. The pricing I am providing doesn’t include any rebates. The rebates will be determined and applied at the time the truck arrives.
MSRP $69645
Sale price $60126 plus $219 (doc/temp tag/notary) and any applicable rebates and tax title and licensing.
I believe shipping to 98332 would be approximately $1800-$2000"

=======

Yes, I'd like to get 20% off MSRP (dropping it close to $56K), AND stay local AND get a fair trade in for my '09 Tacoma. But, is that 20% off MRSP still reasonable at this time?
I don't need to finance...so whatever is going to get me best deal. But, I don't know what cards to show to the dealer regarding that fact.
How and when do I bring up my trade-in to the local dealer?
What's the expected wait for the final delivery after papers signed? I'm hoping to have a Ram in my garage by July.
I haven't replied to either of them yet.

Thanks in advance!!

WReckeR

Reaction score
So, I admit, I haven't spent more than 1-2 hours reviewing the last month of comments in this thread. Therefore, I apologize in advance for any rookie/naïve/ignorant portrayals. I'm a busy front line medical professional just looking for the best deal on a 2019+ Ram 1500 Limited with specific specs. I almost bought a used 2019 with 55K miles, CPO, out of MI for $43K (before TTL, plus it would have cost $2000 more to fly out, test drive, sign and then have it shipped to me in Gig Harbor, WA). But, it was sold out from under me, and now there's nothing within $3K of that original deal that I'm interested in. That experience left a sour taste in my mouth, and I've all but relegated to buying new - hence my plea for help from you guys!

So, I've only requested quotes from my local dealer and from Aaron at Mark Dodge in LA. Here's their identical quote/build sheet and comments:
View attachment 82207
Local dealership:
"Hi Jason!
I’ve attached the build including the estimated invoice for the Ram that you requested yesterday. The invoice(right now it is called a POC until the vehicle ships and an actual “invoice” is available) shows the MSRP and invoice cost of the vehicle… these dollar amounts do not include any manufacturer incentives which would clearly come off of that price. My question to you is what do you think would be a “fair price” for you to purchase this vehicle for?
Thank you!"

and now Aaron's message:

"Good Morning Jason,
Please review the build sheet attached to this email. If there are any errors, please let me know. The pricing I am providing doesn’t include any rebates. The rebates will be determined and applied at the time the truck arrives.
MSRP $69645
Sale price $60126 plus $219 (doc/temp tag/notary) and any applicable rebates and tax title and licensing.

=======

Yes, I'd like to get 20% off MSRP (dropping it close to $56K), AND stay local AND get a fair trade in for my '09 Tacoma. But, is that 20% off MRSP still reasonable at this time?
I don't need to finance...so whatever is going to get me best deal. But, I don't know what cards to show to the dealer regarding that fact.
What's the expected wait for the final delivery after papers signed? I'm hoping to have a Ram in my garage by July.

Thanks in advance!!
In my opinion, introducing the trade-in early can really muddy the water. You don't really know what you're getting for your trade-in unless you keep it separate, after you negotiate the new truck. So that's my recommendation. Bring it up after the deal for the truck is established, before you talk to the finance guy.

Second, your trade-in is going to be for much less than a private sale. It may be much less than a sale to a different retail store like Carvana. You have to do some research into valuations. If at all possible, consider selling it privately. I think Tacomas have a good reputation. Include Facebook Marketplace in your zip code for market value research.

If you are looking to order, and not buy off the lot, then 20% is going to be difficult locally. Mark Dodge LA is considered a tentpole dealer for best order price. They're roughly in the 14% off MSRP range, then you can get rebates on top of that. I don't know if "front line medical professional" is equivalent to first responder, but there is a rebate for first responders. Mark Dodge is a high volume dealer, so they may be able to beat local dealers. Don't be discouraged, local dealers may have good offers.

Look here for current incentives by model. These should be in addition to the dealer discount. Since you are not financing, it looks like the Big Horn mid-level trim has the best cash allowance of $4500.

Delivery after order is ranging from 6-8, or even 12 weeks. I think there is a different thread solely about delivery time after order.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

View attachment 82207
Local dealership:
"Hi Jason!
Thank you!"

and now Aaron's message:

"Good Morning Jason,
MSRP $69645

=======

Thanks in advance!!

Your discount off MSRP before rebates and incentives from Aaron is about 13.66%. This is a great discount however after you add in the shipping it is only an 11.08% discount. I would ask your local dealer to match Aarons number. If they will not, check with the Washington dealer listed in my truck buying post. The link is in my signature. Aaron is great to work with and provides excellent pricing but shipping to your location is very expensive.

WReckeR is correct about the trade-in. Don't talk trade-in until you have negotiated your best price and have checked the below two sites.
Carvana LINK
Vroom LINK
You can also check Kelley Blue Book and Edmunds

MSRP $69645
At sale price of $60,126
13.66% off MSRP before rebates/incentives
15.10% off MSRP with $1000 rebates/incentives.
16.53% off MSRP with $2000 rebates/incentives.
17.97% off MSRP with $3000 rebates/incentives.

Last edited:

Nasdamus

Reaction score
What are people seeing for discounts now for 2020's? There's one on a lot near me but they're at 17.89% off MSRP. I've got 2021's down to that but the 2020 has a sweet spot of things i want plus was hoping to get a good discount on it being a 20.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

$1000 Bonus Cash Presidents' Day Emails Being Sent​

If you get one the code should be good at any dealership. Works with most other incentives. Expires 3/1. Search your email for fcacommunication.com

Last edited:

slatersan

Reaction score
Was just sent this offer. Good deal or should I wait? Been waiting since last March...
Msrp 52015
Out the door 40800 +TTL
%21.5 off
Its 21.5%. Clearly a good deal. If it is the truck you want and can afford, you should do that.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Was just sent this offer. Good deal or should I wait? Been waiting since last March...
Msrp 52015
Out the door 40800 +TTL
%21.5 off
21.56% off MSRP is good discount on a Big Horn right now. However the dealer is only offering a discount of 8.68% the rest is made up of the large Big Horn rebates currently being offered. See if you can get 1 or 2 more percentage points off but if this is the truck you want take the deal even if they say no.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread