5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

j_drew

Reaction score
First, thank you for all your information on this site. It was instrumental in getting me the best deal I thought I could get. I’m not sure if I got the *lowest* deal, but I’m happy with the results. But I could not have done it without the contributors on this site. 3 days after purchase update; See Edit in Buying Experience

I’m posting my price to assist anyone else with their search:

Truck Price:

2021 1500 4x4 Granite Night Edition, eTorque, Level 1 Equipment, Bed Utility Group, 3.92 rear, Sunroof, Trailer Brake.

MSRP: $70,760
EP: $61,860
PP: $64,331
DR: $64,231

Negotiated Price: $60,771.68

Rebates: $3500 ($1500 FCA Cash, $1000 Truck Conquest, $500 Active Military)

Fees: $899 doc fee, $199 / $129 prep fee (I didn’t catch the 199/129 fee in the paperwork; I’m a little pissed that I didn’t see it…)

Total Before Taxes (Negotiated Price + Fees): $61,938.07

Tax @ 6% in my state, rebates are applied AFTER taxes in Florida.

Including tax, registration, fees: $66,214.08

After rebates: $63,214.08

I also could not use the FCA Affiliate Rewards, which I signed up for a few months ago.

Buying Experience:
I saw a lot of posts regarding South Florida dealers not negotiating and I would say that is 100% accurate. I tried to deal with Arrigo (all three), University Dodge, Aventura, Schumacher. None of whom really returned calls / emails. I also got quotes from Greenway Dodge / Airport Dodge in Orlando. I think Airport Dodge (who I *think* is owned by Lakeland Dodge) was by far the most straightforward to deal with and I would’ve bought from them had they had this truck.

EDIT: I'm editing this after reviewing my contract and not seeing additional fees during the finance checkout. I'll be honest, after a few hours of sitting in the dealership, I was dead tired. Completely my fault for not catching the bs. I used to have a recommendation here for the dealership. Now I'm flatly stating: Keep your head on at all times when dealing with any dealership. Overall, I like my truck and I'm happy with what I got it for. But, I'm f-ing pissed about the few hundred in added fees (at myself, more than anything).

Preparation:
Of course this thread was extraordinarily helpful.

Overall, I used an excel sheet to come up with a guide to figure out Invoice, FCA Affiliates (1% under invoice), and Employee Pricing (5% under invoice).

Invoice for Limiteds were consistently ~91.8% of the MSRP. Knowing that number helped me figure out the rest w/o having to build / get a quote.

Then I had it calculate total cost, taxes, cost minus rebates, loan amount, monthly payment.

Knowing that the dealer got kickbacks after 3 months for financing was helpful to negotiate a lower amount. But, my first payment is after 45 days, so I’m wondering if I can refinance in March instead of after 3 payments (which would be mid-May or so).

Overall, I’m happy with the purchase. I think I’d be ecstatic for the truck, but 2020 has me paranoid AF. So, I’m cautiously optimistic.

Feel free to ask me anything. I’ll do my best to respond / help out.

Last edited:

brettguercio

Reaction score
Msrp of $67,170 discount of $14,170 is this a good deal ? Dealership is refusing to apply my $1500 coupon from the ram site

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
First, thank you for all your information on this site. It was instrumental in getting me the best deal I thought I could get. I’m not sure if I got the *lowest* deal, but I’m happy with the results. But I could not have done it without the contributors on this site.

Truck Price:

2021 1500 4x4 Granite Night Edition, eTorque, Level 1 Equipment, Bed Utility Group, 3.92 rear, Sunroof, Trailer Brake.

Congrats! 14% isn't a bad deal. Enjoy your new RAM!!!

Abelfard

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is more room to go lower with the prices at Mark Dodge or are they no-haggle? There's a truck there I'm interested in that's just a little past my budget. I know they already take a lot off MSRP, so I'm wondering if they'll even entertain a slightly lower offer.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Msrp of $67,170 discount of $14,170 is this a good deal ? Dealership is refusing to apply my $1500 coupon from the ram site
That's 21% off a MSRP deal...sign the papers now and drive it off the lot!!! At 21%, that's why you aren't getting the $1500 coupon...they already built a heavy discount in the price ;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is more room to go lower with the prices at Mark Dodge or are they no-haggle? There's a truck there I'm interested in that's just a little past my budget. I know they already take a lot off MSRP, so I'm wondering if they'll even entertain a slightly lower offer.
EVERYTHING is negotiable ;)

ramtruck89

Reaction score
Never hurts to ask but from what I have seen they have by far the lowest prices. Because of that don’t know if they will go any lower.

After buying from them I can confidently say that if they have room to go lower they will!

Laramie6x6

Reaction score
Is the RAM cash pop up still available? I went to the site using multiple browsers and got nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69Safari

Reaction score
OK, I pulled the trigger today and ordered my 2021 Limited Longhorn 10th Anniversary edition from Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I dealt with Aaron Ginsburgh, who has been recommended on this forum numerous times for good reason. Very smooth process with no bs and what I consider to be a pretty decent price. The build is $75,120 MSRP; Aaron's quote was $64,844 plus $219 in fees for a total of $65,063 plus TTL. That is 13.4% off MSRP with NO incentives, rebates, etc considered. I'll get whatever are available at time of delivery, something Aaron can't predict. So, the price I pay can go down but it can't go up. (I'll let you know what I actually end up with at time of delivery.) We did the order on the phone. Easy peezy. He just needed an emailed copy of my driver's license and a credit card # for a $500 charge which will be applied to the purchase price. We sign all the papers when the vehicle comes in which, sadly, Aaron thinks could be as long as April. Mark Dodge will deliver free up to 250 miles. I'm a happy camper. I'd like to thank everyone on this thread, particularly Silent Bob, for the comprehensive advice and insight into the buying process. Absolutely invaluable. Thank you!

rbundy84

Reaction score
I’m sure this question has been asked ad nauseoum on this forum but what truly is the best time of the year to buy? Memorial Day, when the next year models come out, Black Friday, end of year, other?

I don’t have the funds right now but hoping to gain enough in the next few months to pull the trigger by Memorial Day if possible

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m sure this question has been asked ad nauseoum on this forum but what truly is the best time of the year to buy? Memorial Day, when the next year models come out, Black Friday, end of year, other?

I don’t have the funds right now but hoping to gain enough in the next few months to pull the trigger by Memorial Day if possible
There really is no “best” time as things change and different incentives come in and out of play.

AK103

Reaction score
First, thank you for all your information on this site. It was instrumental in getting me the best deal I thought I could get. I’m not sure if I got the *lowest* deal, but I’m happy with the results. But I could not have done it without the contributors on this site.

Truck Price:

Rebates: $3500 ($1500 FCA Cash, $1000 Truck Conquest, $500 Active Military)

Fees: $899 doc fee, $199 / $129 prep fee (I didn’t catch the 199/129 fee in the paperwork; I’m a little pissed that I didn’t see it…)

Total Before Taxes (Negotiated Price + Fees): $61,938.07

Tax @ 6% in my state, rebates are applied AFTER taxes in Florida.

Including tax, registration, fees: $66,214.08

After rebates: $63,214.08

I told the dealer I would finance through FCA for 3 months until they got their kickback, then I would refinance with USAA. My FCA APR was 5%, my USAA APR is 2.99% w/ a credit score around 800.

(Edit: Re: Employee Pricing For All. You should also know that the "Employee Pricing" is an undisclosed rebate / cashback for the dealer. In giving you the "EP," the dealers get refunded the amount that was taken off to match the trucks true employee pricing. By giving you the EP, the dealership isn't losing anything. I have no idea how this all plays out behind the scenes. But one of the sales persons tried to tell me they couldn't go lower than EP because they were already at the lowest point. /eyeroll

I also could not use the FCA Affiliate Rewards, which I signed up for a few months ago.)

Buying Experience:
I saw a lot of posts regarding South Florida dealers not negotiating and I would say that is 100% accurate. I tried to deal with Arrigo (all three), University Dodge, Aventura, Schumacher. None of whom really returned calls / emails. I also got quotes from Greenway Dodge / Airport Dodge in Orlando. I think Airport Dodge (who I *think* is owned by Lakeland Dodge) was by far the most straightforward to deal with and I would’ve bought from them had they had this truck.

Ultimately, I bought this truck from Napleton Dodge on Northlake Blvd in North West Palm Beach. My sales rep was Dennis, GM was Chad, Finance was “Big Mike.” I felt that Dennis was extremely professional and courteous, albeit, he did not know much about the Ram or its features (He said he was a Cherokee guy, and had only been employed there for a month).

At first, the dealer did the whole back and forth negotiations. Dealers first offer was before tax ~$69K. I asked to speak with the Sales Manager / GM, who was Chad. Once he came out, I showed him my number (calculated from info on this site) and where I wanted to be at out the door (explained below). I gave him an offer I had for a custom built truck, an offer for a Limited (non-night edition) from Airport, and other rebate info.

I wanted 7% under invoice minus rebates. I ended up with ~5.5% (when including $899 dealer fee (but I didn’t catch the $199 / $129 fee in finance …).

Preparation:
Of course this thread was extraordinarily helpful.

Overall, I used an excel sheet to come up with a guide to figure out Invoice, FCA Affiliates (1% under invoice), and Employee Pricing (5% under invoice).

Invoice for Limiteds were consistently ~91.8% of the MSRP. Knowing that number helped me figure out the rest w/o having to build / get a quote.

Then I had it calculate total cost, taxes, cost minus rebates, loan amount, monthly payment.

Knowing that the dealer got kickbacks after 3 months for financing was helpful to negotiate a lower amount. But, my first payment is after 45 days, so I’m wondering if I can refinance in March instead of after 3 payments (which would be mid-May or so).

Overall, I’m happy with the purchase. I think I’d be ecstatic for the truck, but 2020 has me paranoid AF. So, I’m cautiously optimistic.

Feel free to ask me anything. I’ll do my best to respond / help out.

I actually almost bought a truck from them. Thankfully I didn't.
64K truck, I offered 60K OTD on it. They told me come in and take it - we have a deal.
I get there, they tell me 62K - I walked out.

Just bought a nearly 72K truck for 63K OTD and 0% financing.

Glad I stuck to my guns.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I actually almost bought a truck from them. Thankfully I didn't.
64K truck, I offered 60K OTD on it. They told me come in and take it - we have a deal.
I get there, they tell me 62K - I walked out.

Just bought a nearly 72K truck for 63K OTD and 0% financing.

Glad I stuck to my guns.
$60K OTD on a $64K truck sucks...now $63K OTD on a $72K truck is GREAT!

db252

Reaction score
Aaron at Mark Dodge has been busy as we closed on an order also today on a ‘21 Limited pretty well loaded. I’d be saying the exact thing as 69Safari did a few posts above. Couldn’t be a smoother process and we will be curious as to the incentives/rebates available by delivery. MSRP is $76,540 and discounted price is $65,989 + minimal fees they charge and TTL. Being in CA we will have ours shipped and it’s still worth it. Thanks Aaron!

AK103

Reaction score
$60K OTD on a $64K truck sucks...now $63K OTD on a $72K truck is GREAT!

Yeah this was really without any research.
After I found this forum, I found Lakeland Ram and got an awesome deal.

I literally went to every dealer down here in South Florida. The prices are terrible.

Rau

Reaction score
Here are the details of my new Limited deal:
MSRP $69425
Dealers discount $9728
FCA $4000
Final before tax and ttl $55696
Trade in $42500 - 2020 1500 Laramie with 14k mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread