5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do not pay msrp, even if ordering a truck, that dealer is just lying lol. I’m gonna get a pretty good discount on mine when it comes in.
THIS^^^ @Sasquatch you can always get a great below invoice deal on anything when ordering...total dealer BS to get you to buy something they already have on their lot.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Well I went ahead and ordered my Rebel today.

MSRP = $61,255
Invoice = $57,453
Sale Price = $53,655

Current rebates are $2000, crossing my fingers that doesn't drop in April or May when the truck is due to arrive. Crossing my toes hoping they actually go up. Signed up for the PenFed account which should get me another $1000 off by the time the truck arrives. I did speak with Aaron and he stated the PenFed discount doesn't combine with any offers FCA might send or have pop up on their website. I could have sworn I saw someone was able to combine them. Either way I'm hoping another pop up on the ramtrucks website arrives as well and I'm able to use it. That will get me to that great deal goal of 20% off MSRP. Right now with figuring the hopeful $3k off I'm at 17.4% off MSRP.

Just a side note. I only had one dealer get close to this deal and he was $1200 higher. Everyone else laughed at me. Contacted all the dealers on this website througout the country and Aaron gave me the best price without any requirements.
Woohoo!!! Already got my VIN number.

bmcintyre

Reaction score
After reading through all these forums, I decided to contact Mark dodge and they hooked me up with a sweet deal on a 2021 Limited.

Msrp: 66275
Invoice: 60,762
sale: 57,225 before rebates
~55,225 after current rebates if they hold.

This was a deal I couldn't pass up for a custom order. For my first custom ordered truck, finding a price way below invoice was my goal and 10/10 service from Aaron at Mark Dodge.

Now comes the hard part of waiting. Thanks all of yall!

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Phillip Olson, the General Sales Manager, at Bud Clary in Washington State is offering members of this forum great pricing. See my deal below.
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 360-434-2929 (text is great)
[email protected]

He gave me more than 6% off invoice before rebates/incentives on a factory order. My final discount will be determined by incentives when truck arrives. Percentage off varies by model. He offers similar discounts on both factory orders and trucks on his lot. See details below.

2021 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $73,640
Invoice $67,557
Sale Price $63,119

18.4% off MSRP with $3000 rebates/incentives.
17.0% off MSRP with $2000 rebates/incentives.
14.3% off MSRP before rebates/incentives.

11.0% off Invoice with $3000 rebates/incentives.
9.6% off Invoice with $2000 rebates/incentives.
6.6% off Invoice before rebates/incentives.

Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Washington State and Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge in Louisiana seem to be offering members the best deals right now. More volume dealers and their contacts listed here: LINK

Last edited:

heliinstructor

Reaction score
This pricing is in Canadian dollars. Just ordered loaded 2021 Rebel night edition from a Toronto dealership. You can see all options listed. Negotiated discount at bottom.
ead539b5132df296c17cb8ca52ac0317.jpg

Last edited:

Sasquatch

Reaction score
1500 limited custom order
Msrp: $66170 FWP/invoice $60669
Price before rebates/incentives: $58500 which is almost 12% off msrp and about 3.55% below invoice before rebates/incentives.

I contacted multiple dealers and brought up affiliate pricing, 1% under invoice and what their most competitive price would be etc. using email in this thread as a template.
Ended up going with a smaller dealership that was by far the most responsive and easy to work with. They matched best price I was able to get from others after some minimal back and forth. All done via email. I’m in

Phillip Olson, the General Sales Manager, at Bud Clary in Washington State is offering members of this forum great pricing. See my deal below.
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 360-434-2929 (text is great)
[email protected]

He gave me more than 6% off invoice before rebates/incentives on a factory order. My final discount will be determined by incentives when truck arrives. Percentage off varies by model. He offers similar discounts on both factory orders and trucks on his lot. See details below.

2021 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $73,640
Invoice $67,557
Sale Price $63,119

18.4% off MSRP with $3000 rebates/incentives.
17.0% off MSRP with $2000 rebates/incentives.
14.3% off MSRP before rebates/incentives.

11.0% off Invoice with $3000 rebates/incentives.
9.6% off Invoice with $2000 rebates/incentives.
6.6% off Invoice before rebates/incentives.

Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Washington State and Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge in Louisiana seem to be offering members the best deals right now. More volume dealers and their contacts listed here: LINK
Thanks Silent Bob - I've reached out to him.

Reaction score
Ha - I'm going through the same thing in San Diego now. Looking for a 2500 Diesel Laramie with bench seats and mega cab - I've looked far and wide and nobody has that particular build - so looks like a factory order. All the local dealers have told me that if you factory order you need to pay MSRP since you're not having to pay for extras that you don't want. That makes no sense. I'm glad I've stumbled upon this forum - last time I bought a new car was my 1999 Grand Cherokee that's still going strong. Thanks to everybody for the great advice and education.

Are you shipping your truck or flying to pick it up?
It depends on when it arrives. Work permitting, I will fly and drive. If work is busy I will have it shipped.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This pricing is in Canadian dollars. Just ordered loaded 2021 Rebel night edition from a Toronto dealership. You can see all options listed. Negotiated discount at bottom.
ead539b5132df296c17cb8ca52ac0317.jpg
Crap thats a lot but then it is Cdn $
Course you have to be able to earn it no matter what currency...
And is GST/PST or HST on top?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the ordering experts out there, how much negotiating can you do? Can You really only negotiate from Invoice and then from invoice, how low is too low before you really start to annoy the sales agent? I was thinking of it’s a 12 week from order to deliver time frame, ordering now and crossing my fingers that incentives are great when taking delivery.

Is 5% under invoice as a nobody a fair negotiating starting point On a Limited?

Also, anyone track what months usually have the 0% FCA financing? If it’s usually every February, June, October, I’d like to try and time it to come in the months that usually have 0% interest. Not sure if anyone here has tracked 3-5 years of incentives to find a pattern?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
For the ordering experts out there, how much negotiating can you do? Can You really only negotiate from Invoice and then from invoice, how low is too low before you really start to annoy the sales agent? I was thinking of it’s a 12 week from order to deliver time frame, ordering now and crossing my fingers that incentives are great when taking delivery.

Is 5% under invoice as a nobody a fair negotiating starting point On a Limited?

Also, anyone track what months usually have the 0% FCA financing? If it’s usually every February, June, October, I’d like to try and time it to come in the months that usually have 0% interest. Not sure if anyone here has tracked 3-5 years of incentives to find a pattern?
You can negotiate the H*LL out a factory order and don't let anyone tell you any different. Who gives a $hit if you annoy the sales guy???

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can negotiate the H*LL out a factory order and don't let anyone tell you any different. Who gives a $hit if you annoy the sales guy???

Well, I’m likely going to do all of the negotiating via email. I don’t mind a fly & drive even if it’s 1000 miles away so I’ll cast a wide net with my build and top 10 lowest will get my time. I just didn’t know how far down they can actually go before the conversation ends. I guess then I just wait a couple of weeks and see who follows up? I’m not in a hurry, just needed a 6’4” truck by June preferably with the eco diesel.

The config I made with a dealer locally he told me I couldn’t get the diesel on but he gave me an invoice price of $65,837 and said I should expect $64 with rebates and incentives when it comes in. guess I won’t be buying local.

The truck I want:
Limited, 6’4”, eco diesel, 4-door, Tech package, multi function tail gate, winter package, level 1 equipment and 4x4. I’d prefer red or blue with the black interior. I’d like the night / black package but it’s not worth $4,000 to me.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I just didn’t know how far down they can actually go before the conversation ends. I guess then I just wait a couple of weeks and see who follows up?

Every salesperson and dealership has a different price that is as low as they go. I took my final lowest offer to multiple local General Managers and only one agreed to match it.

For my factory order I sent an email to my 10 closest dealerships and 6 of the volume dealers found on this forum asking for their lowest price (before icentives/rebates) on my build.

After a week I sent the lowest offer to all the same dealers asking if they could beat it and by how much.

I received a lower offer and asked the original lowest price to beat that.

The last step was phone calls to local General Managers to see if they could beat that price.

That's how I got my deal. I knew from this forum that I should get at least 5% below invoice so if the above did not get me that I would have had to cast a wider net.

Last edited:

KCViper

Reaction score
Agree with others, you can (and should) negotiate when ordering a Ram. I did and was able to get slightly below invoice, but I live in Texas and demand is high and inventory is low.....so you may do better in other states! Those saying they got 20%(+) off MSRP before incentives, most likely don't live in Texas. I would say that if you can't get to invoice, time to move to another dealer!

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Those saying they got 20%(+) off MSRP before incentives, most likely don't live in Texas. I would say that if you can't get to invoice, time to move to another dealer!
Almost no one is getting 20% or more off before incentives/rebates anywhere. However anyone can get around 6% below invoice using the volume dealers identified in this forum. That includes Aaron in your neighboring state of Louisiana.

Keep in mind that you can easily get 1% below invoice at any dealership by joining one of the affiliates.

Last edited:

Borsig

Reaction score
I've poked around a bit (lurker just registered) but who are these volume dealers in the mid atlantic? I am in VA. I've heard koons, but did not have much luck with them on a previous purchase of a different brand vehicle.

I will probably have to order to get what I want, but I am willing to compromise a little. I am more concerned about paying for crap I don't want instead of what I do.

Users who are viewing this thread