5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Nova90

Reaction score
Do you have the build sheet? EP and PP are 5% under invoice / 1%, respectively. If you do EP/.95 you'll get Invoice (or PP/.99).

I'm not sure if invoice is ~.91% across all trims, but if it is:

MSRP 55,375 x .91 = INV 50,391.25
50,391 x .99 = FCA Affiliate Price 49,887.34
50,391 x .95 = Employee Price 47,871.69.

Determine if your state taxes the total amount of the vehicle BEFORE rebates or AFTER. Then add in fees / TTL. Subtract rebates either before or after taxes.

You can build the same truck in Edmunds and it should give you invoice too.

You can join the FCA Affiliate group on Tread Lightly ( https://www.treadlightly.org/about-us/faqs/ ), but you cannot use the FCA Affiliate w/ the current Employee Pricing incentives (or so I was told at the dealership). FCA Affiliate gives you PP pricing, and *I think* $59 maximum dealer fee. It's like a "no haggle" program. Which then the dealers will not haggle lower than that price. (They may, but I had a dealer outright stop offering once I mentioned FCA... but I'm in South Florida. Every dealer here is bananas.)

It appears that your offer is a little under 1% of invoice. Some dealerships offer 6-7% under invoice, then factor rebates.

If my numbers are accurate, you can do better. But, adjust your determination on the true "invoice" of the truck.
Thanks for the response. The build sheet lists:

Base $48,820
Diamond Black paint $100
Night Edition $525
Rebel Level 1 $2,000
5.7 MDS VVT $1,795
Rear wheel liners $195
Remote start $245
Destination $1,695
Total MSRP $55,375

Paul95vr4

Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking a 2021 Big Horn with MSRP of $54555. After employee discount it’s $48985 and an additional rebate of $2000 bringing us to $46985

he showed me his invoice at $51000 and doesn’t seem to want to budge at all. I’m trying to get them to apply another $1500 to get me closer to 18% off MSRP unfortunately I can’t get the coupon to generate. They claim it’s a dealer specific coupon and won’t even discuss it.

Any insight?
Edit: I attached the sticker

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    96.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

j_drew

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The build sheet lists:

Base $48,820
Diamond Black paint $100
Night Edition $525
Rebel Level 1 $2,000
5.7 MDS VVT $1,795
Rear wheel liners $195
Remote start $245
Destination $1,695
Total MSRP $55,375

Does the sheet say EP or PP?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking a 2021 Big Horn with MSRP of $54555. After employee discount it’s $48985 and an additional rebate of $2000 bringing us to $46985

he showed me his invoice at $51000 and doesn’t seem to want to budge at all. I’m trying to get them to apply another $1500 to get me closer to 18% off MSRP unfortunately I can’t get the coupon to generate. They claim it’s a dealer specific coupon and won’t even discuss it.

Any insight?
Edit: I attached the sticker
That deal is not very good,, especially on a BH. The $1500 is definitely not dealer specific. Clear your cookies on your browsers and restart your computer and try again.

Paul95vr4

Reaction score
That deal is not very good,, especially on a BH. The $1500 is definitely not dealer specific. Clear your cookies on your browsers and restart your computer and try again.
Will give that a shot. What would you consider a good deal? Thanks in advance!

edit- tried restarting PC clearing cookies on edge, Firefox, chrome. Still doesn’t pop up. Will try macbook

Last edited:

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

edit- tried restarting PC clearing cookies on edge, Firefox, chrome. Still doesn’t pop up. Will try macbook
This is a comparable vehicle ($1000 higher MSRP actually) near me at the RAM dealer group that has pretty good prices and they are at just under $47k before the $1500 or PenFed or other discounts. There are even slightly less expensive dealers out there than this. If they want to sell the truck, you should be able to get another $1000 plus the $1500 (keep trying the popup), $1k PenFed or $500 TrueCar, etc.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

Right now 15% to 20% off MSRP is a good number to shoot for. Some people get as much as 24% to 28% off.

AK103

Reaction score
I'm at the point where I would probably not recommend Lakeland Ram sadly.
First POC he forgot to add technology package which I caught. Second POC he added the technology package off the build sheet - but removed the trailer brake on accident, which I missed.
I realized that after the truck was ordered already.
I acknowledged the fact that I'm responsible for green lighting the POC even though he removed it on accident.
I offered to pay for the brake/install. Been chasing him for weeks now.
I shouldn't be chasing him trying to get a hold of his accessory guy for weeks now when I just spent $60K+ with you over a $300 part.
I've asked for the "accessory guys" number numerous times, and keep being told "he'll call me" ... "he's with a customer" ....

So yeah, save yourself the aggravation and go with Mark Dodge they seem to have better customer service and more straight forward.

Last edited:

Paul95vr4

Reaction score
This is a comparable vehicle ($1000 higher MSRP actually) near me at the RAM dealer group that has pretty good prices and they are at just under $47k before the $1500 or PenFed or other discounts. There are even slightly less expensive dealers out there than this. If they want to sell the truck, you should be able to get another $1000 plus the $1500 (keep trying the popup), $1k PenFed or $500 TrueCar, etc.

Excuse the ignorance but what other discounts are you guys seeing? He gave me a break down of rebates but I left them on his desk (oops). $2000 total.

Reaction score
I know this is to report actual prices paid, and not necessarily for asking for negotiation advice, but it appears that many on this forum are doing so, so I thought I would pile-on. I am looking for advice on a response back to the dealer. The dealer has provided me with the following:
  • MSRP: $70,310
  • Rebate: $2000
  • Discount: $8719
  • Subtotal: $59591
  • Estimated Fees: $1120
  • OTD: $60711 (no TTL)
I would pay TTL when I get back to my home state.

Pop-up does not come up for me. I have tried all the different browsers, clearing cooking, restarting, different computer through a VPN etc. I have no FCA affiliation, but can join PenFed of course.

Is there some other information I should be asking for?

Thanks

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excuse the ignorance but what other discounts are you guys seeing? He gave me a break down of rebates but I left them on his desk (oops). $2000 total.
$2000 rebates in addition to employee pricing sounds right. But then you can get the $1500 with the pop up, and another $500 from going on True Car. Being a PenFed Credit Union member for 60 days or more gets another $1K off (you go to the PenFed site to get the code). You can't stack PenFed and True Car.

The thing is, not all dealers have the same employee price. Just like with normal negotiations some dealers discount more than others. I really don't like EP, since it is not nearly as straightforward as just negotiating price off of MSRP before rebates. And FCA is not doing crap for rebates now, since EP has a better initial discount than most dealers are willing to give normally.

bob225

Reaction score
Here is my deal on a 2021 Limited.

MSRP - $72495
EP - $63,379
They gave me another $3,000 unspecified.
Total - $60,379

So about 17% off sticker

I didn’t qualify for anything and cash deal. I noticed the color of the truck changes in the type of lighting.

Attachments

• Ram2021q.jpg
    Ram2021q.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 46
  • ram2021.jpg
    ram2021.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 46

AK103

Reaction score
Here is my deal on a 2021 Limited.

MSRP - $72495
EP - $63,379
They gave me another $3,000 unspecified.
Total - $60,379

So about 17% off sticker

I didn’t qualify for anything and cash deal. I noticed the color of the truck changes in the type of lighting.
That's a great deal. Love the color.

DSTJ99

Reaction score
Just wrapped up my deal after working with couple dealers over last two weeks. Had to drive 2 hours to N VA outside DC but inventory of max steel limited with indigo frost interior is hard to come by.

$71,095 MSRP
$58,165 sale price before rebates
$2,500 factory rebates - ( $1k cap quest and $1,500 pop up)
$55,655 final price before taxes, fees etc. 21.7% off.

Dealers processing fee was high $895 but wouldn’t move off it. I was fine given the steep discount knowing they were getting some of it back. Also had to use their financing which I agreed to for couple payments.

Very happy with the deal and the truck. I was going to custom order but luckily found one close enough to snag the end of year discounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I know this is to report actual prices paid, and not necessarily for asking for negotiation advice, but it appears that many on this forum are doing so, so I thought I would pile-on. I am looking for advice on a response back to the dealer. The dealer has provided me with the following:
  • MSRP: $70,310
  • Rebate: $2000
  • Discount: $8719
  • Subtotal: $59591
  • Estimated Fees: $1120
  • OTD: $60711 (no TTL)
I would pay TTL when I get back to my home state.

Pop-up does not come up for me. I have tried all the different browsers, clearing cooking, restarting, different computer through a VPN etc. I have no FCA affiliation, but can join PenFed of course.

Is there some other information I should be asking for?

Thanks

Check out my post

j_drew

Reaction score
I'm at the point where I would probably not recommend Lakeland Ram sadly.
[...]
So yeah, save yourself the aggravation and go with Mark Dodge they seem to have better customer service and more straight forward.

Maybe back to Napleton? ;) <3

Users who are viewing this thread